• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We can beat any team in the NBA

AHawks89

We can beat any team in the NBA in playoffs out of a 7 game series. Disagree or Agree?

We should had won the game against Miami & Chicago, but we didn't come out with any hype since LeBronda & Wade sat out. We should had won the game against Chicago with that 19 point lead. We have the the best defense in the League. Yeah, Pargo & Green can't hit open shots all the time, but they play great D against the opposing 1 & 2 spot. They are starting to get back to form back since the lockout. Can't forget that we have Kirk on the bench hurt.

Anyways, this is a drunk thread by me, but we really can beat any team in the NBA in a 7 game series. Name one team that can beat us in the East.

• Like 2

Agree, We should be 8-1 now but unfortunately we couldn't knock down our free throws. I think the Hawks at the end of the year could be a very good 3 or 2 seed. When Kirk gets back we will be a very good offensive team but for the time being i think Teague is doing a pretty decent job. If there was a team to beat us in the east it would probably be a healthy Miami team. We might've beaten them earlier in Miami but when you never know if Lebron or Wade are gonna put up 30 points each or 8 points. Anyways, I think we could beat the bulls in a series and beat teams like the Magic and the Pacers to. I'm very pleased to see how our team has played in the past two games and hope we can keep the momentum up. GO HAWKS!

We are a dangerous team when Drew allows us to get out and run...we have the athletes to be similar to the Suns in there hay day..the team played excellent tonite because they weren't harnessed by drew with all that whistlin to set up a play..playin uptempo allows us to get easier shots because we don't have the personel to play a strictly half court game because in that setting we don't have one guy that we can rely on to get us a basket..joe just isn't athletic enough when the defense sets..

Edited by LastDon

• Premium Member

I read a thread like this and continue to daydream not only of the effect that Hirnich's return will have, but of how adding a K-mart in March could as well... not that he would add anything significant to the rotation that we do not already have, but that his presence would go a long ways toward giving the team fresher legs for the playoffs.

• Premium Member

This was a REGULAR SEASON GAME folks, not the playoffs. Sure last night was a nice performance. However, the Hawks cannot shoot that well from long distance most nights, they're still a jump shooting team (which results in fail come playoff time) and they still struggle to get easy high percentage baskets on a regular basis (no post prescence and undersized). Make no mistake, if those 3s don't fall, it would have been a different game. This team still has personnel issues that need to be addressed before they become a threat to Chicago or Miami in a seven game series.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Glass half-empty... Jody's right, I believe, that if we are to elevate ourselves to true contention, in a tournament that requires you to win best 4/7 series, that's so very unlikely unless/until you can develop some reliable night-in-night-out scoring within 5 feet of the basket... ie, back-to-the-basket low-post scoring alternating with point guard penetration for lay-ups and drive-and-dish scores.

Glass half-full... all four games versus CHI and MIA demonstrated that this team is on the same level as those teams that are otherwise hyped as "elite," which if goes against the conventional thinking that we were going to be going backwards without Jamal as sixth man. In fact, I'm slow to come to a firm conclusion this early in the season, but Sund's free agent acquisitions are shaping up to be a significant upgrade.

Conclusion: We are a low-post scorer away from becoming a genuine championship threat. Optimally, we find that capacity within the current roster so that we don't have to disrupt what we otherwise have... that might be wishful thinking... but we're still just young enough that I don't rule it out.

• Premium Member
We can beat any team in the NBA in playoffs out of a 7 game series. Disagree or Agree? We should had won the game against Miami & Chicago, but we didn't come out with any hype since LeBronda & Wade sat out. We should had won the game against Chicago with that 19 point lead. We have the the best defense in the League. Yeah, Pargo & Green can't hit open shots all the time, but they play great D against the opposing 1 & 2 spot. They are starting to get back to form back since the lockout. Can't forget that we have Kirk on the bench hurt. Anyways, this is a drunk thread by me, but we really can beat any team in the NBA in a 7 game series. Name one team that can beat us in the East.

i AGREE. I think our problem is mental. We don't mentally prepare for games and we make mistakes. Correctable mistakes. The teams we play know this and I believe that they all are trembling thinking about having to play us.

• Premium Member
The playoffs are all about matchups. I fear Philly more than I fear Miami. We match up with Miami better than Philly.

I think Philly has a more complete team than us (positionwise) but I would like to see us play them first. It's something about experience and speed that kills. Brand might be the weak link.

I think Philly has a more complete team than us (positionwise) but I would like to see us play them first. It's something about experience and speed that kills. Brand might be the weak link.

Philly and Indiana both scare me more than Miami does. It seems that this year Philly has really got it working on both sides of the ball and they could easily be undefeated right now. I think that with Teague we match up fairly well with them and Brand always seems to struggle against us but it will be a heck of a game when we play them. Same with Indiana as they really have a tremendous starting unit and some talented bench guys as well.

• Premium Member

Philly and Indiana both scare me more than Miami does. It seems that this year Philly has really got it working on both sides of the ball and they could easily be undefeated right now. I think that with Teague we match up fairly well with them and Brand always seems to struggle against us but it will be a heck of a game when we play them. Same with Indiana as they really have a tremendous starting unit and some talented bench guys as well.

I agree that those teams that have good players at every position and smart coaching should scare us more than Miami. When you get into pressure time, Miami will revert back to the iso game that causes them to lose. We can get them there. Honestly, we're supposed to be 8-1 right now. We had Chicago and Miami beat and we just made mistakes and missed FTs. Those are correctable mistakes. Houston just outclassed us. Their point ran circles around ours. Their bigs played dominantly. Our bench didn't matter. However, there are many teams that can do that to us. Moreover, we're getting stronger. Drew Just found Ivan the Terrible. Drew just noticed Radman the avenger. And we're getting back Kirk the Captain. We're rolling on all cylinders once we do that because we're awfully deep. We play Tmac enough to keep him in playing shape and he might be 6th man of the year. More importantly, he will be that guy off the bench that Crawford used to be.

It would be great to go to the finals with this team vs. PTL.