• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

did we run a real motion offense last night?

Wurider05

we looked fluid on offense last night. There was alot of movement all the way around.

Anytime we come out with clear heads and team effort, unselfish and focused we're doin' just fine!

Sure it was motion offense... but in order to make it work, our boys had to move exceptionally well without the ball, fill passing lanes, create good targets, and hit open shots...

• Like 1

Anytime we come out with clear heads and team effort, unselfish and focused we're doin' just fine!

Sure it was motion offense... but in order to make it work, our boys had to move exceptionally well without the ball, fill passing lanes, create good targets, and hit open shots...

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Well I was pissed and ready to trade in my fan card after the last Chicago game. So now I must step up and admit I was emotionally motivated and unfairly judged this team. I still don't think Joe is worth half what we're paying him but this team is capable of doing something special if they don't get bogged down in isolation offense. The fact is we don't have one single go-to guy but we have a team full of quality players. If we just move the ball around and let the offense flow from our savvy and athleticism, we will see fewer of those droughts where we look like a bunch of clowns.

I think what we saw were the good Hawks. The team that everyone would like to see. If we are a team full of good guys (ala Barkley), then we need to play good guy ball, which is unselfish, crisp passing, and lots of movement.

I enjoy watching that team. The one that came out after the Miami win was awful to watch.

If we can see this kinda team at least every 3 of 5 games I will be happy. Some nights players will struggle shooting, but if the effort is there (especially on defense) on the other nights - I'm good.

Another thing worth mentioning is the fact that by not re-signing Crawford, we have increased our capability of playing motion offense and avoiding ISO's, ball-hogging...

P.S. I loved Crawford and his flare, unique offensive skills, but he was suppressing obvious talent that we have on our team...

Another thing worth mentioning is the fact that by not re-signing Crawford, we have increased our capability of playing motion offense and avoiding ISO's, ball-hogging...

P.S. I loved Crawford and his flare, unique offensive skills, but he was suppressing obvious talent that we have on our team...

We have also improved dramatically on our defense in the absence of Crawford and company. It's a lot easier to play man to man, zone and switch when you have good defense capable players.

I said before the season started that I thought the sum of the parts on the bench would have more of an effect than just Jamal alone. More rebounding, better defense and above all else no guys standing around and watching Jamal.