• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Turned on the Dieselputer concerning AL.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Here's what I got back.

THE SMALL LINEUP.

We can't play Zaza as starter too much, plus Zaza has great Chemistry with the 2nd team.

However, what we can do is go to a small lineup.

I had previous suggested us getting Fesenko. Scratch that...

Let's go out and get Kelenna Azubuike to be our starting SG for the league minimum.

Here's the linup:

Teague

Azubuike

Joe

Radman

Smoove.

LD has to make this team a running team. We can pull a GS. The thing we have over most teams is that we can shoot and defend at all positions. Yeah, Smoove is going to lose most nights in the post, so play the zone and double in the post.

The questions.

How many Cs will be able to keep up with Smoove?

IF we run, who can run with us?

Kelenna Azubuike has been injured, I still don't think his knee is healthy. Joe loses his height and weight advantage against shooting guards (he has difficulty against taller players). Josh will get killed at C, I could see him playing spot minutes there, but not full time. he will take a beating and have nothing left for end of season.

• Premium Member

I'm good with going small but why not just play JT/Green/Joe/Rad/Smoove?

That's fine too, I'm just saying getting a SG who can score and play defense... instead of combing the weeds for a Center who may be slow.

I would still comb the weeds for a center. I don't think Josh can take heavy minutes at C.

I definitely do not want him playing center as a regular thing. At 225 lbs he's going to wear down quickly battling for position for 250+ lb centers game in and game out.

• Premium Member

I definitely do not want him playing center as a regular thing. At 225 lbs he's going to wear down quickly battling for position for 250+ lb centers game in and game out.

Nobody said that we stay a man to man team. We play a full zone and double on the bigs. The point is if you have a 250 lb guy on the court, sure he may get position of offense, but what will he do on defense?

• Premium Member

I have been saying for years we whould though Smoove in at the 5 and see what happens. he is too small now. Lets see how Marvin handles the five a bit in a small lineup.

When Marvin gets back.. Sure. I say, let Smoove play it and not change his style. Let him sit out there near the perimeter and drive when he feels like it. The thing is the bigs will have to abandon the post and that leaves room for Teague or Green to bumrush the goal.