Philly Game

arhawkfan

• Premium Member

I am worried about it tonight. We have been playing good of late but this one could give us fits. We are going to need big games from the 3 J's.

Interestingly, even though Philly has a bigger frontcourt, something tells me that they will try to wage war with our backcourt.

Jrue, Williams, Jodie, Evan, and AI vs. Teague, Joe, Marvin, Radman, Pargo,and T-Mac.

The question is what Marvin will show up. If Marvin can put the clamps on AI, we have a chance. I think it will be post up city with Joe on Jodie or whoever they put on him.

Interesting will be Smoove vs. Brand/Thad.

Even more interesting is will they try to stop Joe with Young? IVAN comes in and scares the piss out of Thad.

Last game, Craig Smith was not intimidated by IVAN...

AI I think will guard Joe.

He abosuletly embarassed Joe last season on both ends. I don't know if he's got that streak going again where he was defensively dominating every top wing scorer in the league last season but Joe was so worn out from trying to score on Iggy that Iggy was breaking his ankles on consecutive plays. Teague get's another opportunity to go at a PG from his draft class selected before him so we'll see if he's fired up.

Marvin had 8pts/8rebs early on last game and then drew played tmac (who also played well) for a long time so Marvin ended up with less impressive numbers but was on pace for a very nice game

Even still he had 12/8 in 21 mins but woulda done better with more time and not such a long break...he was rebounding well

Tmac had 8/6 in 27 mins so we got 20/14 from our sf position...if we can get that every night that'd be great (esp since they both also play strong defense)

Edited by Nicholasp27

• Moderators

Hawes still out, so Zaza will need to outperform the rookie Vucevic.

The Sixers' major frontcourt players don't get to the line an awful lot (5.7 FTAs/game combined among Brand+Thad+Hawes+Vuce combined, according to Liberty Ballers). A lot of trips to the line (and conversions) by the Hawks' frontline may make the difference.

~lw3

This is going to be a very tough game against a playoff team who are young and like to get up and down the court. Talent wise I believe that Philly has the edge (since we're without Al and Hinrich) but we're more experienced and I like our bench matching up with theirs. What will be interesting to see is how much Evan Turner has improved since last year, since he seems to be much more of a factor this year, and he didn't do much against us last year at all.

#Hawks starting 'big' lineup w/ Jason Collins at PHI. Larry Drew says that's the "regular" lineup "for right now."

Looks like we gonna see a lot more of Collins now...ew

Yeah...looks like JaCo is our "designated starter for awhile at C. That's OK with me - he's big and occasionally does something good.

As far as this game goes - of course I want us to win every game - but as long as we play competitvely and don't get blown out I'm OK with the effort. Then come back home and get a win against CLE.

If I were LD I would unleash Ivan the Terrible a little extra tonight. May as well bruise them up a bit biggrin.png

• Premium Member

My wife had to tell me how bad things got because I watched the first half tonight, my stomach was absolutely killing me so I missed the entire third quarter and when I came back I was just floored to see the score. I don't know what happened in the third, did we just miss every single shot?

My wife had to tell me how bad things got because I watched the first half tonight, my stomach was absolutely killing me so I missed the entire third quarter and when I came back I was just floored to see the score. I don't know what happened in the third, did we just miss every single shot?

We had 10 pts in the 3rd to their 25. We also couldn't grab a friggin rebound. It was hard to watch, your kinda lucky you missed it lol. Hope your feeling better though.

As far as this game goes - of course I want us to win every game - but as long as we play competitvely and don't get blown out I'm OK with the effort. Then come back home and get a win against CLE.

I fully expected us to get hammered in the third quarter - I hoped we would stay within 10 points for a fourth quarter run. Willie hit a last second shot and got us through to the 4th quarter only down 7.

I hoped we would bounce back off a bad quarter and make a run in the 4th...we didn't and got blown out late....alas sad.png

OK - next game - let's beat the Cavaliers!