• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Marvin and T-Mac

• Premium Member

Is it me or has Van Exel gotten more tangible results than any coach we've had?

I've been a Marvin detractor but i agree that i don't see why he isn't getting the burn that Joe and Josh are getting at least.

I think LD reads these boards!crazy.gif But seriously, the guy has the second highest per amoungst the healthy players on the team but LD is showing that same trust in his back up again more than in Marvin during cruch time.

• Premium Member

Allow the second unit to play through Marvin. Doubt Drew would do it because he's an self-absorbed a-hole.

Not sure about the Marvin part but you may be on to something with your thoughts of LD. I figured this out about the guy when he undercut Woody for this job. . Dude never gave Woody an ounce of credit. His whole pitch for the job was "I'm better than Woody!"

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Is it me or has Van Exel gotten more tangible results than any coach we've had?

I've been a Marvin detractor but i agree that i don't see why he isn't getting the burn that Joe and Josh are getting at least.

I think there are some issues with Marvin's conditioning since you usually see better production from him early in the game as opposed to late in the game, or at least it feels that way to me.

Drew said Williams has been more aggressive with his shot this season after recovering from off-season back surgery. Drew said he wants Williams to “get his feet set, lick his chops and let it go” when he has an open shot. “LD has been telling me to do that since I’ve been playing for him,” said Williams, who has hit 10 of 15 3-pointers on the Hawks’ road trip. “It’s fun to play for a coach who allows you to do that, wants you to do that. There is no second-guessing about doing it. This year, I knew he expected that from me so I worked hard all summer and it’s really showing.”

Drew said Williams has been more aggressive with his shot this season after recovering from off-season back surgery. Drew said he wants Williams to “get his feet set, lick his chops and let it go” when he has an open shot. “LD has been telling me to do that since I’ve been playing for him,” said Williams, who has hit 10 of 15 3-pointers on the Hawks’ road trip. “It’s fun to play for a coach who allows you to do that, wants you to do that. There is no second-guessing about doing it. This year, I knew he expected that from me so I worked hard all summer and it’s really showing.”

That's awesome to hear!! Interesting to hear the subtle little jab at Woody thrown in as well.