• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

9 - 5 Nickname opinions

coachx

Who came up with the 9-5 nickname ? I'm guessing it was Nique or a person who never worked a real job in their life. To them 9 - 5 describes a full work day for a hard worker. To me, a full work day is longer then 8 hours. To me, just 8 hours is the bare minimum. I'm guessing "9 - 5" just doesn't sound like a nickname for a "hard working tough guy" to most of us working folks.

When I think "9 - 5" I picture the slackest person at the office who leaves work the second it hits 5:00 no matter what............Heaven forbid they stay late to get their job done. That nickname is just not how I picture a hard worker like Ivan at all. That is how I picture the biggest slacker in the office.

Perhaps I'm just old fashioned..............either that or what one generation called lazy is now considered hard working.

Edited by coachx

I dunno how hard any of us who get on here during the day can say we're working ... but I do agree that 9-5 is a severely outdated work schedule that no longer applies to most Americans. If anything 8-5 is the norm now and personally I'm an 8:30 to 6:30-7 guy, but again I'm obviously not working too hard judging by how often I'm on here!

• Like 1

Ivan The Terrible is much more appropriate. He even lumbers down the court like a Viking whose upper body is more developed and burly than his bottom half.

I agree, it's what I call him. Gotta say Turrible (Barkley voice) though.

You are overthinking this one. "9-5" is not just a term used by people "who never worked a real job in their lives", it is a very common cliche used by pretty much everyone to describe a job, particularly a blue-collar type job, even though not a lot of people actually work from the hours of 9 to 5 anymore; this is what Nique was probably thinking.

Edited by atlbraves93
  • Like 2

I'd prefer 187 for when he kills* Josh for being a lazy idiot or Joe for just being lazy or Zaza for having the worst hands in the NBA or LD for showing no emotion or Marvin for disappearing.

*Disclaimer - neither I, Dolfan23, nor Hawksquawk, officially endorse the killing of any of the Hawks players.

I'd prefer 187 for when he kills* Josh for being a lazy idiot or Joe for just being lazy or Zaza for having the worst hands in the NBA or LD for showing no emotion or Marvin for disappearing.

*Disclaimer - neither I, Dolfan23, nor Hawksquawk, officially endorse the killing of any of the Hawks players.

That's why I like "20 to Life"

I would kill to have Bob scream "20-Life with another double homicide in points and rebounds!" or use other emphasized puns like "Ivan with a 1st degree murderous jam on the rim!" "Ivan with a breaking away and entering steal and jam!" "Assault with a deadly weapon by Ivan on the block!" and just generally say at the end of every stint when Ivan goes back to the bench "that was 5 minutes of hard time by Ivan"