• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How can Marvin Williams lead the team in Per and not get any playing time

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

And how can Josh Smith stink up the Joint and play the majority of the game. Is LD losing it...You are down 18 in the 4th quarter and your best 3 point shooter and argubly your best perimeter defender is on the bench? Can anyone explain the rational behind playing Vlad over Marvin tonight?

You have to wonder sometimes if Drew is limiting his minutes for some reason related to his recovery from the back injury. If so, would be nice if they'd say so. Also, I wonder if Marvin is just not in very good shape. For whatever reason, its a real head scratcher.

Marvin did land on his back really hard at one point. That could have had something to do with it even though this isn't the first game his minutes have been questionable. We should try T-Mac and Marvin or Marvin and Ivan when Josh is throwing away every other offensive possession.

• Premium Member

• Zaza usually is a high-energy guy, too, but he looked out of sorts tonight. He didn’t give much int he way of boards or drawing fouls, which is where he makes his mark. Even Vladimir Radmanovic offered more than Zaza in those areas.
  • Andre Iguodola made things tough again for Joe Johnson, who kept trying to go right at him instead of letting the offense flow. Joe didn’t make many of the open shots he did manage.
  • Jeff Teague snapped out his slumber in the fourth quarter, when he had 10 points on six shots and two assists against no turnovers. Josh got to the line in the fourth quarter, too, but a dude named Lavoy Allen gave him a bit of trouble.
  • Marvin Williams was solid in 20 minutes (eight points on five shots, four rebounds) but stayed on the bench in the fourth quarter as Vlad Rad didn’t leave the court.
  • Tracy McGrady can’t find his shot–it seems they’ve been short a lot–but still makes plays and rebounds. Kirk Hinrich couldn’t make shots, either, and looked a step slow against Philly’s quick guards.

This has been bugging me all season especially when Josh is stinking it up like he was last nightand Marvin is playing well. Its like JJ or Josh have to get "theirs" not matter what. The situation with Marvin is happening too frequently to be a coincidence. I just don't understand it. LD did play Marvin and mcGrady together that other night though. I think that Josh was the main person pushing for LD to get the job and now he owes him something. I have seen allstars pulled for less than what Josh does sometimes. I don't get this dude at all.

Edited by Wurider05

• Marvin Williams was solid in 20 minutes (eight points on five shots, four rebounds) but stayed on the bench in the fourth quarter as Vlad Rad didn’t leave the court.

Shame on LD for this. It's hard to respect a coach who benches players/limits minutes when they are the few bright spots in the game--yet allows Josh, Joe, and others a much longer leash when they are stinking up the joint.