• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Listening to the Herd today.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just like every other news outlet, Cowherd was frothing over Linsanity. But there was one thing that really made me think while he was pouring over Lin. He talked about how on-Court, Lin made his team better in measurable ways... specifically, Points in the paint and FG%.

I started to think... What about Teague and Hinrich. Let's look.

According to 82 games...

Teague:

On-Court Team FG%: 49.6%

Off-Court Team FG%: 47.2%

On-Court Assisted FG%: 57%

Off-Court Assisted FG%: 68%.

Hinrich:

On-Court Team FG%: 49.4%

Off-Court Team FG%: 48.7%

On-Court Assisted FG%: 67%

Off-Court Assisted FG%: 60%.

Pargo:

On-Court Team FG%: 46.9%

Off-Court Team FG%: 49.3%

On-Court Assisted FG%: 70%

Off-Court Assisted FG%: 59%.

OK, here are our three PGs. People wonder why our offense has Lulls? The numbers suggest that Teague is not a distributor. That Hinrich doesn't make a big difference in team FG% and that Pargo hits the floor and hell breaks lose.

What about Lin?

50.8% FG% on the court. +4.5

56% FG assisted on the court. +2

It's interesting. The question is, when Hinrich hits the floor, do we see a difference in distribution and does it help?

I think that you have to take into account the fact that the 1st team starters (Johnson, Smith, Horford) can create their own shots as opposed to the second team players (Green, Rad, Zaza) who depend on good passes to be able to take good shots.

Bench players are always more likely to run sets to get shots up and are less likely to default to isolation. you would want to see a higher percentage, but more likely it would take for Joe, Josh, and Al to refrain from going iso (not going to happen).

• Premium Member

I think that you have to take into account the fact that the 1st team starters (Johnson, Smith, Horford) can create their own shots as opposed to the second team players (Green, Rad, Zaza) who depend on good passes to be able to take good shots.

Bench players are always more likely to run sets to get shots up and are less likely to default to isolation. you would want to see a higher percentage, but more likely it would take for Joe, Josh, and Al to refrain from going iso (not going to happen).

That's actually a pretty good explanation.

There are some small details like Zaza = Starter and Tmac can create for himself, but overall, it's very acceptable. Joe and Josh holds that ball too long.

• Premium Member

Don't get me wrong, I haven't bought into the Linsanity just yet. I mean, they are playing against inferior competition. His best showing was against the Lakers and the truth is that the Knicks have nothing else.

I think that a Melo Meltdown is in order.

If the Knicks were smart, they would use Melo to get Howard and Chandler to get Joe Johnson. Then watch the sickness.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't bought into the Linsanity just yet. I mean, they are playing against inferior competition. His best showing was against the Lakers and the truth is that the Knicks have nothing else.

If the Knicks were smart, they would use Melo to get Howard and Chandler to get Joe Johnson. Then watch the sickness.

Never agreed with Deez more. People in ESPN thought that idea was ridiculous. A trade is never ridiculous when you get back more in return you know, like how the Nuggets did. They've still won more regular and post season games than the Knicks have since the trade, in a tougher Conference no less. What else is there to analyze? D'Antoni would be a fool to allow Melo to isolate on the baseline like he loves to do when a better passer, shooter, and smarter player is at the top of the key wondering why his team isn't flowing or gelling anymore. I say ship Melo down to Charlotte with his boy Jordan for Henderson, the big D.J. kid, and a couple first rounders if possible. The Knicks will have a great team and great picks for the future and Melo could shoot all he wants and get a ridiculous contract form his boy and giving the Bobcats attendance a shot. The Knicks would be the most popular team and a global brand again like it should be. Win-Win for everybody. You can see it in Melo's face and his fake smiles that he hates the attention level that Lin is getting in his fake hometown. The Knicks won in a blowout with Melo scoring 1 point! Unnecessary dead weight volume shooter. None of them have ever won anything. As a basketball fan, I really don't want to see the controversial circus in the media if and when Melo is shooting 20 times for poor percentages and descending team assists in losses (unless it's against us of course). All of the Knicks' team numbers since Lin arrived are up. And dont give me that "look who theyve played" crap either. Anybody can beat anybody on any given night. Why would anybody in their right mind want to mess up a great thing? That nerd Stern should make it happen like he vetoed the Lakers Paul trade. He should do everything in his power to assure that the Knicks win with Lin as the focal point to generate those billions from Asia. Duh.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I was never a Melo fan and didn't understand the hysteria over trying to get him. I'd love to get Chandler to the Hawks somehow. Not sure using Joe is the right move though. We'd be great at defense and our offense would consist of 3 pointers and lobs.

Just like every other news outlet, Cowherd was frothing over Linsanity. But there was one thing that really made me think while he was pouring over Lin. He talked about how on-Court, Lin made his team better in measurable ways... specifically, Points in the paint and FG%.

I started to think... What about Teague and Hinrich. Let's look.

According to 82 games...

Teague:

On-Court Team FG%: 49.6%

Off-Court Team FG%: 47.2%

On-Court Assisted FG%: 57%

Off-Court Assisted FG%: 68%.

Hinrich:

On-Court Team FG%: 49.4%

Off-Court Team FG%: 48.7%

On-Court Assisted FG%: 67%

Off-Court Assisted FG%: 60%.

Pargo:

On-Court Team FG%: 46.9%

Off-Court Team FG%: 49.3%

On-Court Assisted FG%: 70%

Off-Court Assisted FG%: 59%.

OK, here are our three PGs. People wonder why our offense has Lulls? The numbers suggest that Teague is not a distributor. That Hinrich doesn't make a big difference in team FG% and that Pargo hits the floor and hell breaks lose.

What about Lin?

50.8% FG% on the court. +4.5

56% FG assisted on the court. +2

It's interesting. The question is, when Hinrich hits the floor, do we see a difference in distribution and does it help?

The only difficulty I see with all those stats are the number of games Lin has played significant minutes (7) compared to all the Hawks guards.

• Premium Member

The only difficulty I see with all those stats are the number of games Lin has played significant minutes (7) compared to all the Hawks guards.

Well, the point was to never compare our players to Lin. But it was to see if when our PGs are on the floor, are they making the team better with assists and increasing the FG%.

Lin had NINE turnovers last night. FORTY FIVE in his last seven games. Over the last 7 games during the Linsanity, Teague and Kirk have 14 turnovers COMBINED. Add Pargo and it gets to 18.

People are conveniently ignoring Lin's massive turnover issues.

So there.