• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Just how bad was the snub (by the numbers)

thecampster

Total teams in the east - 15.

All star team roster spots - 12

Josh -

bpg - 3rd

rpg - 7th

spg - 8th

ppg - 16th (as the second option)

apg - 21st (from a power forward)

Bosh

bpg - 22nd

rpg - 13th

spg - 31st

ppg - 4th (but just 2.6 more per game than Smith)

apg - 41st

iguodala

bpg - 37th

rpg - 20th

spg - 3rd

ppg - 30th

apg - 9th

Deng hasn't played enough games to make the "qualified" list but loses in all 4 categories except points scored (by .2, a virtual tie). 2.6 less rebounds, .4 less steals, 1.3 less blocks, .2 less assists and in 4 more minutes per game.

Carmelo hasn't played enough games to make the qualified list and does score 6 more ppg and gets .7 more assists in the same number of minutes. But loses handily in blocks, reb, steals while shooting 39.9% from the floor. He's here because he hits his free throws.

• Like 3

It was a terrible snub. The point is that Smoove has to realize that perception is reality. He will continuely be marked as a Low BBIQ player who lives on athleticism alone the longer he persists to shoot god -awful shots from outside when he doesn't have to.

Its a valid point. That and the bad attitude thing. However, Its becoming more and more clear its mainly just a popularity contest orchestrated by that D-bag Stern. Jeremy Lin being included in anything makes it perfectly clear to me.

I won't be watching the nba allstar festivities this year as a protest. Joe doesn't show up for these allstar games anyway. No one passes him the ball and he doesn't have the desire to ask for it either. In my opinion, he usually is one of the worst looking players out there.

It was a terrible snub. The point is that Smoove has to realize that perception is reality. He will continuely be marked as a Low BBIQ player who lives on athleticism alone the longer he persists to shoot god -awful shots from outside when he doesn't have to.

That and this:

.543 from the free throw line and 2.5 TO per game. The positives, 16 ppg is solid, 9.5 rpg is solid, 2.1 bpg is great, 3.5 assist is great for a power forward. The negatives though make him a bad possesion waiting to happen. Josh does not look good on national TV and coaches do not like a lack of discipline. Just like you said perception is reality and I will add, seeing is believeing.

• Premium Member

Josh doesn't show up against the good teams. He beasts out againt the Suns, Wizards,Bobcats, etc but where was he when we played the Lakers and the Heat. Same with JJ. Bosh is superior player in every aspect to Josh Smith.

Disagree with this. Josh has shown up against good teams both this year and in the past. The only thing Bosh has on Josh at all and I mean AT ALL are his mid range jumper and at the free throw line. Bosh is as weak as tissue paper on defense and isn't remotely as good a passer as Josh.

• Like 2

This is all fine and dandy, but the All-Stars are not picked based upon statistics (as much as I would like them to be), they are picked by coaches. This argument only works if coaches are picking based solely on statistics, which I doubt more than 5 coaches in the entire league would use statistics as the main criterion.

I guess I am not so miffed at the "snub" of Josh, I am more miffed at Josh complaining about politics. Snub? If you use statistical analysis sure, not so sure about if you are electing All-Stars based on the criteria a coach would use. Politics? f*** no, this doesn't even make any sense. Are all coaches colluding based upon what agents are telling them? This idea just has all the markings of crazy conspiracy theories, it is purely laughable to me.

• Moderators

This should be the message his agents are giving him. Not anything about politics.