Wurider05

Josh doing whatever he wants to do on the court

Our record againt winning teams

JJ hurt and declining

McGrady complaining

marvin wants to be traded

LD getting outcoached daily

Horford out for the season

This franchise is going down fast. Drew has lost this team.

It's amazing what a couple of months can do as it wasn't that long ago we nearly beat the Bulls and Heat 4 times in a week. It's to the point now where I have doubts that we'll beat any +.500 team and I'm leery about beating borderline teams.

The past 2 games have been on TV for me so it's been nice that I've been able to record them, come back and watch later and fast forward through the game once we're down by 15 points so that I don't have to waste 2.5 hours watching the Hawks act like they could care less if they win or not.

• Moderators

The truth is always in the middle. We weren't as good as we thought when we were close to tops in the east and we aren't as bad as we think now. The problem is we are the same as we have been for 3 years. We lack leadership but mainly we lack leadership from the players. Joe and Josh are failing this team badly in that dept. Not that LD doesn't share blame but this team doesn't have good chemistry. They think they do because they all like each other but that's a different thing.

We started winning when Al got here and when Bibby was here because those guys are winners and leaders. Bibby ran out of ability and now Al is hurt and the guys who think they are the leaders but aren't are running the show. So things fall apart.

I look at it this way...

This season was f***ed up before it started with the whole sharade between NBA and PU...,

Then Al went down and our chances of contending faded away.

Although we had some positive outings, deep down inside we all knew that this roster and it's financial backbone had serious flaws and limitations.

Reality is that project that started some years ago reached it's peak and it's time to start the new cycle!

Yes, the situation doesn't look bright, especially for this season (nothing new there)...

However, this could be an opportunity to make some changes... and those should be:

1. Trade or use the amnesty clause on JJ and his contract,

2. Trade Marvin, Kirk and one of Al or Smoove,

3. Get true center and a point guard to form a new core with either Al or Smoove (Teague as the backup PG).

It may sound radical, but the longer we wait, our bargaining position will deteriorate... It's just a scenario, but it would certainly make sense if ASG truly wants to go all the way...

Edited by T21

Zaza is playing well and keeping his mouth shut at least. Maybe it is time to change the game-plan and give Zaza 20+ shots a game.

Colin I think you may be the only Zaza 'fanboy' on Hawksquawk. I love cheering for medium Z but I'd shudder to think about him getting 20+ shots a game because that would mean 5-10 drops / fumbles / shots blocked a game.

We started winning when Al got here and when Bibby was here because those guys are winners and leaders. Bibby ran out of ability and now Al is hurt and the guys who think they are the leaders but aren't are running the show. So things fall apart.

This. We were a lottery team before Al, so it's kinda unrealistic for us to be much more with him out, especially since we dont have the 25 point Joe Johnson from those days. 8th seed would be impressive. Remember the expectations thread a few days ago? Keep em low.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

My expectations are not so low. Face the facts, right now, we are an injured team looking for refuge. However, we will be strong again. Can this core win? NO But this team is better than the naysayers are saying. I would love to see a move that actually solidifies our interior. Right now, Marvin, Kirk, and Horf are all trade bait for the right deal.

Horford not trade bait silly.