• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Joe Johnson: " Right now I’m not sure if everyone has that one common goal – and that is winning."

GameTime

Do you think it's a way to blame Larry Drew ? I mean, it's his job to define players'role

That's exactly what I thought of when I read his comment. If the players don't know their roles, either the coaching is bad, the players are dumb or some combination of the two.

• Moderators

I just don't understand why this fool keeps hoisting up jumpers night in and night out. It seems like he is taking more jumpers from the perimeter than Joe!!!! What is going on.....

Joe still takes considerably more. Josh shoots 6 FGA from 15-23 feet (more than Joe from this range) and an average of 1 3pt attempt per game. Joe shoots 4.9 FGA attempts from 15-23 feet and 5 3pt attempts per game.

Over the last 8-12 games Josh has been leading the team in shots taken and more often than not they are not quality shots. Half of his shots are from long distance and he is missing more than he makes. Last game alone he took 21 shots (granted Joe was out) but 10 of them were from 12 feer or more and he missed ALL...just saying.

Didn't someone also gripe about Teague scoring too much and how he needs to set up guys (which we clearly see is not his strength)? don't remember who though.

• Premium Member

I think Joe is hinting to Teague. I'm sure he's figured out that when Teague gets going, the team gets going. All he's protesting now is for guys to trust Teague and allow him to get his shots at the basket and become more aggressive without them complaining.

I hope that is the case. This team needs Teague to play the way he is capable of playing. He's been timid lately and I'm pretty sure it's because of people talking to him about 'distributing'. Strangely enough he always plays timid after a high scoring game. I don't think that's a coincidence.

I hope that is the case. This team needs Teague to play the way he is capable of playing. He's been timid lately and I'm pretty sure it's because of people talking to him about 'distributing'. Strangely enough he always plays timid after a high scoring game. I don't think that's a coincidence.

I was thinking the same thing the other night watching him pass up shots. Reminds me of a couple of years ago when the Celtics stars had to practically force Rondo to take shots and I think the same needs to be done here... although I'm not sure that we have the leadership to fix this issue.

I just don't understand why this fool keeps hoisting up jumpers night in and night out. It seems like he is taking more jumpers from the perimeter than Joe!!!! What is going on.....

Joe is shooting 42% from the field....lowest in some time.

Joe by the numbers compared to last year.

Down .6 points per game (down for the 5th straight year for a total of 7.4 points off his 06-07 average)

Down .9 assists per game (down for the 4th straight year)

Down .5 rebounds per game (down for the 2nd straight year)

42.5 % FG%. Lowest since 02-03

2.8 FT Attempts per game. Down for the 6th straight year. lowest since 03-04.

Joe is talking about Joe and should be pointing the finger at himself. 17.6 ppg on 15.8 shots is pretty average, 3.5 reb, 3.8 assists, virtually no blocks or steals making 18 million a year.

Joe should shut his pie hole.

Using the simple formula ppg/(FGA+TO). Joe's efficiency is less than 1.01 points per possession that ends with him (not counting the passing to Josh and company with 3 second left plays). Here is a list of other prominant Hawks using the same formula.

Josh - .9412

Joe - 1.0057

Teague - 1.0169

McGrady - 1.0492

Green - 1.0735

Marvin - 1.1294

Zaza - 1.1667

Al - 1.1376

If you give IsoJoe credit for 1 of Josh's bad shots a game, Joe is low man on the efficiency totem pole. Either way, Marvin, McGrady, Zaza might have a case. Ivan, Hinrich, Vlad and Pargo rank lower than Josh. Hinrich being the lowest.

Don't like that. How about PER rating.

Josh - 19.74

Joe - 16.75

Marvin - 16.34

Joe needs to point that finger at himself and say, "I need to step up", not we. Joe is making almost 50% more than any other Hawk. He's making 2.2 times more than Marvin for virtually the same per and lower efficiency with the ball. His numbers are down across the board. It isn't all Joe's fault but sometimes you just have to take a look in the mirror and say, "yep...point some blame here".

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Joe is annoyed because of all the jumpers Smoove takes. I don't fault him. I actually agree.

Nimbers, nimbers... We don't have nimbers for how many times Joe is doubled/tripled. And how many of his (or Josh's) shots are contested. I don't care. Joe has slumps, everybody knows that. Just like Josh has his hot shooting streaks from time to time.

Joe is talking about roles. I don't think Josh's role should be "gimme dat, watch me shoot it". That's Joe's role. He is the guy supposed to shoot long jumpers (and Marvin, Willie, T-Mac, Teague and Hinrich to a lesser extent). He earned that right with his play throughout his career. He proved he can shoot. We have PLENTY of shooters. And Josh shouldn't be one of them.

Joe is shooting 42% from the field....lowest in some time.

Joe by the numbers compared to last year.

Down .6 points per game (down for the 5th straight year for a total of 7.4 points off his 06-07 average)

Down .9 assists per game (down for the 4th straight year)

Down .5 rebounds per game (down for the 2nd straight year)

42.5 % FG%. Lowest since 02-03

2.8 FT Attempts per game. Down for the 6th straight year. lowest since 03-04.

Joe is talking about Joe and should be pointing the finger at himself. 17.6 ppg on 15.8 shots is pretty average, 3.5 reb, 3.8 assists, virtually no blocks or steals making 18 million a year.

Joe should shut his pie hole.

Using the simple formula ppg/(FGA+TO). Joe's efficiency is less than 1.01 points per possession that ends with him (not counting the passing to Josh and company with 3 second left plays). Here is a list of other prominant Hawks using the same formula.

Josh - .9412

Joe - 1.0057

Teague - 1.0169

McGrady - 1.0492

Green - 1.0735

Marvin - 1.1294

Zaza - 1.1667

Al - 1.1376

If you give IsoJoe credit for 1 of Josh's bad shots a game, Joe is low man on the efficiency totem pole. Either way, Marvin, McGrady, Zaza might have a case. Ivan, Hinrich, Vlad and Pargo rank lower than Josh. Hinrich being the lowest.

Don't like that. How about PER rating.

Josh - 19.74

Joe - 16.75

Marvin - 16.34

Joe needs to point that finger at himself and say, "I need to step up", not we. Joe is making almost 50% more than any other Hawk. He's making 2.2 times more than Marvin for virtually the same per and lower efficiency with the ball. His numbers are down across the board. It isn't all Joe's fault but sometimes you just have to take a look in the mirror and say, "yep...point some blame here".

It's going to be harder for Joe to score when teams are gameplanning solely on stopping him. This is where the stats don't tell the truth. Do you really think that a guy who has open looks on jumpers shouldn't be more efficient than a guy who is constantly doubled teamed to get the ball out of his hands night in and night out. This is where my frustration with Josh comes from, he constantly digs us in a hole when he can't make a jumpshot. Nobody else on the team keeps shooting when they continue to miss except Josh. He negatively effects the game with his jumpers and he won't stop. I understand where Joe is inefficient especially when he is getting the best defender on him at all times.