• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks-Knicks

benhillboy

Bad loss. What else is new. Marvin gave up the ball in the post against Lin, not once, but twice on the same possession. Teague tried to make him do something, but nothing. No points. Got a good laugh out of the Carmelo block, though. Marvin is sad. Our guards played okay I guess, scoring 34 on 50% shooting, but there just wasn't much offense to facilitate. Never been a J.R. fan, but he fits well with the Knicks. That alley was beautiful, and he should post much more than he does. Baron looked awful for most of his minutes. Landry Fields had more energy than our whole team at times. Turnovers were ugly, but the Knicks had 21 themselves. And Linsanity. One defensive possession, he helped on one guy, chased a second off a shot, faced up on a third forcing a pass, and reached in on the original postman, ultimately helping result in a missed shot and defensive rebound after 23 seconds. Forget posting a stat point for every one of his 30-something minutes less his turnovers every night, he is a very smart, opportunistic, and deceptively strong defender, not that pushing Marvin off the block twice requires much effort I guess. Opposing fans around the league are finding him impossible to root against, even while he's quietly and patiently asphyxiating their team. Steve Nash should be proud, he cleay inspired and helped create a monster with the stopping under the basket, continuous dribble through traffic, sneak-shots when defenders are looking for the pass, and 15 foot wide angle bounce passes. Difference is, Lin is a capable, 200 pound defender.

Dwight and the Magic looking forward to staying home and enjoying the All-Star Game on a high note probably. I hope we compete.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I was oddly confident about this one, but when you have a team of lethargic dunces you can't really count on anything. It took a 50 year old Stackhouse just to put some points on the board. Teague score 18, but that's about all he did. Josh was worthless Josh. We needed something from Marvin and he gave us nothing. Green continues to be the one guy who knows his strengths and consistently makes good decisions on offense.

Lin has only played in the NBA for less than a month and he already shows more smarts on the court than Josh Smith.

Well to be fair he is a Harvard graduate and as far as I know Josh doesn't have any college education, although I could be wrong about that. Not that having a college education makes you smart or that not having one makes you dumb, but there aren't many, if any dummies graduating from Harvard.

LD is not a bad coach. He really isn't but when he doesn't have the pieces, ugh. I think Casey would have been a better hire. He's really doing a great job in Toronto. I know Toronto sucks but that's personnel not his coaching. Casey might grow into a championship level coach.

I didn't watch the game and I haven't read anything in this thread, but has anyone watched ESPN's "highlights" from the game? I love how their touting Lin's defense against Teague, when in reality Teague got by him and Lin then held (aka fouled) Teague to stop him. Great D, for sure...

• Like 1

Looking over the box score again once again we shot less than 45% and lost the game. If I remember correctly we're something like 14 or 15-0 when we shoot 45% as a team. Would that extra 6% have saved us last night? Probably not, but I sure wish these guys could get it through their thick heads about moving without the ball or making the extra pass or God forbid perhaps moving without the basketball. It's pretty sad that most high school teams have better basketball fundamentals than our NBA team does.

• Like 1

I sure [wish] these guys could get it through their thick heads about moving the ball and making the extra pass or God forbid perhaps moving without the basketball. It's pretty sad that most high school teams have better basketball fundamentals than our NBA team does.

Exactly. Very well said.