• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Highlight of the New York/Atlanta game had to be

Wurider05

The Lester Connor interview after the first quarter. He was asked what we needed to do to get back in the game (or something along that line) and he stated that he had no clue. The fellas on the chat last night were hysterical. Someone along with myself even asked "who the f*** was coaching this team?". I have never heard a coach reply with an answer like that.

Funny thing is if they can LD, the ASG will probably give this clown the job.

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 1

Yeah, I had never heard that before either. He seemed very proud of his answer too. 3 highlights stood out: Marvin not being able to get a shot against Lin twice in the post, a wicked Carmelo block from behind that damn near broke the glass when Marvin thought he had an easy, and only 2, and that J.R. backwards oop was nice.

Well, at least he was being honest. If he had the solution, I'm sure he would have

already made it available to the team.

There's an old saying used around here: "A day late and a dollar short" which just about describes

what was happening to the Hawks. Just a step behind on defense and just a bit empty when it

came to energy. Couldn't get their shots to go down - - when they could get them off.

At this point, what could be done? Coaches can't ramp up the team's energy. If talking to them

would do that, it would have already happened. When the entire team goes into "sleepwalk mode"

we are aware of the results.

He could have said, we can do this or that, but could they really have done anything that mattered

at that point? Evidently not.

What would you have done? Do you have the elusive solution to this problem? If so, please share.

-----------