• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Peachtree Hoops: Al Horford Injury: Hawks Center Hopes To Begin Rehab On Wednesday

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

CHARLOTTE, NC - JANUARY 06:  Al Horford #15 of the Atlanta Hawks reacts to making a shot against the Charlotte Bobcats during their game at Time Warner Cable Arena on January 6, 2012 in Charlotte, North Carolina.  NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement.  (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)

Atlanta Hawks center Al Horford is out of a sling and is hopeful of beginning rehab on Wednesday. Horford hopes to return to action for the Hawks sometime this season.

Horford tore a pectoral muscle on January 11 against Indiana and had surgery to repair it. Recovery was estimated to take 3-4 months. Following the injury, Atlanta responded with a 9-2 stretch before losing eight of their last 12 games to end the first half. Horford had been in a sling since the surgery to let the injury heal before beginning rehab.

For more on the Atlanta Hawks check out SB Nation Atlanta, follow Jason Walker and Kris Willis, along with Peachtree Hoops on Twitter and check out the Peachtree Hoops Facebook Fan Page.

di
di

View the full article

This is excellent news! I don't know what the typical rehab time is for a torn pectoral muscle but the fact that he's starting rehab 6 weeks after the injury, when they predicted 3-4 months for recovery, seems like he might be ahead of schedule. I definitely don't want him to rush getting back into the lineup but man we sure do need him!

• Premium Member

This is excellent news! I don't know what the typical rehab time is for a torn pectoral muscle but the fact that he's starting rehab 6 weeks after the injury, when they predicted 3-4 months for recovery, seems like he might be ahead of schedule. I definitely don't want him to rush getting back into the lineup but man we sure do need him!

I really hope he doesn't rush back and I hope the Hawks don't rush him back. Even when healthy, I think we've seen the Hawks are not built to contend for a title. I think they should focus on the big picture of doing what it takes to fix this roster rather than being short sighted and risking further injury to their best big man.

• Like 2

I really hope he doesn't rush back and I hope the Hawks don't rush him back. Even when healthy, I think we've seen the Hawks are not built to contend for a title. I think they should focus on the big picture of doing what it takes to fix this roster rather than being short sighted and risking further injury to their best big man.

I agree. Rahab and stay inactive.