• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Better fit?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Who is the better fit for the Hawks....

Kaman or Bogut?

If both were and could stay healthy, I'd say Bogut, because of his ability to pass out of the post and to block shots. He'd be ideal next to Horford. In fact, it was realibly reported that Milwaukee desperately tried to move up in the draft to get Horford so they could play him alongside Bogut.

Next to Al, Horford. In general, neither.

• Premium Member

Kaman. He can score in the post. Bogut is like standing in cement. I would trade malcontent Smoove and acquire Kaman. Move Horford to the 4. Kaman and Hordford would be a good tandem and they both can run the court.

Stats are very similar

Bogut - 12.7ppg/9.3rpg - 7'-0"/260lbs - 408 games played in 6 years - average of 68 games a season

Kaman - 11.8ppg/8.3rpg - 7'-0"/265lbs - 519 games played in 8 years - average of 64 games a season.

Bogut is a better passer and shot blocker.

All things being equal I take Bogut since he is 2 years younger.

• Premium Member

Bogut is a better player by a mile but I would not give anything of significance for either as they are both way to injury prone and Kamen is on the decline.

check...

Kaman is really cheap though...some of our tradables + a first can get it.

If I could get Bogut for the same players as I could get Kaman for, I take Bogut. But if the Bucks want substantially more, I take Kaman and keep my picks. Especially in this draft which is so deep with bigs.

• Moderators

If I could get Bogut for the same players as I could get Kaman for, I take Bogut. But if the Bucks want substantially more, I take Kaman and keep my picks. Especially in this draft which is so deep with bigs.

The Bucks would require significantly more.

I wouldn't claim to be knowledgable about either of their games. Unless you watch NBA 24-7, who is? From what I think I know though, Bogut is much more skilled, Kaman a little more prone to bang. From Jaybjrd's numbers, I'd go with Bogut easily off the strength of age and average games played. I'm glad he didn't play that first round series a few years ago that went seven: he would've probably put them over the hump, but I was always interested in his game and he's impossible to catch always being hurt and playing in Milwaukee.

Edited by benhillboy

The Bucks would require significantly more.

I understand why they would want more. Two things going against Boguts value: his obvious injury history and if he puts together just one good season when it comes time to resign, he will be costly. If someone like Chandler can have one solid season and get paid, just think what Bogut would do if he did the same in his contract year.

Injury risk and big money, I think hurt Boguts trade value. Similar to Okafor a few seasons ago IMO. But do agree on this, Bogut 100% healthy is worth a lot more than Kaman.