• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is it a possibility that we won't make the playoffs?

Wurider05

I could see this definately happening. Hopefully Dwight will get traded west and orlando will fall off. And its almost a sure thing that the Knicks are going to pass us. So we are setting out selves up for a matchup with Miami or Chicago unless we are out anyways.

We should still get in tho. Milwaukee and Cleveland will have alot of ground to gain just to get the 8 seed.

If Bogut was not out, I would say the chances are 100%. Now its closer to 65/35 we make the playoffs. We will probably get the 8th seed, then its one and done. With or without Horford this current team does not get past Miami or Chicago in the first round.

No teams that are outside of the top 8 in the East right now are going to have any chance at catching the #8 spot. The Bucks and the Cavs are trendy picks, but I highly doubt that they will make the playoffs. Will we drop down to #8 without making any roster moves? It's possible, even probable, but we won't miss the playoffs.

Under the circumstances in which we lost last night, I wouldn't be surprised at all. We did well against scrubs soon after he was hurt, but we just can't survive without our leader over the long haul. Too little rebounding, too little professionalism. I was growing a little tired of his increased penchant for shooting his mid-range jumper, but I would kill to see him drain 3 straight, rip and run up and down the court, play great man defense in the post, tailor his game according to the opponent and situation, and just restore order to this team by playing like someone who has some sense and pride. That epic game he had against the Bulls last year seems so long ago.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I'm hoping that unless Horford is back before the playoffs that we fall out so that we can at least hope for a lucky break in the lottery.

I don't see anything wrong with feeling that way. As a fan, I would rather see significant long term success as oppossed to "just making the playoffs". If going to the lottery gives them a chance at that, so be it.

Under the circumstances in which we lost last night, I wouldn't be surprised at all. We did well against scrubs soon after he was hurt, but we just can't survive without our leader over the long haul. Too little rebounding, too little professionalism. I was growing a little tired of his increased penchant for shooting his mid-range jumper, but I would kill to see him drain 3 straight, rip and run up and down the court, play great man defense in the post, tailor his game according to the opponent and situation, and just restore order to this team by playing like someone who has some sense and pride. That epic game he had against the Bulls last year seems so long ago.

Well said. I agree with every bit of this.

100% of Eastern Conference 8 seeds make it to the NBA Finals in lockout seasons. Its all a part of the A$G master plan, they are just playing the odds. Who can blame them?

I don't think we miss the playoffs but I'm with Dol in hoping that we do. I'm tired of this, I really am. I've stopped posting as much because I really don't have many positive things to say and I hate to be that negative guy. Really I think I was happier when we were losing and in that rebuilding stage...it at least gave me something to look forward to, the unknown was much better to than knowing that we will make the playoffs but have no chance of really doing anything. I'm done just accepting that, its to hard to support this team like this and just be constantly let down by every possible department of the organization from the owners all the way down to the players...our owners suck, our PR department is the worst, our GM is basically a sitting duck, our coach is in over his head, and our players really couldn't care less and yet I spend my hard earned money on tickets and merchandise and waste my time watching when i could be a lot more productive doing other things with my time. I'm sick of Josh, he's been one of my fav players over the years but I can't take it anymore...Marvin is everything thats wrong with the Hawks in a nutshell, I could rant about him for hours but theres no point, we all have already heard it enough....Joe is is getting paid way to much but I don't blame him for that bc I would have taken the money as well if they offered it to me. He still actually tries he just isn't a guy thats gonna lead a team beyond the 2nd round, good guy and pretty damn good player he's just limited in what he can do but hey we're stuck with him....Teague I'm gonna hold judgement on just a lil longer but I'm growing more pessimistic by the game....Al plays within himself and comes out and gives it his all damn near every night, would I like him to be a tad more physical and play in the post a lil more, yes but he is undersized and he gives us what he's got.....the bench has been decent at times this year so I don't have much to say about them but I'm truly ready for some REAL CHANGE. People have to go, blow it up and lets get the pain out the way as quickly as possible. Sorry for the rant but in the end STILL GO HAWKS!!!!!!

Edited by jy23
  • Like 1

Guest Walter

I hope not and I hope if we aren't we do particularly poorly prior to the trade deadline. Yes, I want both a shot even a slim shot at a top 3 pick AND I want our performance to force a trade to remake this team. I want both. I may even want a coaching and GM change (ownership a given). THAT would require a catastrophic failure.

Even if Horford comes back it will be likely months before he's recovered enough to resemble the player we need to even get out of the first round as a 6th seed and even with him we aren't getting out as a 7 or 8 seed.

In the NFL, teams can change their fates much more quickly than the NBA without wholesale changes. Still, mediocrity isn't being settled for in Flowery Branch. I have NO DOUBT that the ASG will embrace mediocrity. They will state that the "Hawks have made the playoffs so many years in a row".

Something bigger than MW for Sessions needs to happen. I don't mind that deal but something bigger needs to happen.

W

Unless we get Orlando in the playoffs, its likely to be a short series. I really don't see the record being good enough to get the home court in round 1. If we are 7 or 8 I really don't like our chances. Probably even for 6. So I would be ok with not getting into the playoff if we could get a serious addition from the lottery.

I'm hoping for the best lottery pick possible. Since we have no chance to win a championship I would be thrilled with a lottery pick over the playoffs.

Even if we make the playoffs we will probably be picking between 15 - 20..........in this specific draft we should be able to get a quality NBA center in that range.

Edited by coachx