• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is Tonight JSmoove's Most Important Game as a Hawk?

frankthetank966

Tonight vs. OKC  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We can go back and forth as to whether or not J Smoove should be traded. My argument is that J Smoove has never had to carry this team on his own, as a result he hasn't been a leader. Joe Johnson has been considered to be the voice of the Hawks since he was traded to Atlanta. With Joe and Al out, Josh Smith is now the best player on the court. We saw Josh Smith take control of the game last night against the Bucks and he dominated offensively and defensively. The bench came through in the 4th, but with respect to Josh he carried the team most of the game. Last night, Josh put up Dwight Howard type numbers.

Is tonight's game against the Thunder Josh's most important game in his career? I urge you to consider that the Thunder are one of the best teams in the league, and Josh will be forced to lead this team if we have any chance of getting a W. Additionally, we will be able to see if Josh is the right fit for this team. Josh has always been able to rely on JJ or Al in big games, but tonight he has to be the leader. It will be interesting to see how he performs.

Edited by frankthetank966

• Premium Member

I vote YES, not because of the importance of the game per se, but because this might be the game which defines whether Josh should be kept in this roster or not. A very difficult game against a great team. The perfect situation for Josh to be analysed as a player and as a leader.

He had a monster game last night, and no one should even think about trading the guy if he somehow demonstrates he's willing to continue to play within himself and to his strengths. It should be clear in his head he doesn't need to shoot a lot of long jumpers to have a great game. We'll see. Games like these make me feel Josh isn't done with the team yet.

GO HAWKS!

• Premium Member

why should tonight's game matter. 8 years is enough to know that we need to trade him. In the words of the late, great Teddy Pendergrass "If you don't know me by now, then you will never ever know me"!

They don't make singers like Teddy P. anymore. One of the greats imho.

Regarding last night, yes Josh had a nice game stat wise, but for most of that, the team was down 10 to 15 points. The bench was solely responsible for putting the Hawks in a position to win the game. All that being said, I agree with you. One night does not change seven years.

Edited by Jody23

No, we know what Josh is. I think he would be better in Boston where he could come off the bench like Manu G. in SAS years ago. They can start Bradley, Allen, PP, KG, J.O. with Smoove getting starter mins off the pine. Besides we need Rondo more than we need Smoove but we need Smoove too but oh well.