• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Smith for Rondo, Nash or Ellis?

Admin

Hard to imagine being okay with either of these due to the play of Teague and Nash's age so we'd have to move Teague in a deal that gets us a quality player at another position, probably PF, to make a Smith for PG trade work.

http://hoopshype.com...g/atlanta_hawks

1. Rajon Rondo, G, Celtics. I know the Celtics are saying Rondo isn't going anywhere. But there are two problems with that. (1) It doesn't jibe with what a number of NBA GMs are saying based on conversations they've had with Celtics president Danny Ainge. (2) Ainge isn't stupid. He doesn't want to trade Rondo, but Rondo is the best chip he has to play right now. If Ainge waits and does nothing, the Celtics will be a middling lottery team without much hope next season -- in the same spot where Ainge inherited them a few years ago. He doesn't want to go back there. If he can get two pieces back for Rondo, I think he'll do it. Atlanta, Portland and Indiana are interesting destinations if they are willing to pay. ESPN.com

2. Josh Smith, F, Hawks. Again, I know what the Hawks are saying. "We're not shopping anyone ... yada, yada, yada." The truth is, Rick Sund has been exploring possible Josh Smith deals for the past few years. If he could get a legit point guard and a credible forward to replace Smith, he'd do it. If the Celtics would offer Rondo, I think they'd have a deal. Ditto if the Suns would offer Steve Nash. ESPN.com

4. Monta Ellis, G, Warriors: Ellis is a dynamic scorer, but it just isn't working in Golden State and probably never will as long as Ellis and Stephen Curry are in the backcourt together. The Warriors really need a big man, which makes a deal tough because most GMs aren't willing to trade big for small. But if the Warriors would be willing to take back Amare Stoudemire from the Knicks or if the Hawks were willing to swap Smith for Ellis, I think there's a deal to be had. ESPN.com

Steve Nash no thankyou... Hes only got a couple years left, yeah he is having his best shooting% of his career, but have you ever seen him play defense.. its AWFUL!

Im all for Rondo but i dont see it happening.

What is the deal with all these jurassic trade for Josh - Nash, KG, Ray Allen. I wouldn' trade all 3 of them for Josh. Get me somebody young, like Rondo.

I don't know if we'll be able to get a young and equally talented player so we'll either have to get young and lesser talented or older and equally talented ... or flawed in some way(s), like a Monta Ellis.

Don't want Monta, I would only take Nash if we can hold unto Teague, I'll take Rondo.

For me with Nash you'd have to get back Gortat as well and then I'd be willing to give them Teague and Hinrich, although I'd hate it, but he'd be pointless to have in addition to Nash. Plus Nash would have to sign an extension.

Rondo would absolutely be my 1st, 2nd and 3rd option.

Rondo would greatly improve our team. Like others have said, we would need to include PGs into the deal because we cant have Pargo, Teague, Hinrich, Rondo, and Willie green playing all at the same time ( this isnt the WNBA)

I would take Nash if I thought he was going to stay, but that's not worth it.

Rondo I would consider, but a straight deal doesn't work either. Leaves both teams needing to make at least another deal. But if we kept it just the two of us, maybe something like this:

Rondo, Garnett for Teague, Smith, Marvin, Hinrich

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=756ux2x

Not sure if any picks would need to be included. Boston would get a lot younger, but they'd still have their Center problem. We'd shed some major salary with Garnett's 21 this year and we'd still be competitive. We'd maybe have to start the following for a run this year:

Rondo/Pargo

Joe/Willie

Vlad/McGrady

Garnett/Ivan

Zaza/Dampier or Collins or Horford whoever is healthy

But we'd be getting older this year, so if we had to include picks too, that wouldn't make it a good deal anymore. We'd only have Rondo, Joe, Zaza and Al under contract going into next year and that's already something like $46 million on the books. And we'd have to replace our starting PF assuming Garnett is done/left.

Sorry, went way into fantasy land there for a second. But I'm definitely interested in Rondo.

Edited by MrNique

• Admin

I would not trade for Monta...he is the most overrated player in the league. I love the idea of Rondo, ... the thought of a package of Nash/Gortat would be amazing too but the way Gortat has been playing ... I have a feeling it will cost us too much to get him.

RONDO!!!!! No one hates Ellis more than I and his coaches do. Nash is an offensive phenomenon, but he'd set our defense back to before basketball was even invented. We've all seen Al's penchant for early foul trouble sometimes. The blow-bys Nash gives up would kill him.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

RONDO!!!!! No one hates Ellis more than I and his coaches do. Nash is an offensive phenomenon, but he'd set our defense back to before basketball was even invented.

I think we should all petition the Hawks to acquire players that you really hate. That would be hilarious!

Why the hell would you want to trade A YOUNG ATHLETIC FREAK JOSH SMITH for an old steve nash who CANT PLAY DEFENSE WORTH A FLIP. You all say if we lose Josh we would lose to much on defense, and you want to trade him for a NO DEFENSE PG!

Thats insane.

Anyone of you Smith fans consider, for even a second, that a GREAT (and that's what Nash is) PG makes EVERYONE on the team better? So yeah we lose something with Smith's defense, but Nash is far superior offensively and he'll improve the offense of every player on our team and get us out and running the way we should be.

Now, I don't want to trade Smith for Nash straight up, but if we can an upgrade at another position like center at the same time then hell yes I'd consider it. And for those of you who aren't aware, Gortat is every bit the defender as a natural center that Smith is. To me Gortat would be the piece that would have to come with Nash unless we're getting Kaman or another center from another team to make the deal work though.

Anyone of you Smith fans consider, for even a second, that a GREAT (and that's what Nash is) PG makes EVERYONE on the team better? So yeah we lose something with Smith's defense, but Nash is far superior offensively and he'll improve the offense of every player on our team and get us out and running the way we should be.

Now, I don't want to trade Smith for Nash straight up, but if we can an upgrade at another position like center at the same time then hell yes I'd consider it. And for those of you who aren't aware, Gortat is every bit the defender as a natural center that Smith is. To me Gortat would be the piece that would have to come with Nash unless we're getting Kaman or another center from another team to make the deal work though.

If they would give us Gortat also, then I would be 100% down with the trade. I just dont want to give a young Josh Smith for an aging Nash. I agree he can makes the team flow better but we need more than just Nash. If it were to go down, maybe they would throw their lottery pick in?

If they would give us Gortat also, then I would be 100% down with the trade. I just dont want to give a young Josh Smith for an aging Nash. I agree he can makes the team flow better but we need more than just Nash. If it were to go down, maybe they would throw their lottery pick in?

I know one thing if I'm Atlanta I'm not giving Phoenix any more 1st round picks! I'm not going to do a Smith for Nash straight up trade unless Smith is really saying that he wants out as I can't imagine what a disgruntled Smith would be like. Otherwise we'd have to get something else in return and I'd try and make that Teague on our end and Gortat on theirs. That's really about as fair of a trade as we could do, although I'd probably offer to give them Hinrich and take back one of their longer term bad contracts to sweeten the deal.