• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jason Walker audio talking about Josh Smith

thecampster

http://www.macon.com...-interview.html

Good stuff - explains everything from stats for Hawks player compared to a team that gets more possessions.

Starts out saying there are people in the locker room that don't support him.....Joe or Al....it's one of the 2.

Edit - adding direct MP3 link for those browsing on a mobile phone that doesn't support Flash

<a href="http://acp77987.vmixcore.com/core-dl/71/0/7/1138085481/1771/71/1351/540f34f9ee7ff2f37889e60aa255ebe1.mp3">Direct MP3 Link Click Here</a>

Edited by Dolfan23
Added direct MP3 link
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

The usual great stuff from Jason. I wonder how much better all of our guys numbers would look if we ran even at an average pace instead of this very, very slow pace we have ran since Woody came to town and Drew continues.

• Premium Member

Please stop booing when Josh gets the ball on the perimeter. You know who you are.

• Premium Member

The usual great stuff from Jason. I wonder how much better all of our guys numbers would look if we ran even at an average pace instead of this very, very slow pace we have ran since Woody came to town and Drew continues.

I

If we're going to have 21 turnovers anyway, we may as well run.

What would the number of turnovers be if we ran at a faster pace though? And with us having the oldest bench in the league I'm not sure that we'd be able to sustain that very long. Not to mention that it's difficult to run at a high pace when you've got your PF trying to bring the ball up the court so Josh needs to take a long look at himself there before he complains about the pace, if he's actually complained about it.

• Premium Member

What would the number of turnovers be if we ran at a faster pace though? And with us having the oldest bench in the league I'm not sure that we'd be able to sustain that very long. Not to mention that it's difficult to run at a high pace when you've got your PF trying to bring the ball up the court so Josh needs to take a long look at himself there before he complains about the pace, if he's actually complained about it.

The only thing holding us back from a better pace is the coaching fear of putting the ball in the hands of Teague and the still need to run a slow half court offense to give Joe and Josh plenty of time to waste dribbling around the perimeter before they take jump shots. As for the age of the bench, look at Phoenix. They lead the league in scoring and pace almost every season for the last several seasons and they have had one of the oldest teams in the leagues while doing it.

A change in coaching and a likely change at point guard would help fix that problem.