• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

NBA Trade Value Part 1

Mutombolievable

Not a bad read. I wonder how many of these scenarios were true...if any.

48. Josh Smith

The original JWOWW needs a new team, new fans and a creative point guard who understands his fundamental need to slam home alley-oops with the sustained fury of a pregnant Jessica Simpson housing a box of doughnuts. Did you know the Hawks are paying $46 million to three guys next year (Smith, Al Horford and Joe Johnson)? See where I'm going with this? TRADE!!!!!!!!!

Only one problem: Josh Smith trades never seem to work. Who says no to Smith for Brook Lopez and Memo Okur's Expiring Deal? (Answer: The Hawks.) Who says no to Pau Gasol for Josh Smith, Tracy McGrady and Kirk Hinrich? (Answer: The Lakers.) Who says no to Atlanta saving $20 million next season by dealing Smith and Marvin Williams to Cleveland for Antawn Jamison's expiring contract? (Answer: The Hawks. But they definitely had a two-hour meeting about it.) What about the same Smith/Williams package for KG's expiring deal? (Answer: Probably Boston … if only because Danny Ainge took a designer drug that makes him think he can sign Dwight Howard this summer.) Who says no to a "Derrick Williams and the Anthony Randolph/Anthony Tolliver expirings for Josh Smith" swap? (Answer: Minnesota. But you know who says yes? YouTube!!! Rubio teamed up with Josh Smith????) There's never been a player thrown into more failed Trade Machine deals than Josh Smith.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7664492/nba-trade-value-part-1

I would say no to Memet and Brooks. Brooks is good but is not a game changer. A level headed is a game changer.

Brook Lopez, not Marshon Brooks. Brook Lopez is an All-Star caliber 7' legit young center with offensive skills in the post and shot blocking ability. His only question mark is health but I'd absolutely take the chance on him. Memo is jut an expiring contract but he'd be a quality backup for the remainder of the year.

• Premium Member

Brook Lopez, not Marshon Brooks. Brook Lopez is an All-Star caliber 7' legit young center with offensive skills in the post and shot blocking ability. His only question mark is health but I'd absolutely take the chance on him. Memo is jut an expiring contract but he'd be a quality backup for the remainder of the year.

I have to agree with you. If the Hawks said no to that, they should be deemed legally dumb. That's insane.

Lopez and Horford would be sick. We'd have to change our style of play to a more even paced game with a good number of set plays since would couldn't rely on Smoove's freakish athletics.

Dolfan, your avatar almost makes me want to become a Dolphins fan... almost.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If that offer really happened, then it screams the possible confirmation of many other things...

1. Smoove is intent on leaving and will not recruit Dwight to play in the ATL because neither player wants to play here period.

2. New Jersey knows it has competition for Dwight in Dallas. But, they would seal the deal if they got Smoove. Howard would most definitely pick Jersey and Deron would also.

If the Hawks have a suitor in New Jersey for Smoove, Lopez is a good get and I have a hard time seeing the Hawks getting a better deal unless they've got an ace up their collective sleeve (doubt it).

This is one of the first deals for Smith I'd consider. Not sure I agree but I'd be tempted.

Mike Bibby is a better rebounder than Brook (3.6 RPG a game). I rather have Al Jefferson

I don't know what's going on this year in NJ but his injuries have clearly had an effect on him. Even with his extremely low number this year counting against his average, he's still averaging 7.5 RPG for his career. On the other hand Josh Smith's career year this year has his career average up to 7.9 RPG.

I'd rather have Al Jefferson as well but as far as I know he's not an option.