• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Get us a PG! It's not JJ fault!

Brotha2ThaNite

You believe last nights loss was JJ's fault?

Didn't say that. Didn't not say that, but didn't say that. I saw numerous reasons last night but blaming Teague and Smith for last night's loss is hardly fair. I saw numerous missed open 3's by Marvin. I saw Zaza benched far too long. I saw JJ timid on the drive except for a couple of drives. I saw us holding the ball a really long time again. Last night we had 81 possessions. The previous 3 games we averaged 96.3 possessions. Insert JJ, 15 less possessions for the game. Yes, I can blame JJ for killing the offense.

Didn't say that. Didn't not say that, but didn't say that. I saw numerous reasons last night but blaming Teague and Smith for last night's loss is hardly fair. I saw numerous missed open 3's by Marvin. I saw Zaza benched far too long. I saw JJ timid on the drive except for a couple of drives. I saw us holding the ball a really long time again. Last night we had 81 possessions. The previous 3 games we averaged 96.3 possessions. Insert JJ, 15 less possessions for the game. Yes, I can blame JJ for killing the offense.

Gotcha ... well I certainly don't blame any one player for the loss last night as there were plenty of mistakes and missed opportunities to go around. Interesting stat concerning the possessions. How many possessions do we typically average and what's our average been without JJ?

Gotcha ... well I certainly don't blame any one player for the loss last night as there were plenty of mistakes and missed opportunities to go around. Interesting stat concerning the possessions. How many possessions do we typically average and what's our average been without JJ?

With JJ, 93.5 possessions a game for the year. Without JJ, 6 games. 100 possessions per game. So a modest 6.5 possession difference for the year. However, we do turn the ball over more.

For the year, the Hawks score 93.1 ppg, give up 91.4. In JJ's absence, 91.4 and 91.0.

This is very telling. Although the Hawks are 1.7 ppg worse with JJ out of the lineup, they have been .4 ppg better on Defense despite the more possessions. The net difference our 18 million dollar 6 time all-star nets is 1.3 ppg. Do you really consider that good value? In those 6 games without JJ FYI, we played Miami, Indiana, OKC and Orlando...4 solid playoff teams, 2 of the 3 best teams in the NBA so the numbers would obviously be skewed with the small sample.

With JJ, 93.5 possessions a game for the year. Without JJ, 6 games. 100 possessions per game. So a modest 6.5 possession difference for the year. However, we do turn the ball over more.

For the year, the Hawks score 93.1 ppg, give up 91.4. In JJ's absence, 91.4 and 91.0.

This is very telling. Although the Hawks are 1.7 ppg worse with JJ out of the lineup, they have been .4 ppg better on Defense despite the more possessions. The net difference our 18 million dollar 6 time all-star nets is 1.3 ppg. Do you really consider that good value? In those 6 games without JJ FYI, we played Miami, Indiana, OKC and Orlando...4 solid playoff teams, 2 of the 3 best teams in the NBA so the numbers would obviously be skewed with the small sample.

That is very interesting and thank you for taking the time to look those numbers up. There is little doubt that we're not getting our moneys worth out of JJ and I'm praying that if we do trade for Dwight that we're sending JJ with Horford and get back Reddick or JRich as a much more affordable SG option.

• Premium Member

That game was obviously on LD, but I, for one, don't want to see Teague laying any more eggs from now on. He's our starter PG, for God's sake. He shoots 40% (more than that actually) from three. Thay play showed his lack of confidence and he should be called out for that, Grow up, Teague!

About the possessions... the Hawks has 15 fewer possessions for the game, but I believe the oposing team had fewer posessions as well? We just play it different with JJ on the court. No biggie.

One should mention that AGAIN we lost this game @ the FT stripe. 4 missed FTs in the 4th only, IIRC.

Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Premium Member

Yup, that is very telling... Very telling of the hatred you feel for JJ, my friend. With JJ, Hawks are +1.7. Without JJ, +0.4. The team is better with JJ, period. Regardless if you feel his numbers should be better. Who's to say we would be any better with another player at the 2?

Just think about what could be if JJ shot half of the jumpers Josh takes a game. I'm fairly certain JJ's numbers would be way better. The way I see it. it's NOT JJ's fault.

• Premium Member

Does it not bother anyone else that we still have not had a real franchise point guard since Mookie was traded? Just think about that and let it marinate. We blame Joe or Josh or Al or whoever but the most important position on our team has been handled by has beens, career backups or young guys who aren't panning out or never panned out. Get us a freaking point guard!

Does it not bother anyone else that we still have not had a real franchise point guard since Mookie was traded? Just think about that and let it marinate. We blame Joe or Josh or Al or whoever but the most important position on our team has been handled by has beens, career backups or young guys who aren't panning out or never panned out. Get us a freaking point guard!

It's definitely been a long while that's for sure. Reminds me of the Dolphins search for a QB post-Marino that is still ongoing.

But i feel like Teague will be that guy, we just need to be patient with him. He's shown flashes of being an excellent player and even some good vision lately. I just hope that we don't give up on him.

Labeling a person or statement as "Hater" is just a way to attack the person or statement without actually dealing with the statement.

Attacking the logic, validity or proposing a counter view is a much more intelligent approach.

Of course, if someone says JJ stinks without giving any reasons, it appears to be emtionally motivated. They probably could propose some reasons to back up their statement. In either case, some people will label them a HATER. Calling someone a Hater in no way addresses the argument they are proposing.

I think that Teague's passivity is due to multipule things;

AGE / EXPERIENCE: Most people in most situations are asked to differ to older more experienced people.

COACHING: He is being told to improve his distibution and to attack. Attacking is getting tougher and distribution is not his strength.

PEER PRESSURE: Josh and JJ's leadership definatly is affecting Teagues' confidense.

TALENT: How good is he really?

COACHING (again): Good coaching is the solution to all of these problems. Coach well and any player that can't play team ball is outta here. Coach poorly and you get Animal Farm. Even helps with inferiour talent.

Good coaching makes it all work with what it has.

Yup, that is very telling... Very telling of the hatred you feel for JJ, my friend. With JJ, Hawks are +1.7. Without JJ, +0.4. The team is better with JJ, period. Regardless if you feel his numbers should be better. Who's to say we would be any better with another player at the 2?

Just think about what could be if JJ shot half of the jumpers Josh takes a game. I'm fairly certain JJ's numbers would be way better. The way I see it. it's NOT JJ's fault.

So you feel the 1.3 point net difference and against worse competition is worth 18 million a year. If that's hate, call me a hater then.