• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hoopsworld's Steve Kyler twitters that Smoove could be NJ-bound today

sturt

We need a real PG, like Steve Nash, Gordan Dragic. O.J. Mayo been balling of late. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Actually Smith isn't that much better than Humphries. Smoove is a better player but Humphries hasn't taken not one 3pt shot this season and is consistent.

Naw, Josh is a much better player than Hump. Hump is worst than David Lee and Lee isn't close to Smith in terms of talent.

You think a future 1st and Teague is enough for Houston to trade Dragic or Memphis to trade Mayo.

• Admin

Josh will retire a Hawk. Deal with it guys! There's a better chance of our precious JJ retiring before his contract is up.

If he's traded I'll send every logged on member (as of 3pm est within a 15min window) $2 cash money.

Josh wants out...he will walk next season when his contract is up. His value is probably at its highest right now after his recent play. This is the time to get some real value for him.

That or Lopez and a pick or Humphries and a pick....but not Humphries straight up for Josh

Lopez at min for any deal.

• Premium Member

Actually Smith isn't that much better than Humphries. Smoove is a better player but Humphries hasn't taken not one 3pt shot this season and is consistent.

what???? You do know Josh is averaging about 1 3pt attempt a game? Why would that be a reason to trade him?

• Premium Member

Sorry to get you going boys... more evidence that it is too easy to read more into these things than is actually there... see this:

RT @ElevateBaseball: Josh Smith... "looks possible today"... care to elaborate?... what's the scoop? --> he wants out & ATL seems open to it

What the... ?

What a pathetically lazy choice of words on his part.

Edited by sturt

Hump no trade clause might make it hard to do this. We should do a three way deal.

Memphis gets: 1st and Morrow

Atlanta gets: O.J. Mayo and Brook Lopez

NJ gets: Josh Smith.

Mayo

Joe

Marvin

Horford

Lopez

We can contend. We probably won't win it all since only Mayo can be a #1 option out of these choices.

NJ would be tough

Deron

Brooks

Smith

Hump

D12

• Premium Member

Josh wants out...he will walk next season when his contract is up. His value is probably at its highest right now after his recent play. This is the time to get some real value for him.

If he wants out I say let him walk then build this thing through the lottery. Trading Josh would only anger a large portion of the fanbase.

what???? You do know Josh is averaging about 1 3pt attempt a game? Why would that be a reason to trade him?

He has picked up his pace a lot over these last two months...

13 games in February he took 20

6 games so far in March he has taken 17

That is 37 in his last 19 games. And even with our main perimeter player back in JJ, he has taken 11 over his last 3 games.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member
And I would sell New Jersey on the fact that Dwight would be a lock if they landed Smoove, which I think is true.

ding ding ding!!!

Josh is hot property and every GM knows it. Too bad we Hawks fans don't understand that our pipeline to D12 runs through Josh.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

And I would sell New Jersey on the fact that Dwight would be a lock if they landed Smoove, which I think is true.

They already offer Brook and we declined. They probably offering Hump now or a 1st rounder.

• Admin

Lopez/Hump would be a great get for us. It balances us out and gives us some depth when Al comes back.

I have watched him play many times and Mayo is not a point guard and he can't guard them. Mayo would be great 6th man for us though as he provides us with some instant offense but he is a decent ball handler he he doesn't have very good pg instincts and he is not a good passer and he looks for his shot first anyway. He is a below avg defender too.

They already offer Brook and we declined. They probably offering Hump now or a 1st rounder.

It would be both Hump/Brook to allow it to work under the salary cap.

ding ding ding!!!

Josh is hot property and every GM knows it. Too bad we Hawks fans don't understand that our pipeline to D12 runs through Josh.

You need to tell D12 that cause last anyone reported he has not put us on his all important trade list. So much for being Dwight's best friend and it actually getting you somewhere :)

Lopez/Hump would be a great get for us. It balances us out and gives us some depth when Al comes back.

I have watched him play many times and Mayo is not a point guard and he can't guard them. Mayo would be great 6th man for us though as he provides us with some instant offense but he is a decent ball handler he he doesn't have very good pg instincts and he is not a good passer and he looks for his shot first anyway. He is a below avg defender too.

It would be both Hump/Brook to allow it to work under the salary cap.

22 pts and 8 ast last night. Mayo is ball dominate like Lin. Just give him a chance. I promise he's worth it.

Fellas, fellas, fellas.

Josh has a trade kicker.

He is an expiring next year, meaning he needs to be resigned and the way he is playing right now he is a near max contract in a bad CBA.

Trading him away now without = value in return means tanking the season but you have too many wins currently to go into the lottery.

There is no "founded" information that he wants to go or will go (although ESPN speculated he was going west coast before Thursday).

There are 3 days left till the deadline. Relax and see what shakes with Dwight.

Information 2.

Orlando has played their way into the 3rd seed. Dwight isn't going anywhere without equal and current value in return. They are borderline contenders this year.

22 pts and 8 ast last night. Mayo is ball dominate like Lin. Just give him a chance. I promise he's worth it.

You mean ball dominant as in Jamal Crawford. I would not trade Smoove for a younger version of Jamal. No thankyou

'Josh is better than Lopez, Lopez is more consistent when healthy. Lopez isn't a real center either. He just got the size to play it.

:ahf:

We need a real PG, like Steve Nash, Gordan Dragic. O.J. Mayo been balling of late. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Naw, Josh is a much better player than Hump. Hump is worst than David Lee and Lee isn't close to Smith in terms of talent.

You think a future 1st and Teague is enough for Houston to trade Dragic or Memphis to trade Mayo.

:ahf:

:tumbleweed: