• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hoopsworld's Steve Kyler twitters that Smoove could be NJ-bound today

sturt

He's an oversized PF, VC even said it many years ago. He doesn't have the mentality to play center. Horford has more of a center mentality than Lopez and he doesn't have much of one at all. If you want to be soft, go play PF. Name one legit center that's soft?

Hakeem was never a banger and he's a HOF center. David Robinson was never a banger and he's a HOF center.

Hakeem was never a banger and he's a HOF center. David Robinson was never a banger and he's a HOF center.

Hakeem averaged over 11 rebounds a game for his career

Robinson averaged 10.6.

Both averaged right around 3 blocks per game.

Both operated almost exclusively in the post.

Perhaps you should qualify what you call a banger?

• Like 1

Hakeem averaged over 11 rebounds a game for his career

Robinson averaged 10.6.

Both averaged right around 3 blocks per game.

Both operated almost exclusively in the post.

Perhaps you should qualify what you call a banger?

That's not my defnition, that's his. Those guys weren't "bangers", which I'm assuming Sup means guys like Shaq and Dwight. Hakeem and DRob were finesse types who relied on superior athleticism and excellent fundamentals to do what they did. But they weren't going to physically push people around, which is what I'd consider a banger to be.

Zaza can't bang and no one will call him soft Dol. Soft is a mentality of playing weak and not like a center. Center will take years off your career. It's dirty down there. He was a PF in HS and college.

I'm sorry, but we're no where near the same with Lopez. Replace Josh with Lopez,and to me, that means we're tanking.

That's like here you go Nets. Take Josh & then go for Dwight. Let's help yall build a dynasty while we're not helping ourselves get out of the 2nd round.

Edited by AHawks89

Zaza can't bang and no one will call him soft Dol. Soft is a mentality of playing weak and not like a center. Center will take years off your career. It's dirty down there. He was a PF in HS and college.

Zaza can't bang? I'm getting close to my :ahf: quota for the week already today. Zaza is the very definition of a banger Sup.

That's not my defnition, that's his. Those guys weren't "bangers", which I'm assuming Sup means guys like Shaq and Dwight. Hakeem and DRob were finesse types who relied on superior athleticism and excellent fundamentals to do what they did. But they weren't going to physically push people around, which is what I'd consider a banger to be.

Don't forget Kareem. He was a finesse player even with his size.

I'm sorry, but we're no where near the same with Lopez. Replace Josh with Lopez,and to me, that means we're tanking.

Replace Josh with a center who's averaged 19 and 9 with nearly 2 blocks plus 2.5 assists and 81% FT shooting and we're tanking? Ohhh kkkay.

Don't forget Kareem. He was a finesse player even with his size.

Yep he's another non-banger who was a HOF center.

Zaza can't bang? I'm getting close to my picard.gif quota for the week already today. Zaza is the very definition of a banger Sup.

He can't, he flops, loses the ball, and draws offensive fouls. To be a banger, you got to actually be effective at it. Not just attempt them. Is Josh Smith a three pt shooter?

Hakeem had a center mentality.

Lopez is soft.

Replace Josh with a center who's averaged 19 and 9 with nearly 2 blocks plus 2.5 assists and 81% FT shooting and we're tanking? Ohhh kkkay.

Yep he's another non-banger who was a HOF center.

One can never underestimate the value of having 57% FT shooters.

I don't even know why I am discussing this. It's common knowledge Lopez is soft just like Smoove is a tweener.

He can't, he flops, loses the ball, and draws offensive fouls. To be a banger, you got to actually be effective at it. Not just attempt them. Is Josh Smith a three pt shooter?

Do you think fire = water? See I can come up with off the wall remarks too.

You think that a center with Zaza's limited athleticism (sorry Colin but it's true) can nearly average a double-double without being a banger? And do you think Zaza gets a reputation for being extremely physical without being a banger?

Hakeem had a center mentality.

Lopez is soft.

Smith is soft too. He ain't lookin' for contact.

Smith is soft too. He ain't lookin' for contact.

Smith isn't a center.

I don't even know why I am discussing this. It's common knowledge Lopez is soft just like Smoove is a tweener.

As it's common knowledge to that you're against any moves that actually are realistic and make us better but for moves that are not realistic or bring in over the hill has beens. C'mon really? By your definition there are about 2 or 3 "true centers" in the league. If that's all there are, every team can't get their hands on one. I'd be curious to see your list of these mythical creatures called "true centers". I'm guessing, Dwight Howard, Bynum, and.................

Smith isn't a center.

No, he's supposed to be a PF. And your point is...? Bigs are bigs. If a guy can rebound, he can rebound. If he can block shots, he can block shots. If he has a low post game, he has a low post game. Regardless of whether he's a "banger" or a "finesse" player.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

My take in all of this is

1. Im not sure the Nets would agree to a trade with the Hawks involving Lopez for Smith. It seems to me that Lopez is a legit scoring 7-0 with a centers frame. Remember Bill Cartwright?

2. If the Nets thought (and I believe this) that Dwight and Josh want to play together and getting Dwight was a guarantee with this trade, yep the Nets do it.

3. Im not sure the ASG or Sund have the ability to pull off a major deal.

Edited by Vol4ever

Drew Gooden and Jon Leuer is kicking his tail in on the other end.