• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hoopsworld's Steve Kyler twitters that Smoove could be NJ-bound today

sturt

If it's Humphries I'd be pissed unless we're getting Marshon with him. Humphries is a hustle player and he's decent at it, but I want someone with some legit talent if we're trading Smoove.

Humphries has a 1 year Bird rule trade restriction until July 1 as well, perhaps HF or Mace can explain that to the crowd.

Who is this guy? Never heard of him, but I bet he will get this whole board riled up about nothing.

Steve Kyler is the Editor and Publisher of HOOPSWORLD covering the NBA and basketball

Josh Smith to the Nets?Would they be willing to trade Humphries? <--- Humph can void any trade because of his 1 year deal.

Looks like this is just guessing here:

Steve Kyler@stevekylerNBA

RT @hmacmill: If he goes to Nets as a FA, why would the Nets do a S&T? ---> room for a third star level player.

image_normal.jpg Hugh Mac Millan@hmacmill

@stevekylerNBA like who? Josh Smith?

Hide conversation

11:51 AM - 12 Mar 12 via web · Details

Lopez is every bit as good as Josh although he's not as versatile but he's a center so that alone gives more value. Plus Josh clearly wants out and nobody is going to give us more than Lopez for him.

Disagree, to say Josh clearly wants out is an assumption. He may want Joe out. He is tired of being the goat and not receiving credit for doing a good job. Lastly, he says he wants to contend. Build a championship contender here and Josh will be happy.

Disagree, to say Josh clearly wants out is an assumption. He may want Joe out. He is tired of being the goat and not receiving credit for doing a good job. Lastly, he says he wants to contend. Build a championship contender here and Josh will be happy.

No it's not an assumption. Josh did not deny reports that he wants out, he just took the easy "well whatever happens, happens" response. If he didn't want out he would have flat out said that he doesn't want out and wants to remain in Atlanta.

If it's Humphries I'd be pissed unless we're getting Marshon with him. Humphries is a hustle player and he's decent at it, but I want someone with some legit talent if we're trading Smoove.

Humphries has a 1 year Bird rule trade restriction until July 1 as well, perhaps HF or Mace can explain that to the crowd.

He was signed to a 1 year deal so he has to approve of a trade. I forget if it affects whether or not the team trading for him would get those rights themselves if they wanted an extension or not though.

He was signed to a 1 year deal so he has to approve of a trade. I forget if it affects whether or not the team trading for him would get those rights themselves if they wanted an extension or not though.

If you want to be a resident capologist you need to know these things, no forgetting.

• Premium Member

I would take Lopez over Humphries in this deal. It is begining to look like D12 will stay put until the end of the year. I think the Hawks, Bulls, and Lakers have made their pitches and either Orlando bites or they stand pat. If the Heat wass to end up with D12 (which would rock the foundations of the NBA) the NBA would have a riot on there hands with each franchise!

I think this is twitter thing is just a guess also. If we get their 1st round pick I can understand it, but if not it will look like all we could get for a disgruntled Smoove is a less talented small PF.

If this is for anyone outside of Lopez or Deron, I am done with this franchise.

• Premium Member

Josh will retire a Hawk. Deal with it guys! There's a better chance of our precious JJ retiring before his contract is up.

If he's traded I'll send every logged on member (as of 3pm est within a 15min window) $2 cash money.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Lopez is every bit as good as Josh although he's not as versatile but he's a center so that alone gives more value. Plus Josh clearly wants out and nobody is going to give us more than Lopez for him.

'Josh is better than Lopez, Lopez is more consistent when healthy. Lopez isn't a real center either. He just got the size to play it. Edited by nbasuperstar40

We need to get Steve Nash or a real PG and we will be straight.

Real PG

Joe

Marvin

Horf

Lopez

6th man: Hump

Get Gerald Green as well.

Trade Marvin for Melo lol.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1166834&p=30785214

Hump has a no trade clause.

• Premium Member

People always forget these players are available for a reason. Usually it's because their current team doesn't want them. Remember Josh is the commodity here not any NJ castoff not named Deron Williams.

Edited by NineOhTheRino