• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: "Blockbuster" trade involving the Magic, Warriors and Hornets

Admin

I would just like to go on record as saying 5 days before it happened, I called the Shareef trade. Everyone called me bogus but I just stated it made sense for all parties. When it happened the board was like, "DUDE, NAILED IT!"

That's so long ago that your name was napster! So that doesn't count.

I was just teasing you 'Supe and it has nothing to do with this particular rumor but one of these days you're going to have to hit on something. Even Bucher has gotten one or two things right in his career...grin.gif

I just say this because I knew a guy myself that worked in a department that had nothing to do with basketball operations at all for MSG but he'd tell everyone he met and on message boards he would go on that he worked for the Knicks and was privy to top secret ish. He really got a kick out of pretending to be an apprentice GM having people ask him in bars whats the scoop and people on the blogs awaiting his return so they could pump him for information even though the most he could ever know was whether Creflo Dollar would be needing an extra towel in his dressing room rather than if they were trading for Lebron.

I was just teasing you 'Supe and it has nothing to do with this particular rumor but one of these days you're going to have to hit on something. Even Bucher has gotten one or two things right in his career...grin.gif

I just say this because I knew a guy myself that worked in a department that had nothing to do with basketball operations at all for MSG but he'd tell everyone he met and on message boards he would go on that he worked for the Knicks and was privy to top secret ish. He really got a kick out of pretending to be an apprentice GM having people ask him in bars whats the scoop and people on the blogs awaiting his return so they could pump him for information even though the most he could ever know was whether Creflo Dollar would be needing an extra towel in his dressing room rather than if they were trading for Lebron.

How else could you know a guy if not yourself? man_in_love.gif

What? Is the proper grammatical phrase "personally", "I knew of a guy personally"? Sorry, I thought "I knew of something something myself" was colloguially accepted.

WAITAMINUTE! Lemme see your grammar nazi credentials before I explain myself to you magnifier.gif

What? Is the proper grammatical phrase "personally", "I knew of a guy personally"? Sorry, I thought "I knew of something something myself" was colloguially accepted.

WAITAMINUTE! Lemme see your grammar nazi credentials before I explain myself to you magnifier.gif

I prefer grammar Nazr thank you.

If a Bosh for Dwight trade goes down... I'm giving up the NBA.

I hear ya! It really doesn't make sense though that Dwight said he wants to be on a team where he's the #1 dog and no disrespect towards Dwight but he won't even be the #2 dog in Miami as long as Lebron and Wade are there.

This reeks of last year when the Magic got desperate and blew up a pretty good team to try and make Dwight happy. Too early to say whether this will be a good deal or not since it's not fully fleshed out but it seems desperate to me.

Magic are proof that making trades is not always a good idea. M ght be worth remembering if nothing happens this week.

• Moderators

Jay Walker is the 'inside source' that I have seen on the Hawks were things happened that he got from his source(s). It was a shame when the team got upset with his reporting on draft pick workouts.

Jay Walker is the 'inside source' that I have seen on the Hawks were things happened that he got from his source(s). It was a shame when the team got upset with his reporting on draft pick workouts.

They were upset because they thought everyone would suddenly want "The Landlord" if they knew the Hawks had him in for a work out?....LOL

That's so long ago that your name was napster! So that doesn't count.

Okay so how about something more recent.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/362701-merged-new-york-knicks-pursuing-jamal-crawford-maybe-st/page__st__75

Read the last page....Nostradamus like....scary...ooooohhhhhhh!!!!...okay so it happened a year early but you get the idea. Josh is now more valuable than Joe. Joe is aging right before our eyes. See, I must have psychic, mind altering abilities, I was right twice in one decade.

Okay so how about something more recent.

http://hawksquawk.ne...st/page__st__75

Read the last page....Nostradamus like....scary...ooooohhhhhhh!!!!...okay so it happened a year early but you get the idea. Josh is now more valuable than Joe. Joe is aging right before our eyes. See, I must have psychic, mind altering abilities, I was right twice in one decade.

Eh let's give it a bit more time before we write Joe's obit as he's looked much better the past 2 games with 20 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 5 apg and 3.5 spg plus he's even getting to the FT line going 14-14! Those are the types of numbers (with more rebounds and less steals) that I'd love to see from Joe for the rest of the season. I'm not going to expect it, but it wouldn't shock me if he did it.