• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ken Berger update: says to only expect a minor deal, won't dump Hinrich for payroll reasons

Admin

I hope he's right that we won't make a salary dump type of move.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/17751826/trade-deadline-update

The Hawks appear determined to stand pat with their roster through the deadline, barring a minor deal that could help them for the stretch run and playoffs, sources say. One possibility would be moving Kirk Hinrich, but it would have to be a trade that helped them basketball-wise, not simply a salary dump. As for Josh Smith, who isn't exactly denying that he's requested a trade, Hawks GM Rick Sund's approach to such things historically has been to deal with them in the offseason -- say, around the draft, when more teams will be active in the trade market and draft picks acquired in trades will be known quantities.

Didn't I just say this but I am wrong right? If I say it, it can't be real huh Dof?

LOL....Hinrich playing 42 minutes last night was a player showcase to show he still had legs, was healthy. Kirk's gone. In chat it was discussed, "WTF with Kirk still being in. Man LD won't take him out for nothing." Last night Kirk got the start over Marvin and led all Hawks with 42:22 minutes while only scoring 12 points with 4 assists on 5 of 10 shooting.

Kirkie played to be showcased.

Keep believing my connect isn't good. You would never know about any potential deals outside of bad reporters and twitter.

LOL....Hinrich playing 42 minutes last night was a player showcase to show he still had legs, was healthy. Kirk's gone. In chat it was discussed, "WTF with Kirk still being in. Man LD won't take him out for nothing." Last night Kirk got the start over Marvin and led all Hawks with 42:22 minutes while only scoring 12 points with 4 assists on 5 of 10 shooting.

He wasn't that bad but he was tired.

Keep believing my connect isn't good. You would never know about any potential deals outside of bad reporters and twitter.

Well your connect has been right on .... yep nothing. Not one thing that you've told us about has come true.

So he should have shot 5 for 20 maybe? Sounds like a team player to me.

No, he was fine but his play didn't warrant 42 minutes, Pargo benched etc.....Honestly I couldn't believe JJ played 37 minutes on bad wheels.

No, he was fine but his play didn't warrant 42 minutes, Pargo benched etc.....Honestly I couldn't believe JJ played 37 minutes on bad wheels.

JJ said that he's good now and the knee is 85-90% and won't be missing anymore games. LD said that Hinrich started and played so many minutes because he wanted to match the Kings smaller 3 guard lineup.

Back to reality. This is the Sund that we all know and love. Expect nothing.

Hawks GM Rick Sund's approach to such things historically has been to deal with them in the offseason -- say, around the draft, when more teams will be active in the trade market and draft picks acquired in trades will be known quantities..

Can't wait til' he trades both of our picks for cash considerations.

• Premium Member

Hawks have chances to do deals.......................but the bottom line is they are not going to do anything that requires spending any additional money. Im sorry folks but that is the bottom line.

• Like 1

I have to ask, has your "connect" been right about any trades in the past?

• Premium Member

Hawks have chances to do deals.......................but the bottom line is they are not going to do anything that requires spending any additional money. Im sorry folks but that is the bottom line.

This has been the A$G policy every year. They let Crawford walk on a huge expiring we could have used and I'm afraid they are going to let Kirk's expiring go by the way side as well. I fully expect them to trade our first and second for cash considerations. I also don't think Josh is going to be traded until the draft. I do think Josh has let Sund know that unless Sund can bring in a superstar to play with him (hint Dwight) then he wants to go. And I think the Hawks know with Josh being a UFA after next season the best time to get value is either at this deadline or at the draft.

We've probably screwed up any chances at deals by winning games at a respectable enough clip to get us into the playoffs and Horford returns to lead us to the promised land.

• Premium Member

This has been the A$G policy every year. They let Crawford walk on a huge expiring we could have used and I'm afraid they are going to let Kirk's expiring go by the way side as well. I fully expect them to trade our first and second for cash considerations. I also don't think Josh is going to be traded until the draft. I do think Josh has let Sund know that unless Sund can bring in a superstar to play with him (hint Dwight) then he wants to go. And I think the Hawks know with Josh being a UFA after next season the best time to get value is either at this deadline or at the draft.

I agree 100% and that is why I have had long thoughts about just forgetting this team and moving on to something else...........but for some crazy reason I havent been able to. Following a team for over 30 years to see the crap that has gone on with this franchise is tough, but especially the last several years with the ASG in charge, its the same way with the Braves.

We really cant fault Josh for wanting to win, and anybody with a set of eyeballs can see this team for what it is. We used to laugh at Donald Sterling and the Clippers in the 1990s, well I think we are the Clippers of the past as an organization.

If we can get Lopez from the Nets for Josh, we have to do it.

I think these guys with the "tweets" are in left field though...................................

• Moderators

well I think we are the Clippers of the past as an organization.

The Clippers of the past didn't have winning records. They have only made the second round of the playoffs once since the team was called the "Buffalo Braves" and only made the playoffs 4 times in those 34 years.

I think people forget how bad the Clippers were in the past. They were the worst franchise in all of sports..not just an organization with dysfunction.

The Clippers of the past didn't have winning records. They have only made the second round of the playoffs once since the team was called the "Buffalo Braves" and only made the playoffs 4 times in those 34 years.

I think people forget how bad the Clippers were in the past. They were the worst franchise in all of sports..not just an organization with dysfunction.

Yeah, but those Braves were pretty good. Bob McAdoo, Gar Heard, Randy Smith, Jim McMillian, and, who can forget, Ernie DiGregorio.

• Moderators

Yeah, but those Braves were pretty good. Bob McAdoo, Gar Heard, Randy Smith, Jim McMillian, and, who can forget, Ernie DiGregorio.

They were good. When they became the Clippers, however, they became the worst franchise in the history of American sports.