• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Smith for pau gasol?

chico1

13-33 thats 20 rebounds he gave to the other team because the other PF was under the board collecting the brick/air ball. He is rarely ever guarded on the perimeter. even when josh has been playing well we barely win. We need to trade this guy before its too late.

If Josh Smith wants to leave us for nothing in free agency then I would accept a highly skilled 7 footer like Pau Gasol as his replacement. We would have him at the ages of 31, 32, and 33 before his contract runs out.

In 2014 we could flip his expiring contract for younger assets.

If Josh Smith wants to leave us for nothing in free agency then I would accept a highly skilled 7 footer like Pau Gasol as his replacement. We would have him at the ages of 31, 32, and 33 before his contract runs out.

In 2014 we could flip his expiring contract for younger assets.

Agreed. A skilled 7 footer is ALWAYS a valuable asset, at least while he's < 35 years old. Josh Smith at 30 yrs. old will not be very valuable - he'll have to settle for even more jumpshots. Can you imagine?

I need to see what this team can be with a post scoring option. I would LOVE to see Pau here for Smith/Hinrich.

Josh is 6-17 from 3 in March and while I'd prefer he doesn't take that many 3's, that's a very respectable 35% and good enough that he has to be guarded from there. I don't mind him taking those at all, as long as he gives up the long 2's and continues to take his man off the dribble like he's done more of recently when they come out to defend him.

Also, in February Josh was 7-20 from 3, which is also 35% and that puts him at 13-33 over the past 19 games. Over that span his attempts per game have gone up quite a bit over the beginning of the season but his percentage has also gone up quite a bit as well.

I don't want my PF shooting that many 3's - nobody goes out to defend Josh, they leave him open to take the long two's biggrin.png

I don't want my PF shooting that many 3's - nobody goes out to defend Josh, they leave him open to take the long two's biggrin.png

I don't want it either but if he's getting you 20-25 and 10-12 plus blocking shots, getting assists then I'm not going to complain about him shooting 35% from 3. I mean if you're dating one of the world's hottest women (or men in your case, I'm assuming) would you complain if she liked to eat fast food or drink a little too much or liked to get a little high? Hell no, you'd be thrilled with dating her!

I don't want it either but if he's getting you 20-25 and 10-12 plus blocking shots, getting assists then I'm not going to complain about him shooting 35% from 3. I mean if you're dating one of the world's hottest women (or men in your case, I'm assuming) would you complain if she liked to eat fast food or drink a little too much or liked to get a little high? Hell no, you'd be thrilled with dating her!

If I had the hottest guy (you are right) I don't have a problem with the fast food but the drinking too much and the getting high - no thanks.

Might be the dumbest trade I've seen in a longtime if Sund agrees. Why would we trade for an old soft jump shooter? And like always the Lakers bring some good bourbon to the meeting and leave out sober while the other drunken idiots leave out scratching their heads. How's it even possible for teams like the Lakers to continue butt raping other teams with lop-sided trades! This beyond me!!!

Yeah, especially when we could keep young, stupid, soft jump shooter Smoob.

Yeah, especially when we could keep young, stupid, soft jump shooter Smoob.

I agree man. Pau is soft like Smoove is soft but that is where the comparisons stop.

Pau BBIQ vs Smooves Pau wins

Pau athletisim vs Smoove Smoove wins

Pau playoff experience vs Smoove Pau wins. Pau had a bad playoff last year, but that was a anomaly. The season before he averaged 19.6, 11.1, and 2.1 which were all better than his regular season averages. Over his career he shows up for the playoffs unlike what Smoove and Horford have shown over their careers...

Pau FT% shooting vs Smoove Pau wins

Pau Offensive game vs Smoove Pau wins

Pau age vs Smoove Smoove wins

I am not all in on this trade because of the age difference but we could do a lot worse, especially if we could pry away a 1st round pick...

Edited by Buzzard

Pau's old, he's not a #1 option and he would be another Joe on our roster. Not interested unless I have Kobe.

Pau's old, he's not a #1 option and he would be another Joe on our roster. Not interested unless I have Kobe.

All we need is three more seasons from him, similar numbers to Smith, 110% better player in the playoffs, 110% better BBIQ, and offensive skill set.

His age is the only downsize and as one other poster already stated, he is at about the same age that the Celtics got Garnett but with only three years left on his contract. I bet the Celtics are wishing about now Garnetts contract was already over with...

I personally do not see the Lakers doing it. I mean seriously, they are trying to use him as the main piece to get Howard, and also rumored to trying to get Scola and Lowry with him.

I do not think the Lakers see Smith and Hinrich in quite the same light as Howard or Lowry plus Scola...

All we need is three more seasons from him, similar numbers to Smith, 110% better player in the playoffs, 110% better BBIQ, and offensive skill set.

His age is the only downsize and as one other poster already stated, he is at about the same age that the Celtics got Garnett but with only three years left on his contract. I bet the Celtics are wishing about now Garnetts contract was already over with...

I personally do not see the Lakers doing it. I mean seriously, they are trying to use him as the main piece to get Howard, and also rumored to trying to get Scola and Lowry with him.

I do not think the Lakers see Smith and Hinrich in quite the same light as Howard or Lowry plus Scola...

His offense isn't that good. He looks a lot better on offense because Kobe is the #1 option. I always compared Pau to Joe for a reason. Both are Robin's. With two Robin's, no bad guys are defeated. Josh maybe a wildcard but a wildcard and Robin is better than two Robin's.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

ESPN is reporting that the Lakers just turned down a Gasol for Rondo deal with the Celtics.

His offense isn't that good. He looks a lot better on offense because Kobe is the #1 option. I always compared Pau to Joe for a reason. Both are Robin's. With two Robin's, no bad guys are defeated. Josh maybe a wildcard but a wildcard and Robin is better than two Robin's.

This whole needing a superstar is sometimes overblown. I remember a Miami Heat team a few years ago with a few guys like an unknown Dwayne Wade and Lamar Odom and a cast of other less than Robin's do pretty good for themselves. Pau's post game is something this team does not have at all. You were against us getting Brook Lopez and now Pau Gasol, but all for us getting Melo. I'm beginning to wonder if you're just against guys who can score on the block.

It's a skillset that is desperately needed in the playoffs. Team defense becomes drastically better in the playoffs and jump shooting teams often struggle.

Don't forget how good his offense looked when he was the man in Memphis. He took a bad team to the playoffs almost single-handedly.

Edited by Dragitoff

I guess you forgot that him and Kobe did not play together in Memphis. There is nothing about Pau's game that suggest he needs a lot of help. He is one of the most gifted offensive bigs period over the last 10 or more seasons.

• Like 1

ESPN is reporting that the Lakers just turned down a Gasol for Rondo deal with the Celtics.

That one was shot down a few days ago. Lakers value Gasol, Rockets value him also but they want to hang on to Lowry. Honestly I do not see what else the Rockets have other than Lowry and Scola that could get Gasol.

This whole needing a superstar is sometimes overblown. I remember a Miami Heat team a few years ago with a few guys like an unknown Dwayne Wade and Lamar Odom and a cast of other less than Robin's do pretty good for themselves. Pau's post game is something this team does not have at all. You were against us getting Brook Lopez and now Pau Gasol, but all for us getting Melo. I'm beginning to wonder if you're just against guys who can score on the block.

It's a skillset that is desperately needed in the playoffs. Team defense becomes drastically better in the playoffs and jump shooting teams often struggle.

Don't forget how good his offense looked when he was the man in Memphis. He took a bad team to the playoffs almost single-handedly.

They didn't make it out of the 2nd round. Miami won with two Batmans in Wade and Shaq.

I guess you forgot that him and Kobe did not play together in Memphis. There is nothing about Pau's game that suggest he needs a lot of help. He is one of the most gifted offensive bigs period over the last 10 or more seasons.

Pau didn't make it out of the 1st round much less win a playoff game and Memphis in his traded season was terrible.

So who do you want to get to be our #1 option and how do you think we could get him?

We wouldn't have a #1 option, we would be the same team but much worse.

Let's compare Pau on the Hawks v. Smith on the Hawks. Smith would be better. Smith is younger. We have a better shot to win with Smith. Pau with Kobe, Bynum, and LA is a lot different than Pau with Joe and Al.