Diesel

The thing is Melo and Lin don't fit.

The thing is Melo and Amare don't fit.

The thing is Melo and Tyson don't fit.

The thing is Tyson and Lin fit.

The thing is Amare and Lin fit.

The thing is Amare and Tyson fit.

See the issue?

Melo and Tyson fit perfectly fine together, in fact Tyson is exactly the type of player that you need to play with a guy who takes as many shots as Melo does. I think that Melo and Lin could be fine together but its when you combine 3 guys who need to shoot as much as Melo, Amare and Lin do that you run into problems. Melo also isn't a good fit for D'Antoni's uptempo system, he's much better in a half-court isolation system like we often run.

Melo and Tyson fit perfectly fine together, in fact Tyson is exactly the type of player that you need to play with a guy who takes as many shots as Melo does. I think that Melo and Lin could be fine together but its when you combine 3 guys who need to shoot as much as Melo, Amare and Lin do that you run into problems. Melo also isn't a good fit for D'Antoni's uptempo system, he's much better in a half-court isolation system like we often run.

Tyson and Melo don't fit. I seen them numerous times before Lin started. I agree with the system but the personnel is the biggest issue. They are bunch of bad fits like Atlanta but unlike Atlanta, too many guys can't play defense. Mainly their two highest paid players. Their the Warriors East.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

You are spot on I think. Wade, Bron, and Bosh can work simply because for all the talk about Bosh's attitude, he is not a ball hog. As long as he feels needed, Bosh fits in just fine with those other two. His height, rebounding, and offensive skill set will always be needed as long as he is there...

Tyson and Melo don't fit. I seen them numerous times before Lin started. I agree with the system but the personnel is the biggest issue. They are bunch of bad fits like Atlanta but unlike Atlanta, too many guys can't play defense. Mainly their two highest paid players. Their the Warriors East.

How do they not fit? Tyson is a guy who gets his points from hustle plays and being set up by a PG, which has nothing to do with Melo.

I agree that they have a big issue with Melo and Amare being sub-par defenders. The sad thing is both of them have the ability to be good defenders but neither of them put in the effort to be.

You are spot on I think. Wade, Bron, and Bosh can work simply because for all the talk about Bosh's attitude, he is not a ball hog. As long as he feels needed, Bosh fits in just fine with those other two. His height, rebounding, and offensive skill set will always be needed as long as he is there...

Yep Bosh is a perfect fit for those 2 because he's capable of getting his without needing a ton of shots and he can get his in the post or from the perimeter.

How do they not fit? Tyson is a guy who gets his points from hustle plays and being set up by a PG, which has nothing to do with Melo.

I agree that they have a big issue with Melo and Amare being sub-par defenders. The sad thing is both of them have the ability to be good defenders but neither of them put in the effort to be.

Tyson is a PnR Center. His offense based on movement. He's not even like Horf, his offense is 20x more limited. That's why I always said Chandler couldn't fit our offense. When Melo is ball dominate, it has everything to do with Melo which is everywhere he's been. The difference is in Denver, the personnel fit him which I why I didn't understand why he left Denver. In NY, it doesn't. His offensive pace in Denver was faster than it is in NY.

Amare doesn't have it anymore and he never was a good defender ever. He was just a stat guy but now he's not even that. Melo is an average defender. He's very good on ball and in the post on D but his off the ball is on Jamal's level.

Tyson is a PnR Center. His offense based on movement. He's not even like Horf, his offense is 20x more limited. That's why I always said Chandler couldn't fit our offense. When Melo is ball dominate, it has everything to do with Melo which is everywhere he's been. The difference is in Denver, the personnel fit him which I why I didn't understand why he left Denver. In NY, it doesn't. His offensive pace in Denver was faster than it is in NY.

Amare doesn't have it anymore and he never was a good defender ever. He was just a stat guy but now he's not even that. Melo is an average defender. He's very good on ball and in the post on D but his off the ball is on Jamal's level.

But you're saying that Melo and Chandler don't fit together and then you're saying it's because Chandler is a PnR center, which I agree with that part. What I'm saying is that Melo has ZERO to do with the Knicks running a PnR offense as they could easily run that type of offense with Carmelo and be successful.

Consistency on ball D is another issue for Melo.

But you're saying that Melo and Chandler don't fit together and then you're saying it's because Chandler is a PnR center, which I agree with that part. What I'm saying is that Melo has ZERO to do with the Knicks running a PnR offense as they could easily run that type of offense with Carmelo and be successful.

Personnel matters a lot for Tyson on offense. His defense is still the same. His defensive impact is worse when he has to cover for Melo and Amare.

How can they run a PnR with Lin when Melo ball stops too much.

You can't run a lot of PnR's and run a lot of iso's with limited ball movement as well. It's either one or the other. That's the Knicks problem. They need to choose an idenity. The problem is, Melo is the only one who fits the iso ball and everyone else fits the PnR and ball movement one.

Melo would fit our offense like a glove. Then all we need is a center. Chris Kaman or Andrew Bogut for Hinrich, Marvin and picks.

• Admin

Yeah, I was thrown off by that big title at the top of the page that said: NBA TRADE RUMORS.

Its not a rumor that they are looking at Smith...the article is a rumor about getting Howard and then it is the writers opinion that the Knicks should look at getting Smith. There is no where in there that they are looking to trade for Smith

If the Knicks can't get Howard, a move they should consider to help their defense get stronger is to acquire Josh Smith of the Atlanta Hawks. He's made it known that he wants to leave if the team won't give him what he needs to win it all, according to Michael Cunningham of The Atlanta Journal Constitution. Hawks coach, Larry Drew said:

Its not a rumor that they are looking at Smith...the article is a rumor about getting Howard and then it is the writers opinion that the Knicks should look at getting Smith. There is no where in there that they are looking to trade for Smith

If the Knicks can't get Howard, a move they should consider to help their defense get stronger is to acquire Josh Smith of the Atlanta Hawks. He's made it known that he wants to leave if the team won't give him what he needs to win it all, according to Michael Cunningham of The Atlanta Journal Constitution. Hawks coach, Larry Drew said:

If that's the case, why not this mega-deal?

Atlanta in: Carmelo Anthony, Ryan Anderson, and Hedo Turkoglu

Orlando in: Tyson Chandler, A'mare Stoudamire, and Marvin Williams

New York in: Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, and Kirk Hinrich

Teague, Johnson, Anthony, Anderson, Horford (Pachulia for until Horf's back)

Nelson, Richardson, Williams, Stoudamire, Chandler

Lin, Smith, Fields, Smith, Howard

That would be a big commitment to Jeremy Lin and blowing up the existing big 3 in NY, but would that make them a better team?

Atlanta not taking Hedo contract without getting Howard. Not only that, it's not a good trade at all for Atlanta. Are you a Knicks fan?

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Atlanta not taking Hedo contract without getting Howard. Not only that, it's not a good trade at all for Atlanta. Are you a Knicks fan?

I'm shocked you don't love this deal. It gets Atlanta the superstar you dream about. Atlanta gets Melo and Ryan Anderson. We'd have Teague/Johnson/Melo/Anderson/Horford as our starting 5 next season with Turk and Pachulia coming off the bench. We could do alot worse IMO.

I hate Ryan Anderson. He's Troy Murphy GS verison to me. He's only putting up # since Orlando need someone to score outside of D12 and D12 makes up for his lack of defensive skills so he can play those mins without being a liability. We don't have D12 or guys who can cover for bad defenders and if we trade Smoove there is no way we can cover for them. I like moves with sense, stupid a*s moves aren't moves I am for at all. Turk is expensive and pointless. He would be a big time waste. That's a retarded a*s team. Worse than the retarded one we have right now.

I hate Ryan Anderson. He's Troy Murphy GS verison to me. He's only putting up # since Orlando need someone to score outside of D12 and D12 makes up for his lack of defensive skills so he can play those mins without being a liability. We don't have D12 or guys who can cover for bad defenders and if we trade Smoove there is no way we can cover for them. I like moves with sense, stupid a*s moves aren't moves I am for at all. Turk is expensive and pointless. He would be a big time waste. That's a retarded a*s team. Worse than the retarded one we have right now.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you in this case; however I find it humorous that you only like trades that bring in superstars and hate players that don't fit a magical criteria that you have; yet you NEVER bring forth a realistic or logical suggestion.

Your proposal needs more OJ Mayo in order for him to sign off on it.

lol, hilarious.

I'm shocked you don't love this deal. It gets Atlanta the superstar you dream about. Atlanta gets Melo and Ryan Anderson. We'd have Teague/Johnson/Melo/Anderson/Horford as our starting 5 next season with Turk and Pachulia coming off the bench. We could do alot worse IMO.

The only way I would take Hedo's deal is if we were getting Dwight.