• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh and Dwight will both be free agents next year

GameTime

I think the Magic are going to try and pawn off something on us at next year's deadline if we still have Josh to get him to try and pair up the two childhood friends and resign both of them.

If we trade Josh Smith for Ryan Anderson..... lock.gif

Unless they give 5 1sts.

It wouldn't shock me if we see the exact same thing happen next year. The Nets will be a lot better with Gerald Wallace and Deron could decide not to opt out of his contract and stick with them 1 more year. Then next trade deadline they'll be talking about Howard to the Nets and we'll be talking about where we're moving Josh and Josh will be saying he wants to re-sign with Atlanta.

We aren't getting anyone good and likely losing Smith. Smith will likely be traded in the offseason. Just my opinion.

We aren't getting anyone good and likely losing Smith. Smith will likely be traded in the offseason. Just my opinion.

We better trade Smith in the off season, because bet your bottom dollar he chases D12s coat tails in free agency.

• Premium Member

We better trade Smith in the off season, because bet your bottom dollar he chases D12s coat tails in free agency.

My thoughts and fears exactly. I think we have to move Smoove at the draft as opposed to hoping he wants to resign when he best friend is trying to lure him to Orlando or wherever Howard is at next year.

My thoughts and fears exactly. I think we have to move Smoove at the draft as opposed to hoping he wants to resign when he best friend is trying to lure him to Orlando or wherever Howard is at next year.

We need to get some clarification on whether or not we're allowed to extend Smoove in the off-season / next season or if we have to wait until his contract is up to offer him a new one. My hope is that report by Sekou was inaccurate and if so then I expect Levenson and the ASG to offer up a big contract extension to Smoove and he'll take it. They love the kid too much to let him go, or at least I hope so.

• Like 1

We need to get some clarification on whether or not we're allowed to extend Smoove in the off-season / next season or if we have to wait until his contract is up to offer him a new one. My hope is that report by Sekou was inaccurate and if so then I expect Levenson and the ASG to offer up a big contract extension to Smoove and he'll take it. They love the kid too much to let him go, or at least I hope so.

You call it letting him go. Smith calls it no thank you, I want to go play with my big brother.

It wouldn't shock me if we see the exact same thing happen next year. The Nets will be a lot better with Gerald Wallace and Deron could decide not to opt out of his contract and stick with them 1 more year. Then next trade deadline they'll be talking about Howard to the Nets and we'll be talking about where we're moving Josh and Josh will be saying he wants to re-sign with Atlanta.

Naw, that dream is dead, Deron is packing his bags for home. He was only quiet because the plan was for Dwight to join him but I severely doubt he'd waste another year of his prime there waiting on a dream. If he happens to do that though.....well throw on some diapers because bedlam will definitively ensue, either that or the FBI will arrest them all because that's some serious collusion going on.

Now we have a situation where it's very real that Josh could join Dwight in Orlando so let's hope we beat them again in the 1st round forcing Otis to go crazy and sign and trade for more contracts eliminating that possibility.

Sekou is wrong every now and then, but with this we cannot tell because the damn CBA isn't out yet. I can't remember how the old CBA dealt with extensions from offer sheets, but that might be that you cannot extend them. I believe a new CBA that allows extensions would trump that if it is true.

That's the issue that I'm having. I swear I've seen what he's refering to recently but can't find it right away and then I simply just don't trust the extent of his knowledge so iffy all around.

THis is so funny I see this thread because I thought of this samething today after finding out Dwight will be a FA the same year Josh.

I think the ASG need to figure out a way to free some cap room and sweet talk Josh all summer to get him to talk with his good friend about playing for the hawks.

If I'm the ASG, I'm putting Josh's face all over town...

THis is so funny I see this thread because I thought of this samething today after finding out Dwight will be a FA the same year Josh.

I think the ASG need to figure out a way to free some cap room and sweet talk Josh all summer to get him to talk with his good friend about playing for the hawks.

If I'm the ASG, I'm putting Josh's face all over town...

I'm taking any deal I can get for Joe to clear room (dumping him for picks/expiring trash is best), reassuring Al that he will be the 4. I'm reup'ing Teague early at a guaranteed 7 million so he is in the fold and I'm dumping Kirk, Marvin for draft picks. Then I'm signing Dwight and looking at this:

Teague

SG - Drafted shooter - 3 point marksmen.

Josh

Al

Dwight

and any draft picks/bums we can get. That front 3 would be the best ever assembled.

• Like 1