• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trading Josh During Draft?

JericoAtl

Guest Walter

Hibbert? Max? I would rather just keep Smith. JJ/Hibbert with maximum contracts would equal the worst contract combination in the history of sports (competing with Eddie Jones and Brian Grant with Miami).

Hibbert's max would be less than Horford's I think. but if not...any deal Indy would hesitate making we might make and pair a true center with Horford OR JS. I don't care who we trade. With Hibbert we get a center big and long enough (with still room to develop) to pair with JS who is undersized at the 4. AND we get Paul George for the 3 spot!

Look. I understand deconstructionism. It's easy to say hell no. I can come up with a thousand reasons not to do anything. Yes, change can be a b*tch. BUT, this team needs change and the fact that it is not going to win anything of importance as constructed is one GIGANTIC reason that trumps just about all others set against change. So, let's shake things up a bit, shall we. Trade JJ, Horford, and/or JS. We will have to take a risk and hope the upside works out but, we've got to do it. Maybe we trade relatively even talent for variable skills. Maybe we trade to move our talent to other positions. Maybe we trade for upside over immediate talent. Maybe we even luck up and trade for more talent. Whatever we do, let's all recognize that for years now we've needed to do something. Otherwise, you think the same as the ASG. I know nobody would want to fall in line with that bunch.

W

W

• Premium Member

I truly think Josh is going to walk as a free agent next season for nothing unless we get new owners or they luck into some kind of crazy trade that gets us a superstar. Otherwise Josh is going to go play with Dwight elsewhere.

• Premium Member

I truly think Josh is going to walk as a free agent next season for nothing unless we get new owners or they luck into some kind of crazy trade that gets us a superstar. Otherwise Josh is going to go play with Dwight elsewhere.

That's the impression I got from Sekou's article. Truly sad for us Hawks fans.

• Like 1

I could see Josh having a change of heart and being willing to stay, but then the question is - can the ASG offer him a max deal like Joe's? Not sure their will be cap space, and even if there is the team would really have almost no flexibility after that.

Another wrinkle in all this - I think Josh probably wants to play with Howard. So he may wait till Howard makes his mind up. If Howard waffles around for all of next season, like he did this year, the Josh drama will probably linger along as well.

I could see Josh having a change of heart and being willing to stay, but then the question is - can the ASG offer him a max deal like Joe's? Not sure their will be cap space, and even if there is the team would really have almost no flexibility after that.

Another wrinkle in all this - I think Josh probably wants to play with Howard. So he may wait till Howard makes his mind up. If Howard waffles around for all of next season, like he did this year, the Josh drama will probably linger along as well.

Howard gave Orlando one more season to do one of two things:

1-Get their crap together personnel wise.

2-Find a better deal for him now that they can look a little longer.

Don't ask me which way it goes, I don't think anyone in Orlando, including Howard or Otis Smith has a clue.

• Premium Member

When has Josh or Howard ever said that they wanted to play together?

seeing as how we never seem to get the max out of our trades, i think we missed a golden oppertunity at the deadline, nobody wants to trade josh right now. but the trade should have been josh for chris kaman straight up.somebody that you can practically pencil in for 16 pts. a night. that would take pressure off your offense. when horford comes back you put him at his normal position.simple