• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Are we Hexed?..or is it the Law of Averages?

DJlaysitup

Seriously...this is getting down to more than just bad luck...is there a higher (or lower) power responsible?

We come into this season - an abbreviated and condensed season in the best shape I can remember as far as bench strength. We finally got guys who can play and want to play off the bench (no offense Joe Smith). We have our core and we have a relatively young core that has already proven to be competitve against the top teams - GREAT!! - all we have to do is play the games - win most of em - and wear these F'ers down while our team gains confidence! Then the other playoff teams work through injuries and having to rest old dudes and we play them in the playoffs. Our youth and energy still prevails and we win the first (albeit abbreviated season) NBA Championship for the Atlanta Hawks!

Then everything on my plan went to H#LL

My gracious...we lost our (semi) All-Star Center early in the season, who would have been perfect for this run. AL would have worn out other centers as a young guy with hops and coming into his game...with Smoove beside him.

Can you imagine if we had Zaza at center...AL at PF...and Josh at SF now?

Then it's the other injuries - 3 days here - 2 weeks there. Who is healthy tonight?

We get a guy healthy and two more go down. JJ down, Marvin down, Vlad down, Willie down, TMac down, even Ivan had to miss important games due to some sort of death/life thing that a new guy - hoping to make the only real money he likely ever will - should have made into a one game thing.

So are we hexed? I dunno. Maybe we got away without too many injuries in the past few years that the odds are catching up with us. I dunno.

Of course I will say that Marvin's problems are due to Diesel - I heard he got that new VooDoo doll from Haiti Posted Image

P.S. - you know - everybody I have mentioned as getting hurt could come back for the playoffs....

Edited by DJlaysitup

We've played 46 games this season. What follows is the list of DNP's for our core. Most of Stack and Collins are just coach's decision most of the rest is injury. Though Collins wouldn't play even if he was healthy in most cases. Total DNP's - 163 - 3.54 per game. most people forget Kirk missed 18 to start the season and took about 10 games to get his sea legs.JS - 0JT - 0Zaza 0Vlad 5JJ - 6Pargo - 7MW - 8TMac - 8Ivan - 8WGreen - 11Kirk - 18Stack - 26Collins 31Al - 35

• Premium Member

Instead of concentrating on the negatives in all this, I say that we're not doing bad AND when our people come back, we will have experience in the core and the bench... which makes for a tough team.

• Like 1