• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

now you know haters

Sothron

Using that same idiotic logic showing nothing but emotion MUST MEAN you are a REAL superstar and a multiple champion. Why didn't someone tell JR Rider this???

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

So you cant name anyone? Thats what i thought. Im not saying he should be show boating but how bout a motioning to get the crowd to get louder or get up off their bored asses or show some ype of positive emotion that indicates he gives a damn.

Everyone on this board posts with emotion. Maybe my logic is flawed but so is your misguided blind faith in joe. You actually think joe can win the Hawks a ring? And you think I'M AN IDIOT?

At 15 seconds into this highlight mix you'll see Joe Johnson nail the big 3, pound his chest and yell to the crowd.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXO_62-s484

30 seconds into this video, again from the Celtics series

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=tco6OQW4EnQ

http://bleacherrepor...-do-the-talking

10 Players Who Let Game Do the Talking

7. Joe Johnson

Say what you want about the $120-plus million contract Joe Johnson received from the Hawks, but you can't deny Joe Joe's calm and collected swagger on the court.

He doesn't panic, worry or freak out when he's playing his game. Instead, it's just a smooth ride from the minute the ball is tipped.

Johnson is quiet by nature and realizes that he doesn't need to talk a good game to have a good game.

As the Hawks' franchise player, Johnson continues to amaze with his all-around play, with averages this season of 18.6 points, about five assists and four rebounds.

Johnson has one of the quietest demeanors on the court, and he is one of the few that can excel at it.

Derrick Rose has three simple rules on the court:

1. No trash talkin'

2. Don't complain to refs

3. Let your game speak

When you truly watch him play, you will see that he really adheres to these three rules and doesn't break them at any point of the game.

You will never see Derrick Rose trash talking (I'm not sure he knows how to) or fighting, because he knows nothing good can ever come out of it.

More than anything, Rose is just quiet by nature. You can just see it with the way he talks, plays and carries himself. He's a shy kid, but he's got the demeanor of a superstar, and he is absolutely a monster on the court.

• Like 1

I remember that series. It's the only real time I remember joe showing emotion. It was positive, non trash talking emotion, which is what I've been waiting to see again since that series. Is it a coincidence that it was his best series?Again, I have not been asking for trash talk. Just enthusiasm. If joe was as good as rose he could conduct yoga classes after each game and become a mute for all I care.I haven't seen rose play enough to say whether he plays with more emotion than joe but he is a cool customer. I'll give you rose, good example.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

So you cant name anyone? Thats what i thought. Im not saying he should be show boating but how bout a motioning to get the crowd to get louder or get up off their bored asses or show some ype of positive emotion that indicates he gives a damn.Everyone on this board posts with emotion. Maybe my logic is flawed but so is your misguided blind faith in joe. You actually think joe can win the Hawks a ring? And you think I'M AN IDIOT?

Tim Duncan rarely shows any emotion on the court, Tony Parker is the same. Joe Dumars didn't show much emotion. Robert Parish and Dennis Johnson (RIP) did not show much emotion. James Worthy did not show much emotion. Rip Hamilton did not show much emotion. I can keep going but your entire theory was so bad I didn't need to seriously invest to answer it because it is simply silly.Note: I did not say you were an idiot. I said what you said was idiotic. There is a difference between the two. I don't do personal attacks.
  • Like 1

All the guys you named other than duncan(who i already stated even showed more emotion) were not the best player on their team like you think joe is. They largely fed off the emotion the guy that was the best on their team provided. Isaiah magic bird were pretty passionate players. But ofcourse joe isnt as good as any of the players either of us mentioned other than maybe rip (superstar?) I guess.You know good and well when you call someone's comment idiotic what you are implying.Maybe im off a bit but jesus, dont you wish you saw some fire in joe? I truely believe it would result in an even better joe.

All the guys you named other than duncan(who i already stated even showed more emotion) were not the best player on their team like you think joe is. They largely fed off the emotion the guy that was the best on their team provided. Isaiah magic bird were pretty passionate players. But ofcourse joe isnt as good as any of the players either of us mentioned other than maybe rip (superstar?) I guess.You know good and well when you call someone's comment idiotic what you are implying.Maybe im off a bit but jesus, dont you wish you saw some fire in joe? I truely believe it would result in an even better joe.

Joe is a throwback......think Kareem, Russell, Oscar, West etc. Those guys did not due all the celebrating and histrionics you see now a days. Ewing was another quiet guy.

Joe is a throwback......think Kareem, Russell, Oscar, West etc. Those guys did not due all the celebrating and histrionics you see now a days. Ewing was another quiet guy.

I understand. Guys, im not asking for thug joe. Im asking for passionate, determined joe. Like all the guys you just named. I just dont see it in joe.

I understand.

Guys, im not asking for thug joe. Im asking for passionate, determined joe. Like all the guys you just named. I just dont see it in joe.

Like Greg Popvich said "We get guys who want to do their job and go home and aren’t impressed with the hoopla" This is Joe in a nutshell, he just wants to play ball, that is his personality and I'm cool with it. Take last night for instance - hits a big 3 to send games into overtime and what does he do - calmly walk back to the huddle.

• Premium Member

His inability to lead turned me against him. I remember, after a horrible regular season loss to Orlando, seeing JJ walking off the court laughing. How can he be about winning if he's giggling like a schoolgirl after being blown out by a rival? Joe plays for Joe! He's not a winner and I agree he's never been or will be part of this city. Dude is a mercenary.He doesn't care enough to take the contact. He doesn't care enough to dive for a loose ball. He does not care enough to do the little things star level players do to get their teams over the hump. Floaters and Jumpers....that's Joe. Always doing just enough to get by.

NBA coaches don't put guys on 6 straight All-Star teams who are "doing just enough to get by."No one has ever argued that JJ is LeBron or Kobe. I compare him more to a guy like Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Gasol, Pippen, etc - guys who can be part of a Big Two or Big Three. Hell, put him on the 2008 title winning Celtics team, and he would have been the best player on the floor. Same with the '04 Pistons. The idea that he doesn't care or could never be a part of a contender is absurd.If the Hawks had decided to do a firesale last month, every contender with the exception of Miami would have scrambled to put together a package that would land him. You think that's true about your boy Josh? Listen to the way opposing coaches and players talk about Joe and you understand the respect he has around the league. He's a guy who quietly averages 20-5-5, plays hard on both ends of the floor, and has no real weaknesses in his game (which is why he's always cited as one of the hardest guys in the league to stop 1-on-1).It's only fair weather fans and people who only consider someone a star if they showboat that hate on Joe. Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

So what? You think any of those teams win a ring without those players? Seriously? Bird doesn't win chicken feed without McHale and Parish in the front court and Cedric Maxwell and Dennis Johnson around him as well. Isiah doesn't win chicken feed without Dumars. Tim Duncan isn't winning a run without Parker and if you are telling Duncan is an "emotional" player then we may as well stop trying to debate about this. I can keep going but every guy I named was either the best player on their team or close to it. There is NO WAY those teams win without them on it.And no, I was not "implying" anything. You are reading into something that isn't there. Just to show you how think about how many times you heard someone say something that was wrong or when you yourself said something that was wrong. Does that make people an idiot or did they just say something that was wrong?If all of us are branded idiots over a bad idea then every human being ever born is an idiot myself included.

It doesn't mean he does care either. Name me one "superstar" player in the last 2 decades that showed this little emotion and won a ring. Tim Duncan shows more emotion than Joe. I'm pretty sure if he wants to get paid he has to play if the training staff clears him. And believe me, he WANTS to get PAID!

You are being so clearly biased that its hard to take anything you are saying seriously.If Joe doesn't really want to play hard why is he coming up with shot after shot at the end of the game and hitting a huge three to send it to OT? He could just miss, go home and pick up his paycheck. He doesn't get paid extra for those extra 5 minutes of gametime ya know.

Wake me up when he does something at the big boy table. Beating a bottom dweller in March does nothing for me.

Does this mean you also won't use it against him when he has a bad regular season game? Or are we just disregarding the good games?And the whole 20 pts in the 4th against the celtics in the playoffs doesn't count either I bet. How many Hawks aside from #21 have put up a playoff performance that impressive? Edited by ag82
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Does this mean you also won't use it against him when he has a bad regular season game? Or are we just disregarding the good games?And the whole 20 pts in the 4th against the celtics in the playoffs doesn't count either I bet. How many Hawks aside from #21 have put up a playoff performance that impressive?

Here's an even better point: not even #21 got us past the second round. Blaming Joe Johnson solely for our playoff losses is just grossly unfair.

You are being so clearly biased that its hard to take anything you are saying seriously.If Joe doesn't really want to play hard why is he coming up with shot after shot at the end of the game and hitting a huge three to send it to OT? He could just miss, go home and pick up his paycheck. He doesn't get paid extra for those extra 5 minutes of gametime ya know.

Uh, joe was pretty bad for 3 quarters. Maybe that had something to do with the extra 5.Hell yeah im biased. But im not as far off as you and others are making it seem. There are othes who agree they just choose not to get into a full blown debate about it. Im sorry, i dont think joe is as good as you think he is.

So what? You think any of those teams win a ring without those players? Seriously? Bird doesn't win chicken feed without McHale and Parish in the front court and Cedric Maxwell and Dennis Johnson around him as well. Isiah doesn't win chicken feed without Dumars. Tim Duncan isn't winning a run without Parker and if you are telling Duncan is an "emotional" player then we may as well stop trying to debate about this. I can keep going but every guy I named was either the best player on their team or close to it. There is NO WAY those teams win without them on it.And no, I was not "implying" anything. You are reading into something that isn't there. Just to show you how think about how many times you heard someone say something that was wrong or when you yourself said something that was wrong. Does that make people an idiot or did they just say something that was wrong?If all of us are branded idiots over a bad idea then every human being ever born is an idiot myself included.

Your interpretation of what i posted is quite self serving. I never said those guys werent important to their teams. I never said duncan should be chatacterized as an emotional player. I do think he has shown more emotion at times over his career than joe has. As for the idiot thing, since i do not know you, i believe you. I retract my animosity toward the subject. These are only opinions of mine. Im sure im wrong about some of them. Do you honestly believe joe can lead a team to a ring?

• Premium Member

Your interpretation of what i posted is quite self serving. I never said those guys werent important to their teams. I never said duncan should be chatacterized as an emotional player. I do think he has shown more emotion at times over his career than joe has. As for the idiot thing, since i do not know you, i believe you. I retract my animosity toward the subject. These are only opinions of mine. Im sure im wrong about some of them. Do you honestly believe joe can lead a team to a ring?

If he had a better cast around him and a real coach with an ownership that didn't suck? Yes.

If he had a better cast around him and a real coach with an ownership that didn't suck? Yes.

Ok, thats cool.Do you think joe resigned because he thought they were gonna sell the team? If not then he had to have known the list of cons you posted. The chance at a ring was in chicago, the $ was in hotlanta. Id be pissed if i resigned thinking the asg was gonna sell. Cause he might have thought he was gonna have his cake and eat it too. I bet everyone on the team cant wait for them to sell...except for LD!

If he was capable of leading a team to a ring as a max player, he would have signed there, they would have taken him. His agent played poker with the ASG and won. There was no real max deal on the table for Joe elsewhere or we would have had our hand forced and signed and traded him. If someone believes Joe is the centerpiece of a championship, then they know something other 29 teams in the NBA do not.

If he was capable of leading a team to a ring as a max player, he would have signed there, they would have taken him. His agent played poker with the ASG and won. There was no real max deal on the table for Joe elsewhere or we would have had our hand forced and signed and traded him. If someone believes Joe is the centerpiece of a championship, then they know something other 29 teams in the NBA do not.

There was no potential max offer on the table for him yet the team decided to offer the full percentage raises and the 6th year that no other team could?? You either misunderstood the previous CBA or are just pushing an agenda because it should be obvious that there were numerous options beyond a sign and trade if their hands were forced like saaaaaaaaaaay.......out-bidding the competing team.

The biggest difference in philosophy between the Hawks and competing teams was that Joe was seen as a component for an upgrade whereas the Hawks simply wanted to maintain past success.