• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks - Wizards

lethalweapon3

Joe might be the most clutch shooter on the planet the last few weeks. I watched Barngani miss two open looks to win against the Bulls, and couldn't help but think Joe wouldve buried either one: an elbow fifteen footer or rhythm three on the inbound. Dudes been looking like Ray Allen lately, damn near automatic when open, even well beyond the arc.

Joe might be the most clutch shooter on the planet the last few weeks. I watched Barngani miss two open looks to win against the Bulls, and couldn't help but think Joe wouldve buried either one: an elbow fifteen footer or rhythm three on the inbound. Dudes been looking like Ray Allen lately, damn near automatic when open, even well beyond the arc.

This is like "clutch hitting" in baseball to me. The data across the board shows that this is not sustainable. His "clutchiness" does not offset his generalized averageness in all other situations.

• Premium Member

It has been fun watching Joe come alive these last few weeks. I hope he's not peaking too early.

He started the season with a wrist injury then he had the knee tendinitis. In between those he's played at a high level. It is like last season when he was hurt his play was way down and when he was healthy it was back to being at a high level. I don't think he's peaking, we just need him to stay healthy.