• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I think it is time to take a deep Breath and realize....

DocWilkins

Chicago doesn't have this so called low post presence...neither does Miami or Oklahoma City

They are proving they do not need a low post presence. Just a couple of stars who can score at will against us will get it done more times than not.Chicago beat us easily without their MVP, that has to tell you something about the rest of their team...

• Moderators

Chicago doesn't have this so called low post presence...neither does Miami or Oklahoma City

It doesn't have to be low post scoring (but i'd argue you're better off if you have low post scoring come playoff time). You need scorers though. Boozer and Deng are better scorers than we have at the 3 and 4.

It doesn't have to be low post scoring (but i'd argue you're better off if you have low post scoring come playoff time). You need scorers though. Boozer and Deng are better scorers than we have at the 3 and 4.

If JJ is at the 3 that is debatable. But the combo of Deng, Boozer, and Noah is no contest. Those that say all we need is Al back are mistaken. The Bulls without Rose would give us a hard time if we were full strength. They are to big and to talented. Add in Rose and its a cake walk for Chicago when the playoff intensity picks up... Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

UHm...Boozer, Gibson, Asik, Noah. What part of that PHYSICAL Crew is not a presence. Understand that those guys don't have to score 50 points a game. They set picks and they play in the low post enough to get points when they need them.Miami doesn't have a strong post presence...But here's the thing.. if you have a slasher... you have a low post scorer (pseudo). Lebron and Wade finish at the rim about 80% of the time. However, their weakness is defensive teams with defensive bigs. If they meet up with the wrong team (NY, Chicago) in the playoffs, it could get interesting.OKC won't win. They like us, live by the three.The Teague factor is that Teague is a part time slasher. He doesn't have the confidence to be what we need him to be.

Hawks don't have Rose, Lebron, Wade, Durant, or Westbrook either.

We are not championship contenders, and probably can never be with LD, and ASG.

I would add this current roster to that list.We are simpy 2nd round contenders right now.

• 2 weeks later...

But Melo is considered to be a superstar by those that only look at scoring totals. Melo is a master at taking, and missing shots. But he shoots in high volume, so everyone thinks he is a great scorer. I would take Joe Johnson over Carmelo Anthony. Carmelo averages 0.88 PPP this year, while Joe Johnson averages 0.97 PPP. Joe is clearly a better player when you take into account his defense. At one point this season, Joe was holding his opposition to 0.57 PPP in isolation situations. That's very good defense. It doesn't make him worth his contract, but this guy isn't just a shot hog that scores his points because he shoots a high volume of shots.

Todays game is great example of why I would take Carmelo over Joe 7 days a week. He's lead his injured team to a win against the best defensive team in the league. I can't even remember when Joe dropped 40+ if ever...

The problem with Carmelo Anthony is that he is a high usage player who doesn't shoot the ball efficiently. Those of you who say that you would want him on this team only do so because you look at the box score and see the point totals he amasses. Carmelo is 5th in the league in usage, but he isn't even in the top 50 in true shooting percentage. He scores because he takes shots, and he hurts his team because he takes a lot of shots that he doesn't make. In particular, when his shot is not falling, Carmelo doesn't do much else on the court to help his team win. He's not a good rebounder. He's completely disinterested in playing defense. Basically, Carmelo is a modern day version of Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson.

Here's my thought in the matter. It's true we need an offensive goto guy... preferably in the post.However, against Chicago... come on.Those guys were money from three and they bashed our heads in on the boards.It speaks directly to our weakness...We lack a big man that is an offensive force.Even when we have Horf, he's good for rebounds, but offensively, he doesn't play in the low post and he's not consistent enough to make low post scoring something other teams have to defend.Going forward I would like to see us acquire a guy like Kaman.We also need better coaching.Where is Mike Fratello? We're still the same team we were 6 yrs ago because we still have the same coach. I know Woody is gone, but it's hard for an Assistant to come in and have that much of a different voice than his head. Especially when he was the coordinator of the offense.Where we need better coaching is in discipline and toughness.

If you are talking about the last time we played Chicago, we were pretty dead. Chances of covering the 3 point shooters considering what the schedule makers did to us and the injuries was unfair. It won't be that way in the playoffs with a healthy roster.

Carmelos teams have consistently made the playoffs with him as the #1 scoring option. He's had 4 All NBA selections and was hand picked for the Olympics. Coaches see what I see. I think sometimes people overanalyze stats especially the advanced stats. Especially when ts% doesn't even have Kobe as a top player.

Carmelos teams have consistently made the playoffs with him as the #1 scoring option. He's had 4 All NBA selections and was hand picked for the Olympics. Coaches see what I see. I think sometimes people overanalyze stats especially the advanced stats. Especially when ts% doesn't even have Kobe as a top player.

The advanced stats tell us a whole lot more than your typical box score stats that people pay too much attention to. Tell me this, if Carmelo is so good, then why didn't the Nuggets get drastically worse without him, and why didn't the Knicks get drastically better with him?