• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks @ Celtics: Tonight's Fiasco

Gray Mule

I wouldn't fault our guys too much. They played hard. But you gotta give it up to the other guys, particularly Rondo even in an awful shooting night. He told Doc he didn't want to come out (47 minutes) because the Hawks Are "one of the few teams that pressure their other guards" as he proceeded to mess around and drop another triple double and command the court as only he can. He's a much better player than any we have. Chalk it up and go on to the next one.

Way to go, man. Instead of trying to show me why am I wrong, you choose the name calling way.I wouldn't be surprised if you were Josh's mother.Welcome to Ignoreland!

I never intended to help you understand why you are wrong. You think its ok to call Josh an idiot but you clearly take offfense when someone else calls you an idiot! I dont agree with you nor do i think you are an idiot, just figured you would take the bait, and you did. Too easy.

I never intended to help you understand why you are wrong. You think its ok to call Josh an idiot but you clearly take offfense when someone else calls you an idiot! I dont agree with you nor do i think you are an idiot, just figured you would take the bait, and you did. Too easy.

First off there's no need for the personal insults. Now, do you approve of Josh's shot chart from last night? Do you disagree that he spent a large portion of the game, from the first possession on, barking at the refs? Dic said before the game he doesn't know why Josh plays right into their defensive game plan, which is to make him shoot long jumpers and Josh did it again last night. So how should we refer to Josh continuing to do exactly what the defense wants every single game against the Celtics this year? He had a solid game last night because the jumpers fell in the first half but he played like an idiot only taking 2-3 shots in the paint against a team with no inside defensive presence.

Listening to Tommy is always awful. He gets drunker and drunker as the game goes on. That, and I have never heard anyone as blatantly homer as him. I do not believe he said one thing decent about the Hawks from the 4th quarter on. And instead of acknowledging that Bass was last to touch the ball on the play they reviewed in overtime, Tommy only mentioned a snide comment like "what is it, 23 free throws to 13?"

Yeah, I caught that little cheap shot from Heinsohn too. Tell ya what, he is about un-listenable too at this point, as he absolutely does give an entirely new definition to the term 'homer'. Every single foul called against the Celtics is just a travesty before God himself, while he never mentions any of the questionable fouls which might be called against their opponents. He is so one-sided it's just ridiculous, he is borderline senile at this point, and the guy just needs put out to pasture.What's shocking to me is that you'd think a team like the Celtics would demand something better from their announcer than that, but Heinsohn is just an embarrassment anymore, and they allow that.

First off there's no need for the personal insults. Now, do you approve of Josh's shot chart from last night? Do you disagree that he spent a large portion of the game, from the first possession on, barking at the refs? Dic said before the game he doesn't know why Josh plays right into their defensive game plan, which is to make him shoot long jumpers and Josh did it again last night. So how should we refer to Josh continuing to do exactly what the defense wants every single game against the Celtics this year? He had a solid game last night because the jumpers fell in the first half but he played like an idiot only taking 2-3 shots in the paint against a team with no inside defensive presence.

No personal insults was my point.It was the most extreme game this year regarding the unbalanced shot selection for josh. It really made me think it was by design. Maybe as to not show the C's everything. Josh's inside game is so dominatimg that maybe the hawks want to save that in case we meet them in the playoffs. You can disagree all you want but you cant prove me totally wrong on this.

No personal insults was my point.

It was the most extreme game this year regarding the unbalanced shot selection for josh. It really made me think it was by design. Maybe as to not show the C's everything. Josh's inside game is so dominatimg that maybe the hawks want to save that in case we meet them in the playoffs. You can disagree all you want but you cant prove me totally wrong on this.

No way u believe this crap NO FREAKING WAY LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No personal insults was my point.It was the most extreme game this year regarding the unbalanced shot selection for josh. It really made me think it was by design. Maybe as to not show the C's everything. Josh's inside game is so dominatimg that maybe the hawks want to save that in case we meet them in the playoffs. You can disagree all you want but you cant prove me totally wrong on this.

Maybe I cannot prove you wrong but I can attempt to apply some logic. What you are implying is that we gave up on winning this game and getting better playoff position ( home court ) to try and fool the Celtics. The very team we may have just given home court advantage to....does doing that make sense to you?

Yeah, that's the problem. I'm not saying they went out and tried to lose. Hell, they should have won. But I'm sitting there watching the game thinking, man, nobody is going inside, nobody! Maybe they know something I don't? It's not probable, I know. But it wasn't just josh, nobody posted up anyone. Other than the few back door passes which worked pretty good there for a stretch.

• Premium Member

It was the most extreme game this year regarding the unbalanced shot selection for josh. It really made me think it was by design. Maybe as to not show the C's everything. Josh's inside game is so dominatimg that maybe the hawks want to save that in case we meet them in the playoffs. You can disagree all you want but you cant prove me totally wrong on this.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Calling Josh Smith or any player an idiot IS NOT a personal insult.

Yes I do. Because he 's an idiot who can't stop barking at the refs.

Calling another member of this site an idiot IS a personal insult.

After reading this post I think you are the idiot. Not Josh.

Now, regarding your theory here, which I'm sure you must see as being far-fetched, it doesn't work for me as we've seen Josh do this the entire season against the Celtics and last night was far and away his most successful game against them because he was hitting his jumper. There's zero chance that a team that draws up a play for Pargo to win or for Josh Smith to shoot a 3 to avoid losing are clever enough to try and hide our true abilities by not using them. Not that that is even clever anyway, but the point is valid.

And I can't prove you wrong? Doc specifically said before the game that they WANT Josh to sit outside and shoot jumpers and he's done it all season against them and he's been awful at it until last night and then was awful when it counted most last night. What is there to prove or disprove? The facts are that Josh is far more skilled at scoring inside than outside. The facts are that last night he shot an overwhelming majority of his shots outside. The facts are that Boston wants him to do that. The facts are that it backfired on him again. The facts are that we lost the game. Am I missing something?

Now, regarding your theory here, which I'm sure you must see as being far-fetched, it doesn't work for me as we've seen Josh do this the entire season against the Celtics and last night was far and away his most successful game against them because he was hitting his jumper. There's zero chance that a team that draws up a play for Pargo to win or for Josh Smith to shoot a 3 to avoid losing are clever enough to try and hide our true abilities by not using them. Not that that is even clever anyway, but the point is valid.

And I can't prove you wrong? Doc specifically said before the game that they WANT Josh to sit outside and shoot jumpers and he's done it all season against them and he's been awful at it until last night and then was awful when it counted most last night. What is there to prove or disprove? The facts are that Josh is far more skilled at scoring inside than outside. The facts are that last night he shot an overwhelming majority of his shots outside. The facts are that Boston wants him to do that. The facts are that it backfired on him again. The facts are that we lost the game. Am I missing something?

Sorry, I never meant to imply that it might be a good strategy and you make a good point about giving our coaching staff too much credit for cooking up any kind a strategy (good or bad). Again, I just thought that was such an odd performance on offense even for the Hawks. However, maybe it was just that Boston executed their game plan better.

Regarding the personal insult, I disagree. But whatever.

Regarding the personal insult, I disagree. But whatever.

So if someone calls a player an insult you feel like they are calling you that insult. And then that makes it ok for you to call the poster that insult. Correct me if this is wrong.

So if someone calls a player an insult you feel like they are calling you that insult. And then that makes it ok for you to call the poster that insult. Correct me if this is wrong.

NO. I didn't take it personal. I just feel there should be some respect for these players. Its just a game. Josh Smith may take terrible shots but it doesn't mean that overall he is an idiot. I should have chosen a different tactic to try and prove my point. 2 wrongs don't make a right. But I don't see a difference in players vs. members on this site. We are all equal and no one is perfect.

I'll take a shot. I've got a bone to pick with you and "the shot chart". Josh shot a 3 to end the game and missed. Prior to that point, he was 9 of 18, 50 %. Scored 20, had 11 boards and 5 assists and was +9 for the game (meaning we outscored Boston by 9 while he was in the game). The turnovers were a concern but once again, "Josh" isn't the reason we lost the game. The bench played a combined 76 minutes and scored 13 points total. JJ shot 5 of 17 (29.4%), 0-5 from 3. Pargo and Green a combined 0-8 and a -11 and -1. Marvin played 29 minutes and was a -17.

I'd call you a name but that's obviously off-limits. But seriously. Joe is 29% from the field 0-5 from 3 (again against a playoff team) and a non-factor the rest of the game. Marvin stunk, bench stunk, only Teague/Zaza really showed besides Josh. And what are you talking about? Shot charts on the guy who was 9 of 19 - 47.4%, or 50% before the last shot which was just desperation at that point.

Blame JJ, blame Marvin, blame the bench, Hinrich, but don't blame one of only 3 people who showed up and had a good game.

NO. I didn't take it personal. I just feel there should be some respect for these players. Its just a game. Josh Smith may take terrible shots but it doesn't mean that overall he is an idiot. I should have chosen a different tactic to try and prove my point. 2 wrongs don't make a right. But I don't see a difference in players vs. members on this site. We are all equal and no one is perfect.

Only conclusion YOU are josh Smith. Woah

I'll take a shot. I've got a bone to pick with you and "the shot chart". Josh shot a 3 to end the game and missed. Prior to that point, he was 9 of 18, 50 %. Scored 20, had 11 boards and 5 assists and was +9 for the game (meaning we outscored Boston by 9 while he was in the game). The turnovers were a concern but once again, "Josh" isn't the reason we lost the game. The bench played a combined 76 minutes and scored 13 points total. JJ shot 5 of 17 (29.4%), 0-5 from 3. Pargo and Green a combined 0-8 and a -11 and -1. Marvin played 29 minutes and was a -17.I'd call you a name but that's obviously off-limits. But seriously. Joe is 29% from the field 0-5 from 3 (again against a playoff team) and a non-factor the rest of the game. Marvin stunk, bench stunk, only Teague/Zaza really showed besides Josh. And what are you talking about? Shot charts on the guy who was 9 of 19 - 47.4%, or 50% before the last shot which was just desperation at that point.Blame JJ, blame Marvin, blame the bench, Hinrich, but don't blame one of only 3 people who showed up and had a good game.

You're making the false assumption that I'm blaming Josh for this loss, which I'm not. The bench was awful, JJ was awful, Teague had several bad turnovers, we got dominated on the boards, etc. But that doesn't mean that Josh is beyond reproach for his playing right into the hands of the defense and for refusing to give the ball up the PG or for not making the extra pass at the end to a wide open Teague.I don't give a damn if is Josh was 20-20 on his long jumpers, he's a PF and he should be shooting the overwhelming majority of his shots in the paint, because #1 he's far more likely to be successful from there and #2 it actually puts him in position to help us on the glass.

NO. I didn't take it personal. I just feel there should be some respect for these players. Its just a game. Josh Smith may take terrible shots but it doesn't mean that overall he is an idiot.I should have chosen a different tactic to try and prove my point. 2 wrongs don't make a right. But I don't see a difference in players vs. members on this site. We are all equal and no one is perfect.

The difference is we (all of us) interact with one another on a daily basis on here and we have to have some level or respect otherwise this place will turn back into the zoo it used to be. Should the players have more respect from members here, yeah in some cases they should, but these are sports forums and we're all here to bitch about or brag about the players / coaches / management / ownership but we're not here to attack fellow members.Anyway I think we all understand now so let's get back to the topic(s) at hand and let's all just get along!