• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks @ Celtics: Tonight's Fiasco

Gray Mule

• Premium Member

I must 1st commend the team for playing some tough hard nosed defense in the 4th quarter and over-time! This game only proves to me that if the Hawks want to stop Boston, they can do it at anytime. Many of Boston's points later in the game came off off silly turnovers ot a couple long jumpers from KG. So I don't agree with Diesel...I think that Boston is tailor made for us because we definitely have the superior athletes at each position. We played about as dumb down the stretch as you could play and still only lost by 2 in over-time on the road. For example, Jeff Teague could not be stopped in the 1st 3 1/2 quarters until someone from our team told him to just bring the ball across mid court and hand it to Joe to dribble out the clock and fire up a brick. I don't know whether it was coaching or the players that decided to take this coarse but if we continued what we started in the 1st 3 quarters, we would have won easily. I hope Drew can reach this team before the beginning of the playoff like Thibbido has reached the Bulls. I would fear noone if we started playing as a team like those boys in Chicago because we have as much talent as anyone in the league.

Edited by Peoriabird

I'll take a shot. I've got a bone to pick with you and "the shot chart". Josh shot a 3 to end the game and missed. Prior to that point, he was 9 of 18, 50 %. Scored 20, had 11 boards and 5 assists and was +9 for the game (meaning we outscored Boston by 9 while he was in the game). The turnovers were a concern but once again, "Josh" isn't the reason we lost the game. The bench played a combined 76 minutes and scored 13 points total. JJ shot 5 of 17 (29.4%), 0-5 from 3. Pargo and Green a combined 0-8 and a -11 and -1. Marvin played 29 minutes and was a -17.I'd call you a name but that's obviously off-limits. But seriously. Joe is 29% from the field 0-5 from 3 (again against a playoff team) and a non-factor the rest of the game. Marvin stunk, bench stunk, only Teague/Zaza really showed besides Josh. And what are you talking about? Shot charts on the guy who was 9 of 19 - 47.4%, or 50% before the last shot which was just desperation at that point.Blame JJ, blame Marvin, blame the bench, Hinrich, but don't blame one of only 3 people who showed up and had a good game.

The problem you have with JJ is legit and what I liked about the play was it took him out of it while also taking two defenders with him. The problem with Josh taking that shot is just as legit when he has two open players at the three point line and they both shoot better than him from that range. 7 seconds left with that going on is only desperation if he panicked, which is also known as choke. If you don't understand this logic about Smoove then its only because you don't want too.Did Josh lose the game? Absolutely not. Did he make a boneheaded decision based on selfishness or pure panick, you bet your ass he did.

You're making the false assumption that I'm blaming Josh for this loss, which I'm not. The bench was awful, JJ was awful, Teague had several bad turnovers, we got dominated on the boards, etc. But that doesn't mean that Josh is beyond reproach for his playing right into the hands of the defense and for refusing to give the ball up the PG or for not making the extra pass at the end to a wide open Teague.I don't give a damn if is Josh was 20-20 on his long jumpers, he's a PF and he should be shooting the overwhelming majority of his shots in the paint, because #1 he's far more likely to be successful from there and #2 it actually puts him in position to help us on the glass.

When Al comes back, will you stand for no more jumpers for AL? Zaza? Radman?

What's funny is all the haters like to bash Josh for the last few second 3 pointer, but yet knows if the was a play drawn up by LD? Better yet, without Josh we wouldn't even came close to winning that game. Posted Image

Edited by AHawks89

• Premium Member

What's funny is all the haters like to bash Josh for the last few second 3 pointer, but yet knows if the was a play drawn up by LD? Better yet, without Josh we wouldn't even came close to winning that game. Posted Image

I'm less upset about the last 10 seconds of the game than I am the last half of the 4th and over time. Somebody told Jeff Teague to shut it down and people saw Josh Smith over on the side line yelling at Jeff Teague.

I'm less upset about the last 10 seconds of the game than I am the last half of the 4th and over time. Somebody told Jeff Teague to shut it down and people saw Josh Smith over on the side line yelling at Jeff Teague.

Someone has to be the leader.

See, here's the deal. I think the 3 at the end is a bonehead play. I have no problem with calling it like it is. He should have tried to create there, not shoot with 5 seconds left. There was time. It was a stupid hero play. My contention is 7 missed free throws, Marvin/Joe/Pargo/Green deserve way more hate. If Pargo/Green make just one shot in regulation, the game ends in regulation. If Joe isn't 5-17 but shoots a reasonable percentage, the game is over. There is one play in particular that stands out to me.

end of first quarter, Joe gets a long pass on a breakaway. He's challenged. It's a gimme foul draw, the player is sailing by him. Joe shy's away from the contact and tries to go under the basket for a reverse and hits the bottom of the iron. He could have got an and-1 and instead the ball went the other way for a 2. 5 point turnaround because Joe doesn't do contact at the rim.

• Like 1

The problem is Teague had been our most efficient scorer in that game and to shut him down only to replace his production with a brick mason is retarded.

What was Josh's FG%? Who had the most rebounds? How many assist did Josh have? How many important fouls did Josh draw? Without Josh, we wouldn't even be in the game.

The problem is Teague had been our most efficient scorer in that game and to shut him down only to replace his production with a brick mason is retarded.

With Teague's ability to get to the front of the rim, I surely hope that next year we transition to JT0 creating off the dribble with less than 10 seconds on the clock then motion creating a jump shot for Joe, Josh. (hey look, my first LD criticism of the year).

See, here's the deal. I think the 3 at the end is a bonehead play. I have no problem with calling it like it is. He should have tried to create there, not shoot with 5 seconds left. There was time. It was a stupid hero play. My contention is 7 missed free throws, Marvin/Joe/Pargo/Green deserve way more hate. If Pargo/Green make just one shot in regulation, the game ends in regulation. If Joe isn't 5-17 but shoots a reasonable percentage, the game is over. There is one play in particular that stands out to me.end of first quarter, Joe gets a long pass on a breakaway. He's challenged. It's a gimme foul draw, the player is sailing by him. Joe shy's away from the contact and tries to go under the basket for a reverse and hits the bottom of the iron. He could have got an and-1 and instead the ball went the other way for a 2. 5 point turnaround because Joe doesn't do contact at the rim.

Agreed 100%.

• Premium Member

What was Josh's FG%? Who had the most rebounds? How many assist did Josh have? How many important fouls did Josh draw? Without Josh, we wouldn't even be in the game.

What are you talking about? Jeff Teague was 8-12 from the field 1-1 from 3's and 4-4 from the ft line. Josh Smith was 9-19 and Joe was 5-17. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out who was the most efficient scorer.

What are you talking about? Jeff Teague was 8-12 from the field 1-1 from 3's and 4-4 from the ft line. Josh Smith was 9-19 and Joe was 5-17. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out who was the most efficient scorer.

I forgot that scoring is the only thing that matters. f***!!!

• Premium Member

I forgot that scoring is the only thing that matters. f***!!!

Dude stop being defensive about Josh Smith for a second! Eveything has to be someone vs Josh Smith. I'm not comparing Jeff teague to Josh Smith so chill on this Josh Smith had better stats crap. The point that I am making is that Teague should have been the 1st option in the 4th and ove-time instead of being used like Mike Bibby was used while in Atlanta. Having Jeff bring the ball passed half court only to hand it off to joe to finish building his Atlanta home in the 4th and in over-time was the biggest reason we lost to the Celtics on Wednesday.

When Josh leads the league in shooting from 16-23' I'll stop complaining about him taking those shots. Until then he needs to park his butt in the paint. Same goes for Zaza and I'm fine with Radman shooting 3's as he's always been a 3pt shooter.It honestly baffles me how some of you are defending one of the worst long range 2pt jump shooter in the league (33% this season from 16-2 ft) taking those long 2's and even 3's for that matter. There was a brief period where he was shooting about 35% from 3 but not anymore and that's just not acceptable. In April he's shooting 20% from 3 and since the All-Star break he's actually gone down and he's shooting 27% from 3.

The difference is Al's shooting % is close to 50%, Rad is a shooter, Zaza's jumpers are no more than 10 feet and those a very few, Zaza stays in the paint where he belongs. All we are asking is for Josh to play to what his strenth is - inside where he gets points or goes to the foul line.

The difference is Al's shooting % is close to 50%, Rad is a shooter, Zaza's jumpers are no more than 10 feet and those a very few, Zaza stays in the paint where he belongs. All we are asking is for Josh to play to what his strenth is - inside where he gets points or goes to the foul line.

No, the basis of his argument is that jumpers aren't his job based on position.

No, the basis of his argument is that jumpers aren't his job based on position.

Umm thanks for trying to tell me what my argument is but you're incorrect. The basis of my argument is that jumpers aren't his job based on the fact that he sucks at them. The fact that he's a PF is simply icing on the cake.