• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The teams we don't want and why

Buzzard

Here are teams I think we do not want and the reason is basic. Rebounding wins championships and here are the teams that rank above us in rebounding difference vs opponents. In case you are wondering, we rank 22nd in this category and 23rd in rebounds per game...ChicagoIndianaMiamiNY76ersOrlando is the only top team in this category I left off and it seems we have their number now. Boston ranks below us but you would never know that by our last game.

Im not scared of Indiana, NY, or the 76ers. Ideally id love a 1st round matchup with orlando if we can get the 3 and them stay at the 6. But with Dwight out the rest of the reg. season i dont see it happening. I would welcome a Boston matchup with the seeding staying the same because if we advance, I would much rather face a Bulls team with a hopefully a not 100% DRose over the Miami big 3.

Im not scared of Indiana, NY, or the 76ers. Ideally id love a 1st round matchup with orlando if we can get the 3 and them stay at the 6. But with Dwight out the rest of the reg. season i dont see it happening. I would welcome a Boston matchup with the seeding staying the same because if we advance, I would much rather face a Bulls team with a hopefully a not 100% DRose over the Miami big 3.

I think all three, Indiana, NY, or the 76ers, of these teams are scary for us. Not only do they obviously hit the boards better than us but they have some serious offensive fire power.Orlando and Boston look to be our best matchups but watch out for Boston if we let Bass look like a beast again...Bucks would be a good matchup also but they are being pushed for the 8th spot so I don't see that happening.

To be the best you have to beat the best. i don't like these threads about who we want to avoid and who we should be afraid of. we are not the 1# seed in the conference. Respect will only come through beating the teams ahead of us. If you can't beat any team that is in your path then you don't deserve to be a champion or a true contender.

To be the best you have to beat the best. i don't like these threads about who we want to avoid and who we should be afraid of. we are not the 1# seed in the conference. Respect will only come through beating the teams ahead of us. If you can't beat any team that is in your path then you don't deserve to be a champion or a true contender.

I agree with the premise that you have to beat who ever is in front of you 100%. I am even more extreme than most in that I prefer a 1st round loss over a 2nd. Better pick and maybe that would light a fire under the ASG to make a big move instead of one or two small ones during the off season. Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Orlando still has about a 3 game lead over Philly and 3.5 over NY. Sure, there are about 12 more games left, but it's hard to make up 3 games. We just have to take care of business. But we are 2.5 back of INdy. For us, getting 3rd will be difficult because INdy is streaking.It seems like we're destined to play Boston and get the winner of the Chicago/X game.

• Premium Member

That's true in Wrestling but not in basketball . Basketball is about matchups. Some teams just matchup better against other teams. Last year, had Miami played Orlando in the first round, Miami would have been going home... Instead, Orlando got us. We're a bad matchup for them. Similarly, we're weak against Philly. Have been since they got Brand.

• Premium Member

I agree with the premise that you have to beat who ever is in front of you 100%. I am even more extreme than most in that I prefer a 1st round loss over a 2nd. Better pick and maybe that would light a fire under the ASG to make a big move instead of one or two small ones during the off season.

Sorry Buzzard, but we don't get a better pick from losing in the playoffs. We only get put out. I would rather see us lose in the finals than in the first round. I understand you saying that ASG needs motivation to change but the truth is that if we get that far, other teams will take note and send us better deals.

Sorry Buzzard, but we don't get a better pick from losing in the playoffs. We only get put out. I would rather see us lose in the finals than in the first round. I understand you saying that ASG needs motivation to change but the truth is that if we get that far, other teams will take note and send us better deals.

I am not saying I will be rooting for us to lose. But yes, I get this. We do not get a better pick. Same pick for the end of season standings I guess?