• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hypothetical...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I wouldn't be opposed to trade Horf for a legit center and other need, but we'd have a one and done team. I'm not sure I'd like to let Josh's contract expire as we would lose him for nothing for sure. Unless, of course, the team made the Finals next season.

I wouldn't be opposed to trade Horf for a legit center and other need, but we'd have a one and done team. I'm not sure I'd like to let Josh's contract expire as we would lose him for nothing for sure. Unless, of course, the team made the Finals next season.

I understand what you're saying, but I was replying to the topic.

• Premium Member

Neither Al or Josh is a #1 option on any playoff NBA team. Put a superstar on this team and who would you rather have out of Horford and Smoove? Smoove in my opinion. Smooves brings way much more to the table. Al has one thing over Josh and that's consistent jump shot. Other than that? I have no clue.But I know Al could not do what Josh has done this season, nor carry this team like Josh has had to do this season. Funny thing is everytime you bring up Horford, Josh gets thrown in. It's always the same group of posters doing it too. But anyways, of course I would trade Al if we made it that far (depending on the trade). Hands down.

And how do you know Al couldn't do what Josh has done if not better? Josh had never performed at this level until he was placed in a position (for an extended period) to do so. That's an opportunity Horford's never had. So, again, how do you know that to be true? Also, Josh does everything better than Horf? Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may be), but hasn't Horf led this team in rebounding every year since he got here until this year (when he got hurt)?

And how do you know Al couldn't do what Josh has done if not better? Josh had never performed at this level until he was placed in a position (for an extended period) to do so. That's an opportunity Horford's never had. So, again, how do you know that to be true? Also, Josh does everything better than Horf? Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may be), but hasn't Horf led this team in rebounding every year since he got here until this year (when he got hurt)?

Are you arguing that Horford is the best all around player, and would def be able to carry this team? Al could possibly do it, but I highly doubt it. And again, I hate going to an Horford thread knowing it's going to be a debate between the two.So back on topic, if we made it to the ECF, would you try and trade Horford?

• Premium Member

Are you arguing that Horford is the best all around player, and would def be able to carry this team? Al could possibly do it, but I highly doubt it. And again, I hate going to an Horford thread knowing it's going to be a debate between the two.So back on topic, if we made it to the ECF, would you try and trade Horford?

I'm not arguing who is or isn't the best all-around player. I'm simply stating facts. We don't know if Al could or couldn't do it because he's never had the chance.As far as the question, for me the goal is to win the title, not just make it to the ECF. I would trade anybody if it meant making the TEAM a consistent and legitimate NBA title contender not just for a year, but years.

I'm not arguing who is or isn't the best all-around player. I'm simply stating facts. We don't know if Al could or couldn't do it because he's never had the chance.

As far as the question, for me the goal is to win the title, not just make it to the ECF. I would trade anybody if it meant making the TEAM a consistent and legitimate NBA title contender not just for a year, but years.

This thing is, we know Josh can and has done it this season.

Agreed. If it was Josh, Joe, Al, or anyone else on the team that needs to be traded in order to make this team a title tender. I just want this team to win titles regardless who it takes to go. Posted Image

Edited by AHawks89

I was responding to the topic. He didn't mention Josh, he was speaking of Al Horford. Like I said, if we made that far without Al of course I would trade Al. I don't understand how anyone wouldn't.You make it this far without a certain player that hardly played, and you just imagine how much the team could improve if you could use him as trade bait to bring in a legit center and other needs. It's like you made it to the ECF, and then during off season you just add 2-3 players for fre (meaning we didn't have Al all season).

I guess Memphis should have traded Rudy Gay because they beat San Antonio in the first round last year without him or LA should have traded Bynum when they got to the finals with a limited and injured Bynum.

I guess Memphis should have traded Rudy Gay because they beat San Antonio in the first round last year without him or LA should have traded Bynum when they got to the finals with a limited and injured Bynum.

Did Memphis make it to the WCF? I forget.I'm pretty sure that Bynum played more games than Horford that season, depending what Final you're speaking of. Also.. We don't have a Kobe on here. Sorry JBH, we just don't.And I think you're trying to pick out any type of argument you can think of right now. Just stop.

• Premium Member

This thing is, we know Josh can and has done it this season.

Agreed. If it was Josh, Joe, Al, or anyone else on the team that needs to be traded in order to make this team a title tender. I just want this team to win titles regardless who it takes to go. Posted Image

Agreed. I don't care about the name on the back of the jersey anywhere near as much as the one on the front.

I wouldn't do anything with Horford until we know what Smoove's status is going forward. If Josh can't or won't be re-signed, then I'd like to keep Horford as one of the pieces we can build (or rebuild) around. But if we can sign Smoove to an extension, then yeah, at that point why not investigate all possibilities, including trading Al if we get a killer offer?