• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rondo should be suspended

capstone21

He may have tripped but he did still bump the ref with his chest intentionally. If he is not suspended then Stern is a phony - no contact with the ref that is the rule.So far in the playoffs, the refs are handing out techs for arguing calls and such - Kobe, Melo, CP3 also got one. Seems like a memo got sent to the refs to come out with the techs early and often to get the arguing calls under control.Josh Smith - beware, no arguing calls.

I do think the chest bump is intentional. I do think he will be suspended for 1 game. He was already suspended earlier this year and Stern has a ZERO tolerance policy on this kind of thing. However on a personal opinion, I do not believe he should be suspended.

It was a complete joke to hear the TNT guys saying "oh, he tripped", "incidental contact". You know Kenny admitted he's rooting for the Celtics to win, but have some level of professionalism why don't ya. Anyway, Rondo should definitely be suspended, but the Hawks can't worry about that. They've got to worry about getting three more wins.

They were joking during that part of the show. Barkley was laughing and saying how nobody but a fool would believe he tripped into him and it was accidental. Shaq just kept trying to be an idiot saying he was bracing himself while falling, he was laughing while trying to say it.

• Moderators
Hahaha, my goodness, that poll is a total sham! Change 'Rondo' to 'Teague' and the numbers would be completely flipped.

Did anybody hear anything like an apology from Ragin' Rondo in that postgame interview? Did he ever try to go and apologize after the game? Did we not see the taunting glare after the "trip"? And was that glare not identical to the one in the February game in Detroit (a two-game suspension by the way), after he hurled the ball at the ref?

~lw3

• Moderators

AHF, usually you are one of the least biased posters on here. With Kentucky players, it is not even close. You defend them to the death! That should give some real good perspective here, because I think you believe that Rondo should be suspended. He made contact. Game over. Anything else is pure bullshit.

I do think Rondo intentionally made contact. He wasn't making any kind of sign that "I can't believe this! I am so sorry - that wasn't what I meant." I would be curious with the UK players to see how often I have been wildly off the mark due to my bias. Some of the arguments I have had with people on here where I was defending UK players (like saying Rondo could end up being a very talented NBA point guard) haven't turned out to be too far off the money. I still love Rondo as a player, but you have to recognize if you are coaching him that has maturity issues at times and gets frustrated enough to lash out. That happened again last night.

Exactly. He stalked the ref. With Rose's injury I don't think they suspend him. Any one with eyes could see he bumped his chest out after the "trip". Let's not forget his history either.

• Moderators

I sure wasn't expecting anything more than 1 game given that we are talking about one of Boston's best players. This isn't the Phoenix Suns or Atlanta Hawks we are talking about.