[*]No Al

[*]No Zaza

[*]Jason Collins fouls out

[*]Josh Smith goes out hurt

[*]Marvin was useless

[*]Bench was useless

[*]Joe chucking up stupid 3's

[*]LD not changing the offense up

Hard to win against a veteran team facing all of the personnel losses, let alone making stupid play after stupid play.

The Hawks are playing in the wrong city. This place is starting to look like the Alamo.

We were winning when Jason Collins fouled out. That was key turning point. Josh Smith going out was the icing on the cake.

well i kind of ffaultdrew for that we have another stiff sitting on the bench over their that we never used , is he that bad. what did we get him for if we cant play him.

Win Josh went out we were 2pts down. Once they said Josh just went to the locker room... What did you say, "We can still win this or That's it, we won't win"?

My bet is that you said, "we won't win." Posted Image

It does not matter who goes out. We are already down our starting and backup center, so losing anyone gives the Cs a better chance to win, but losing JJ or Smoove obviously makes it easier. This guy acting like it is brain surgery to figure that out just makes me roll my eyes at the quality of NBA coverage these days. Or more aptly put, the lack of...

Boston won this game without their starting PG and SG. We lost this game without our starting Center. Josh going out should not have led to a complete collapse if we were playing a inferior opponent. Add more fuel to the flame, we also lost without our backup Center but the Cs lost without their backup power forward for those of you that have forgotten about Jeff Green.

Tit for tat, we are not very good if we cannot beat a extremely depleted Celtics team and it shows every time we play a over .500 team.

The sad thing is.. We are one of the veteran teams in the league now, but majority of the time we play like a team full of rookies.

Josh had one of the worst games last night. Ignore the numbers, he contributed to a lot of lost possessions last night.That being said, we can't win without him.

• Premium Member

Boston won this game without their starting PG and SG. We lost this game without our starting Center. Josh going out should not have led to a complete collapse if we were playing a inferior opponent. Add more fuel to the flame, we also lost without our backup Center but the Cs lost without their backup power forward for those of you that have forgotten about Jeff Green.Tit for tat, we are not very good if we cannot beat a extremely depleted Celtics team and it shows every time we play a over .500 team.

Correction.We lost this game without our starting C and Both Backups. Then on top of that, Josh went out.Show me a team that has beaten a playoff calibre team with 4 frontcourt players gone.Let's come to this understanding... If we were totally healthy, we would Pummel the Celtics.I dont see horf not hitting the free throw line shot that Collins keep passing up.I don't see us not dominating the rebouds with Horf, Zaza, Josh, out thereLast night I looked up after Collins left and the tallest guy we had was 6'8.

Correction.We lost this game without our starting C and Both Backups. Then on top of that, Josh went out.Show me a team that has beaten a playoff calibre team with 4 frontcourt players gone.Let's come to this understanding... If we were totally healthy, we would Pummel the Celtics.I dont see horf not hitting the free throw line shot that Collins keep passing up.I don't see us not dominating the rebouds with Horf, Zaza, Josh, out thereLast night I looked up after Collins left and the tallest guy we had was 6'8.

You cannot discount the fact that we were down one starter for the whole game and one starter for just a partial, they were down two starters for the whole game who have made all star games. Like I said .... tit for tat. We have never played well in the playoffs and it always goes to our starters poor shooting. Some, or should I say most, call that choking! Edited by Buzzard

You cannot discount the fact that we were down one starter for the whole game and one starter for just a partial, they were down two starters for the whole game who have made all star games. Like I said .... tit for tat. We have never played well in the playoffs and it always goes to our starters poor shooting. Some, or should I say most, call that choking!

They have 4 All-Stars when they're healthy. We have 2, plus a borderline guy in Josh. We had 1 plus Josh (which I'll go ahead and refer to as 2 All-Stars) and they had 2 with Ray and Rondo out. We were also missing our 2nd and 3rd string center and then lost our best player and other All-Star, leaving us with no centers and only 1 All-Star while Boston still had 2 All-Stars and a near 7 footer to rely on plus a supporting cast at least as good as Atlanta has if not better.

They have 4 All-Stars when they're healthy. We have 2, plus a borderline guy in Josh. We had 1 plus Josh (which I'll go ahead and refer to as 2 All-Stars) and they had 2 with Ray and Rondo out. We were also missing our 2nd and 3rd string center and then lost our best player and other All-Star, leaving us with no centers and only 1 All-Star while Boston still had 2 All-Stars and a near 7 footer to rely on plus a supporting cast at least as good as Atlanta has if not better.

That is my point and why the media favors Boston. Even down two starters they still equal us in the number of all-stars. So what is your point here?

That is my point and why the media favors Boston. Even down two starters they still equal us in the number of all-stars. So what is your point here?

It sounds to me like you're claiming we've had equal losses and that what remained was equal. I absolutely do not see either of those things being accurate. Am I incorrect in what I took from your post?

It sounds to me like you're claiming we've had equal losses and that what remained was equal. I absolutely do not see either of those things being accurate. Am I incorrect in what I took from your post?

I think they had more minutes missed by starters than we did yet we are crying about what we lost. That is my point. Man up or go home. Boston manned up!

I think they had more minutes missed by starters than we did yet we are crying about what we lost. That is my point. Man up or go home. Boston manned up!

Atlanta had the most games and minutes missed by players in the entire league this season. My point is that even without Rondo and Allen it's very arguable that Pierce/KG > JJ/Smith and it's absolutely true that Pierce/KG >>> JJ. I suppose that you disagree with 1 or both of those statements though.

I'm just going to give a tally for both teams' missing players.Atlanta: Horford, Zaza, Josh*Boston: Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Wilcox, Jeff Green, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo*Stop the excuses, just play.

How about give a tally of what each team has LEFT, since that's more accurate of a reflection of the current ability of each team. I'd argue that Boston STILL has more talent than we do, despite their losses.

Atlanta had the most games and minutes missed by players in the entire league this season. My point is that even without Rondo and Allen it's very arguable that Pierce/KG > JJ/Smith and it's absolutely true that Pierce/KG >>> JJ. I suppose that you disagree with 1 or both of those statements though.

I am not arguing about that at all. I am arguing about some of us here crying about losing Josh for five minutes when they lost Rondo for a whole game. Like Mace says, play ball .... we are starting to sound like Paul Pierce here!

I'm just going to give a tally for both teams' missing players.

Atlanta: Horford, Zaza, Josh*

Boston: Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Wilcox, Jeff Green, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo*

Stop the excuses, just play.

And let's look at what each team did lose.

Boston

Rondo - 12 ppg / 5 rpg / 0 bpg / 12 apg

O'Neal - 5 ppg / 5 rpg / 2 bpg / .5 apg

Wilcox - 5 ppg / 4 rpg / .5 bpg / .5 apg

Green - 10 ppg / 3 rpg / .5 bpg / 1.5 apg (2011 BOS stats)

Totals - 32 ppg / 17 rpg / 3 bpg / 14.5 apg

-----------

Atlanta

Zaza - 8 ppg / 8 rpg / .5 bpg / 1.5 apg

*Smith - 19 ppg / 10 rpg / 2 bpg / 4 apg

Horford - 15 ppg / 9 rpg / 1 bpg / 4 apg (2011 stats)

Totals - 42 ppg / 27 rpg / 3.5 bpg / 9.5 apg

*Smith and Rondo pretty much cancel each other out, although the Celtics felt the loss more since Rondo missed the whole game.

----------

Adjusting the stats for Josh to take away 1 quarter of play - (rough adjustment)

Smith - 5 ppg / 2.5 rpg / .5 bpg / 1 apg

Adjusted ATL Totals - 28 ppg / 19.5 rpg / 2 bpg / 6.5 apg

BOS Totals - 32 ppg / 17.0 rpg / 3 bpg / 14.5 apg

The only significant difference is in assists lost for Boston and they had 14 team assists vs 21 team assists in game 1..

I am not arguing about that at all. I am arguing about some of us here crying about losing Josh for five minutes when they lost Rondo for a whole game. Like Mace says, play ball .... we are starting to sound like Paul Pierce here!

We lost the game when JaCo went out. We might have come back had Josh played the rest of the game but I doubt it.I agree that we need to just play the game but I'm getting tired of hearing about the losses Boston had to play through while people act like Atlanta hasn't had just as much, if not more losses.

And let's look at what each team did lose.

Boston

Rondo - 12 ppg / 5 rpg / 0 bpg / 12 apg

O'Neal - 5 ppg / 5 rpg / 2 bpg / .5 apg

Wilcox - 5 ppg / 4 rpg / .5 bpg / .5 apg

Green - 10 ppg / 3 rpg / .5 bpg / 1.5 apg (2011 BOS stats)

Totals - 32 ppg / 17 rpg / 3 bpg / 14.5 apg

-----------

Atlanta

Zaza - 8 ppg / 8 rpg / .5 bpg / 1.5 apg

*Smith - 19 ppg / 10 rpg / 2 bpg / 4 apg

Horford - 15 ppg / 9 rpg / 1 bpg / 4 apg (2011 stats)

Totals - 42 ppg / 27 rpg / 3.5 bpg / 9.5 apg

*Smith and Rondo pretty much cancel each other out, although the Celtics felt the loss more since Rondo missed the whole game.

----------

Adjusting the stats for Josh to take away 1 quarter of play - (rough adjustment)

Smith - 5 ppg / 2.5 rpg / .5 bpg / 1 apg

Adjusted ATL Totals - 28 ppg / 19.5 rpg / 2 bpg / 6.5 apg

BOS Totals - 32 ppg / 17.0 rpg / 3 bpg / 14.5 apg

The only significant difference is in assists lost for Boston and they had 14 team assists vs 21 team assists in game 1..

Where is Ray Allen?