• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is it time to turn the reigns over to Jeff Teague?

Wurider05

Bottom 5 starting PG's:D. CollisonTeagueKembaSessionsChalmers

What Jeff needs to work on before "the reins" are his.Jeff needs a pull up jumper of 15-18 feet. Enough to make middle defenders have to step up into him. He can't just go to the basket every time.Jeff needs better decision making between 15 feet to the basket. Far too often Jeff just goes to the rim and tries to score forgetting he should be drawing and dishing 70% of the time. His offense at the basket is a threat, not option 1. Twice last game Jeff split the D at 20 feet, got into the middle of the lane. 1 went for a basket, 1 did not. The second was a basket if he dropped it off after Garnett challenged.Jeff needs to work on his release on his deep, midrange jumper and he should be sleeping with a Ray Allen highlight video playing on tv while he dozes. Jeff's hands flare straight out, the wrist is flat, the elbow moving forward through the release. The ball is not rotating for shooters touch or arc out of his hands due to this.Jeff needs to work on his form shooting free throws. He is too quick and direct in free throw shooting. See above. Not enough arc, touch, wrist is flat, elbow is projecting forward.If Teague improves in these 4 areas, IMO he could be a top 3 point in the league. If he doesn't, he'll be a backup in 3-5 years when the speed normalizes.

There is no f**king way he could be a top 3 PG in the NBA ever. I don't even think he is good enough to be middle of the pack.

If only the hawks were as resilient as the braves are..CHIPPER JONES IS A BADASSmight not be appropriate for this feed.. but that was intense haha

• Like 1

While I would admit that Jeff Teague has grown as a player by leaps and bounds from where he was last year at this time (getting few minutes)...let's be realistic.

Jeff Teague was taken at the #19 pick...he was the 7th point guard taken in the draft. Others taken before him were:

Ricky Rubio - Spain

Johnny Flynn - Syracuse

Stephen Curry - Davidson

Brandon Jennings - Italy

Jrue Holliday - UCLA

Ty Lawson - UNC

Ricky Rubio - Spain - HOME

Johnny Flynn - Syracuse -HOME

Stephen Curry - Davidson - HOME

Brandon Jennings - Italy - HOME

Jrue Holliday - UCLA - PLAYOFFS

Ty Lawson - UNC - PLAYOFFS

Teague's draft selection has nothing to do with wether or not he should be initiating the offense. What we are doing is not working, we keep doing the same thing expecting a different result - definition of insanity.

Bottom 5 starting PG's:D. CollisonTeagueKembaSessionsChalmers

LOL you base that on what?Teague is currently among PG's10th in Scoring, 16th in assists,16th in rebounds4th in steals,Meanwhile 15 starting point guards have more turnovers than he does.2nd in blocksHis team has the 4th best record in the east without Horford and the rest of our issues. 1st full year as a starter.Yes, I am confident in saying that if he worked on the 4 things above, he could be top 3 and if not he would be a backup in 3-5 years. There is nothing controversial about that statement whatsoever. However, your opinion that he sucks doesn't make him sucking be fact.

He is in a PG dominate system with the ball in his hands a lot. He been given more shots than most PG's. I don't take stats all that serious when I watch the games and he looks average more times than not. There are so many PG's who are better than Teague and will always be better than Teague. He is not 10th in scoring. WTF kind of numbers are you posting. He is not even in the top 17 in that category. In fact most of the shit you posted is wrong. Man, if you don't stop wasting my time talking about this nobody. KG was right, Teague is a nobody. A clown. A scrub. He didn't lead this team, he was just a part of it. If we had a real PG or one who was really good, we would actually be contenders. He nothing more than Anthony Johnson in Indiana for the Pacers in his prime. An average player in a ball dominate system. Darrell Armstrong lite.

Why not? Your all star shooting guard is just that. A shooting guard not a point. Also, judging by what this young man did in the playoffs against the league MVP and the progress he's made this year basically being a rookie, I'd say he's earned the opportunity. And how many times do we have to see that when Teague is allowed to have the ball in transition, good things happen? Afterall, the Hawks have made the 17th pick in the draft, who happens to be a tweener 3/4, one of their top two options on offense. A guy who still doesn't play the game efficiently on the offensive end after eight years.

OMG, OMg. Omg...are you nuts?The guy simply isn't that good.

Teague is a few years too late. Teague would have looked better 4 or 5 years ago, but the PG spot is deep now. It's a position with depth and Teague doesn't really compare to the top PG's in the league.

I think he is on the border of "comparing" Hot.

He is in a PG dominate system with the ball in his hands a lot. He been given more shots than most PG's. I don't take stats all that serious when I watch the games and he looks average more times than not. There are so many PG's who are better than Teague and will always be better than Teague. He is not 10th in scoring. WTF kind of numbers are you posting. He is not even in the top 17 in that category. In fact most of the shit you posted is wrong. Man, if you don't stop wasting my time talking about this nobody. KG was right, Teague is a nobody. A clown. A scrub. He didn't lead this team, he was just a part of it. If we had a real PG or one who was really good, we would actually be contenders. He nothing more than Anthony Johnson in Indiana for the Pacers in his prime. An average player in a ball dominate system. Darrell Armstrong lite.

It is not wrong. Here: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/byposition?pos=PGTell me I'm wrong again. You seriously are hard to deal with. Filter by PG....then click any category, count down from the top till you see Teague.

It is not wrong. Here: http://sports.yahoo....position?pos=PGTell me I'm wrong again. You seriously are hard to deal with. Filter by PG....then click any category, count down from the top till you see Teague.

NBA Superstar is a superstar. Don't ask him to count! Have you not learned anything :) Back on topic. Teague could make a all star game just as Devin Harris did if he continues to improve.

But again...Between 4th and 16 in every category...top5 in FG %, etc. He's a top 15 point guard right now by the numbers. It is not a stretch on my part to say if he worked on those 4 previously mentioned categories that he could be top 3. Improved outside shot, better free throws would up his personal and team scoring, better decision making within 15 feet (ie eyes up) would increase team scoring and lower team t/o improving our win% as a team. Sometimes I wonder if you even read other people's posts before responding.

But again...Between 4th and 16 in every category...top5 in FG %, etc. He's a top 15 point guard right now by the numbers. It is not a stretch on my part to say if he worked on those 4 previously mentioned categories that he could be top 3. Improved outside shot, better free throws would up his personal and team scoring, better decision making within 15 feet (ie eyes up) would increase team scoring and lower team t/o improving our win% as a team. Sometimes I wonder if you even read other people's posts before responding.

Well said - I see no reason why he cannot continue improve considering where he was last year to this year with more playing time. NBASuperstar has a one track mind - ball dominate system (since they all play with a ball I don't understand what that means Posted Image ) and Hold the Mayo who will make us instant contenders.

Stop Jay, I played the position and been doing this for years. A ball dominate system means the ball doesn't move much and it gives utimite control to the guards or point forwards in those chosen systems.As for Teague, he is not close the top 15. He really only good at steals, speed, blocks, and finishing on fast break. The rest of his game is weak or extremely inconsistent.

Please for the love of God, the word is "Dominant" not "Dominate". You can dominate something, but you'll be or were dominant at something./ rant

One of Grammar Nazr peeves also. That and people don't think worse is a word and always use worst instead.

• Premium Member

Stop Jay, I played the position and been doing this for years. A ball dominate system means the ball doesn't move much and it gives utimite control to the guards or point forwards in those chosen systems.

As for Teague, he is not close the top 15. He really only good at steals, speed, blocks, and finishing on fast break. The rest of his game is weak or extremely inconsistent.

At this rate, it won't take long for you to claim you can play better than Teague.

Nimbers don't lie, my friend. Posted Image

Please for the love of God, the word is "Dominant" not "Dominate". You can dominate something, but you'll be or were dominant at something./ rant

Haha...agreed! Sometimes I wonder who edited the school books in Georgia.P.S. - BrazillianHawk got in ahead of me on the "nimbers"...well done my man. Edited by DJlaysitup

At this rate, it won't take long for you to claim you can play better than Teague.

Nimbers don't lie, my friend. Posted Image

You didn't know? This is Hawksquawk, at least half of the posters are retired professional players/coaches.
  • Like 1

I am working now, when I get a chance I will make keypoints about Teague and what not. Dolfan, you haven't been a grammar Nazi since the beginning of my posting days in 06. I just type sometimes, I barely prove read on this site. Usually multi-tasking...