• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Defensive Player of the Year

Wurider05

This PERFECTLY describes the Josh situation. Some of you young bucks won't know this skit but trust me it applies.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwz9RAVou1U

Good call.

If anyone wants an escape from the Negative Nancy's click here for more In Living Color:

http://hawksquawk.ne...lor-skits-ever/

Edited by coachx

• Admin

The fact Josh Smith finished 10th is a travesty. He should be higher then T. Allen, Marion, and Iggy at least.Smith should probably be ahead of KG .....Deng is a close call. Deng is the best wing defender in the league.....but since Deng missed a bunch of game I'd vote Smith ahead of him. Smith has not missed a game all year.http://www.nba.com/2...2/dpoy-release/

T. Allen and Iggy are excellent man on man defenders. They are much better shut down guys then Josh.

T. Allen and Iggy are excellent man on man defenders. They are much better shut down guys then Josh.

Who was the last shut down guy the Hawks have had? Mookie?? I hate that other teams have guys like old school Artest, Battier, T. Allen, Iggy and even lesser guys like Pietrus who are high level shut down perimeter guys who can completely take away the oppositions best perimeter scorer and I can think of Mookie and Augmon in the past 20 years that the Hawks have had and nobody in the past decade who fits that description.

Who was the last shut down guy the Hawks have had? Mookie?? I hate that other teams have guys like old school Artest, Battier, T. Allen, Iggy and even lesser guys like Pietrus who are high level shut down perimeter guys who can completely take away the oppositions best perimeter scorer and I can think of Mookie and Augmon in the past 20 years that the Hawks have had and nobody in the past decade who fits that description.

Mario West? I kid......I kid.
  • Like 1

• Admin

Mookie was an awesome shut down guy. Honestly, I think Joe is probably the best man on man defender on the team (BTW, I am not calling him a shut down guy).

Mario West? I kid......I kid.

For 30 seconds you couldn't ask for better defense from a guy!

Mookie was an awesome shut down guy. Honestly, I think Joe is probably the best man on man defender on the team (BTW, I am not calling him a shut down guy).

Yeah he's probably the best we have out there but he's definitely not a shut down guy. Compared to our former PG's Teague looks like a shut down defender out there!

Can't forget Mutumbo.....not many players have forced teams into a perimeter game better then Mutumbo did in his prime.The Hawks had the luxury of having 3 of the best defenders in the 90's decade.