What will people say if we win

arhawkfan

I know we are very short handed and everyone is counting us out but what if we win. What will people say? This team can lose games that it shouldn't lose and win games it should win. I'm hoping for the best. Last year we were able to win road playoff games and we just need to steal one.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The headline will not be "Hawks Win" but "C's Lose". It is what it is my man. Hawks are known around the country (thanks to TNT and ESPN) as America's most dysfunctional team, and winning a couple games will not change anything. Just be happy we real fans know the truth.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

They will talk about the Celtics and how the sun shone so brightly in recent years but now, even as that sun starts to set, there is still time to look back and reminisce over their illustrious years together; the big 3 and Rondo, best of buds though thick and thin, to the end. Kinda like the Goonies, but with more dirty plays and foul language.The Hawks? Who are they?

They will say the Celtics chocked and we will be swept next series.. We just gotta be used to it by now that were not going to get respect from these so called 'experts' or TV analysts. It is what it is.

Paul Pierce has the game of his life and Josh went out with an injury and they had to come back late in the game to win. This is still such a winnable series for us. I'm not saying we will win for sure, but it's not as dire as so many people seem to think.On an unrelated note, I'm watching the games w/ the gf and teaching her to appreciate playoff basketball. Everytime LD shows up on tv she comments on how he looks like he doesn't care. I don't like that in a coach.

• Like 1

I guess for some here on the Squawk the headline will be:"We shock the world and advance to the 2nd round" If we get to the 2nd round lets keep our mouths shut until we really shock the world.I am way past bragging about getting to the 2nd round but maybe that is the mentality the ASG wants us to be satisfied with. Then again, I don't think that is a maybe...

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

What people?The Squawk will be relatively quiet, either because someone is afraid to swallow pride or get too excited about one win.The media will focus on what Boston did wrong and what they must do to win game 4.Chuck and Shaq will giggle like little school girls and make fun of a missed Teague dunk from the free throw line while they show highlights of the Hawks winning.Me? I won't be surprised. I'll say great game and hope they don't get overconfident before game 4. Praise what they did well, and immediately bring attention to any poor ball movement or bad D.