• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Next coach of the Hawks should be....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Jerry Sloan. Hurry! word is He's on Bobcats radar.

Why? Sloan would just trade Josh Smith ASAP. The minute he was able to get some talent, AK-47 was moved to the bench.

Offer Fratello the house. He watches this team enough to know how to remedy the real issues.If not Fratello, Brian Shaw. He'll bring the traingle, and he's coached under quite a few championship regimes in LA. He understands superstar attitiudes.

Do you think LD will be brought back if we get crushed in the playoffs? I would think he shouldn't be brought back.

I certainly hope not. He obviously does not command the players' respect and gets outcoached by mediocre coaches.

I'm sure I'll catch flack but I don't think Drew has been a decent coach and at least wasn't as bad as Woody. I wouldn't be pissed if we keep him as long as we make some MAJOR roster changes. The guy is smart he just isn't a motivator and doesn't have as commanding a personality to put into practice what he preaches. What he says makes sense though and at least you know the guy has an IQ unlike some of Woody's moronic comments. I think we've thrown enough coaches under the bus in the Hawks' recent history. What we really need to focus on is shaking up the roster and holding the front office more accountable to make changes! Unfortunately with this ownership it's difficult to do that.That said I would LOVE an old school coach like Sloan for these Hawks if a change were made. They do need more discipline and a shorter leash. You know our players would get pulled much quicker for boneheaded plays which I think is good. Players (like Josh) need to think twice before they pull up for a bad jumper and not feel like they have free reign out there.At the end of the day you get what you pay for and for what the Hawks are paying Drew, I don't think he's done half bad.

• Like 1

In order to have a short leash, you have to have respectable talent behind that guy. Vlad is not respectable talent behind Smith. Pargo is not respectable talent. Willie Green is not respectable talent. Those guys are just as big of doo doo brains as the guys in front of them.Woody is a superior coach to LD.

• Moderators

In order to have a short leash, you have to have respectable talent behind that guy. Vlad is not respectable talent behind Smith. Pargo is not respectable talent. Willie Green is not respectable talent. Those guys are just as big of doo doo brains as the guys in front of them.Woody is a superior coach to LD.

i almost liked this until the last line. I don't understand how many times Woody's teams have to get blown off the court in the playoffs or barely get by bad teams before he stops being considered a good coach. His only playoff successes were against two terrible teams and both went to 7 games. Every other series was increased embarrassment. LD has one bad playoff game on his record now and we were fielding half a team against 4 all stars.
  • Like 1

That's true which is part of why I think we need those major roster changes. At the same time though we've had guys like McGrady who haven't had a chance all season to show what they're made of until the playoffs - and that is my one gripe with Drew.I would rather have a player like McGrady or Ivan work hard and hustle out there to make plays than have a starter out there when they are not at their best. When Josh and Joe are turning the ball over and forcing shots like they sometimes do, they hurt us a lot more than a fill-in sub can. It's obvious we do have somewhat of a bench considering how well we hung with the Celtics in game 3.

i almost liked this until the last line. I don't understand how many times Woody's teams have to get blown off the court in the playoffs or barely get by bad teams before he stops being considered a good coach. His only playoff successes were against two terrible teams and both went to 7 games. Every other series was increased embarrassment. LD has one bad playoff game on his record now and we were fielding half a team against 4 all stars.

Very much agreed. While we still get blown out more than we should and start to get down when we lose a lead, LD has done a much better job of keeping it under control than Woody ever did. We even managed to win 2 games in the 2nd round last year which still isn't much to talk about but I thought it was a big step for this franchise to know we weren't going to be a complete afterthought after round 1.

Woody was just a much better coach. Kill Woody for not making adjustments and what not but in most areas, Woody was superior.

That's true which is part of why I think we need those major roster changes. At the same time though we've had guys like McGrady who haven't had a chance all season to show what they're made of until the playoffs - and that is my one gripe with Drew.I would rather have a player like McGrady or Ivan work hard and hustle out there to make plays than have a starter out there when they are not at their best. When Josh and Joe are turning the ball over and forcing shots like they sometimes do, they hurt us a lot more than a fill-in sub can. It's obvious we do have somewhat of a bench considering how well we hung with the Celtics in game 3.

T-Mac is terrible player right now. He is really one of the worse superstar types I've seen and he's ten times at as a role playing scrub. We have a bench full of scrubs outside of Zaza, Hinrich, and Marvin.