• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jeff Teague

Joker

I can't wait till we get a someone who can really play at PG. No more Jeff Teague's, Acie Law's, Emmanuel Davis's, Bimbo Cole's Ty Lue's, Anthony Johnson's types who start.

I want a good true PG or someone who can be a 20 plus ppg scorer at PG who can be a #1 option if we can't get a true PG.

I want a good true PG or someone who can be a 20 plus ppg scorer at PG who can be a #1 option if we can't get a true PG.

A true PG doesn't score 20 ppg. Sounds to me like you want a scoring PG and well look at that we just happen to have one.

Rondo is the only "other" PG who could possibly live up to your hopesand he would probably be a big dissapointment to you. Announcersagree. Rondo is the greatest PG in the NBA. That includes all pastplayers who considered themselves to be a PG.If we could talk Boston into trading Rondo for Marvin, Josh, Captain Kirkand Joe J., They might consider it, especially if we throw in our first roundpick every other year for the next ten years (That's five picks) since weare not supposed to trade away a first round pick every year. We mustadd Teague so Boston still has a PG.Short of doing this, we keep Teague. No one else would trade usa "true" point guard

• Like 2

We all get it - you don't like Teague.

You prefer a #3 pick who lost his starting position,isn't a true PG, is playing off the bench, let Tony "effing" Allen take his spot, but will somehow be able to make us championship contenders.Posted Image

Edited by JayBirdHawk

A true PG doesn't score 20 ppg. Sounds to me like you want a scoring PG and well look at that we just happen to have one.

Me:

A good true PG take's presendence. Can't be someone average like Calderon or Collison. If we can get Nash or Deron. Those are numbero uno. If we can't get that, get someone who can dominate on offense and be a #1 option at the position. I don't care that player is a true PG or not, we need a #1 option. But a true PG who is good would make Horford a legit #1 option. Conley to Nash. I don't care get one of them but you can't, start looking outside the box. You can't come into next year with Teague expecting any difference. He's not any good at the position in the truest of senses. You can't do the same and expect different results. This is where the front office earns their bucks. This is where Sund earns his paycheck.

Rondo is the only "other" PG who could possibly live up to your hopes

and he would probably be a big dissapointment to you. Announcers

agree. Rondo is the greatest PG in the NBA. That includes all past

players who considered themselves to be a PG.

If we could talk Boston into trading Rondo for Marvin, Josh, Captain Kirk

and Joe J., They might consider it, especially if we throw in our first round

pick every other year for the next ten years (That's five picks) since we

are not supposed to trade away a first round pick every year. We must

add Teague so Boston still has a PG.

Short of doing this, we keep Teague. No one else would trade us

a "true" point guard

I would love Rondo as a Hawk and no one is taking Joe's contract. Edited by nbasuperstar40

We all get it - you don't like Teague.

You prefer a #3 pick who lost his starting position,isn't a true PG, is playing off the bench, let Tony "effing" Allen take his spot, but will somehow be able to make us championship contenders.Posted Image

Greatly prefer and we are a completely different team and situaition which I will only talk about in my GM Rick Sund 40 thread right here:

Check it out:

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/367977-gm-rick-sund-40/

NO

Aren't you in a giving mood...

I'm pretty sure you don't understand what a "True" PG is. John Stockton is the premiere "True" PG of PG's and he NEVER averaged 20 PPG and in fact averaged 13 PPG for his career. Jason Kidd is probably the 2nd best "True" PG of all-time and he also NEVER averaged 20 PPG and in fact averaged 13 PPG for his career as well.Guess what Teague averaged this year in his FIRST full season as the Hawks PG? Ding ding ding 13 PPG. Now, I'm not saying that Teague is even remotely on their levels because he's clearly not a "True" PG and doesn't have the vision to be that type of guy, but just like Doug Collins says about Jrue Holliday, "He's a scoring guard and I want him to go out there and be aggressive and score the basketball". Well the same applies to Jeff Teague as he's in that new mold of scoring lead guard who can get into the paint at will when he's being aggressive.

The NBA of today is not the NBA of old. The rules are designed for more scoring. I've got no problem with Teague being more of a scorer than a facilitator. The fact that he can score makes him more deadly to get others involved. Look at guys who are only good at getting others involved. The defenses give them all kinds of room because they can't shoot or can't penetrate or can't finish at the rim. Too many times, guys like that will pass up an open shot in order to try to get someone else involved. Teague makes mistakes, sure, but considering our payroll restrictions and other more pressing areas of concern, I'll take Teague and his great value of a contract vs. production.

I'm pretty sure you don't understand what a "True" PG is. John Stockton is the premiere "True" PG of PG's and he NEVER averaged 20 PPG and in fact averaged 13 PPG for his career. Jason Kidd is probably the 2nd best "True" PG of all-time and he also NEVER averaged 20 PPG and in fact averaged 13 PPG for his career as well.Guess what Teague averaged this year in his FIRST full season as the Hawks PG? Ding ding ding 13 PPG.Now, I'm not saying that Teague is even remotely on their levels because he's clearly not a "True" PG and doesn't have the vision to be that type of guy, but just like Doug Collins says about Jrue Holliday, "He's a scoring guard and I want him to go out there and be aggressive and score the basketball". Well the same applies to Jeff Teague as he's in that new mold of scoring lead guard who can get into the paint at will when he's being aggressive.

See Jrue Holiday is a true PG. He doesn't have great or very good court vision. Few NBA PG's do. He's a true PG in the mold of a C. Billups. He is smart, can run an offense but he is still improving on the game and how to use his strengths and BBIQ. Once he gets it which can take years, he will be a top tier PG for years to come.Jeff issue is Jeff doesn't have court vision unless he's slashing and he can't run an offense. He had the same issue at Wake Forest and lost the starting PG job to Ish Smith. Now Russell Westbrook has some of the same issues. But Westbrook is an unstoppable force on offense. He can take over a game and draw the defense attention and he is a #1 option. Jeff isn't even an option. He's will always be your team's 4th or 5th best scoring option. That means his weakenesses outweigh his strengths offensively. On defense, his focus is terrible. He's no where near as good a defender as Westbrook who defensive talent, strength, and focus is superior. Jeff has talent but he is best suited as a backup PG who can play a lot of minutes. Westbrook has solid BBIQ, Teague has below average BBIQ. Jeff is in the same tier overall with D.J. Augustin, Bobby Jackson, Earl Boykins, Bob Sura, Darrell Armstrong, and Troy Hudson. To be honest, I don't think he has much potential either. I think he peaked. I think he can get more consistent given a lesser role. Maybe he could get better with an elite post player to play through like young TD, Shaq, D12.I don't get your ppg comparison. I hope you aren't saying Teague= Kidd because that's bs I'd expect from a noob. That's like saying Alan Henderson>Tim Duncan.

The NBA of today is not the NBA of old. The rules are designed for more scoring. I've got no problem with Teague being more of a scorer than a facilitator. The fact that he can score makes him more deadly to get others involved. Look at guys who are only good at getting others involved. The defenses give them all kinds of room because they can't shoot or can't penetrate or can't finish at the rim. Too many times, guys like that will pass up an open shot in order to try to get someone else involved. Teague makes mistakes, sure, but considering our payroll restrictions and other more pressing areas of concern, I'll take Teague and his great value of a contract vs. production.

Except the fact that Jeff is not a good scorer. Just a solid one.

I'll take Teague and his great value of a contract vs. production.

I agree, as a backup PG who is a 6th man. As a starter, he could make the min and I still can't justify it.

After going to yesterday's game im convinced that Teague will be a Top 5 PG in a few years. Guy is just way too explosive and when he gets his 3pt shot down we will be dangerous.

After going to yesterday's game im convinced that Teague will be a Top 5 PG in a few years. Guy is just way too explosive and when he gets his 3pt shot down we will be dangerous.

This is a prime example of not knowing the game of Basketball. This is like when my friends in college tried telling me Gerald Green and J.R. Smith will be the face of the NBA in five years.

This is a prime example of not knowing the game of Basketball. This is like when my friends in college tried telling me Gerald Green and J.R. Smith will be the face of the NBA in five years.

First of all, i'm not SVG but I know basketball so don't rush to any conclusions. Now, I wouldn't say it's not an example of not knowing basketball, i'd say it's more of evaluating talent. He's not there yet but he has the tools all he has to do is work on his court vision and apply himself to make that next step.

Teague has been given a chance to play for only a year now and he has already stepped up in two playoff series. 15 points on 54% shooting against the Bulls, 16 points on 44% shooting against the Celtics. Joe is 17 on 36%, Josh is 17 on 39%.

Teague has been given a chance to play for only a year now and he has already stepped up in two playoff series. 15 points on 54% shooting against the Bulls, 16 points on 44% shooting against the Celtics. Joe is 17 on 36%, Josh is 17 on 39%.

Exactly my point, even though he's played in two playoff series he steps up to a higher level. You gotta factor that in also. A lot of the times yesterday he got almost any shot he wanted.

He's been in the NBA for three years. He is not a 19 year old. He is a heavily flawed combo PG with talent. I don't even care about his numbers. I watch him play, I am extremely disappointed if he's our starting PG. I liked Jamal as a 6th man. I hated Jamal as a #1 option on lottery bound teams. I think you think I feel he sucks. I don't, just as a starting NBA PG he does and has a more negative effect than positive one. He is not Josh. I don't see him as a heavily flawed player who strengths outweigh his weakeneses. Jeff isn't fresh of out college. He been in the league for three years and yet he is still the most stupid player I seen in an offense outside of those HS prospects like Gerald Green, young J.R. Smith, and young JaVale McGee. Not to mention, he suppose to be the f**king point guard which makes it ten times worse. Edited by nbasuperstar40