• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jeff Teague

Joker

Stop feeding the trolls please !Simply block their post and forget the trolls even exist.Teague is a damn fine PG for a 23 year old...........anyone who hates is just a hater.

I knew this type of poster was coming. I hate this thread so I will cry like a little bitch and complain because he's getting on my nerves. You didn't have to post or enter if you don't want to coachx.

I'll chime in to say two minor things: (1) I think Teague can be materially better than Bobby Jackson but they aren't that far apart right now (Jackson was a very useful rotation player) and (2) IQ isn't the same as basketball IQ. Criticizing someone's basketball IQ shouldn't be taken as a shot at their intelligence. The opposite is also true. There are many athletes with an amazing feel for the game that make moronic choices off the court, bomb the Wonderlic or IQ testing, etc. If you took large groups of people from remedial classes and from Harvard computer science grad students, in both groups you would have a mix of guys with great basketball IQs, terrible basketball IQs, and normal basketball IQs. I doubt you would find a powerful correlation between great students and great basketball IQs.

That is simply b/c not all great students play basketball.However, I bet if you take a group of great students, who also play basketball, you will have a higher then normal percent of players with high basketball IQ's. Edited by coachx

Just because we don't agree with someone doesn't make them a troll. I may not like or agree or even believe most of the things that some posters write but that doesn't make them a troll either. To your point though, if you don't like to read what someone has to say then blocking them is a good idea.

Thanks dolfan. You said it with a lot more class than I did. He didn't have to enter but they always come especially when they see the thread getting traffic.

I knew this type of poster was coming. I hate this thread so I will cry like a little bitch and complain because he's getting on my nerves. You didn't have to post or enter if you don't want to coachx.

Poster like you give the squawk a bad name.The only difference in the squawk and forums for the Braves, Bulldogs, and Falcons...........is that in the other forums they call out the trolls............here the mods protect trolls under the political correctness lable. The result is we are over run by thoughtless trolls.

That is simply b/c not all great students play basketball.However, I bet if you take a group of great students, who also play basketball, you will have a higher then normal percent of players with high basketball IQ's.

Honestly, this can be true but what ATF is saying is it's not valid. D. Wade failed his first year at Marquette. Smart NBA player.Josh Smith, honors at a private school. NBA dumbass.Rondo- Solid student. NBA smartest player.Kobe- Great student. Smart NBA player.If you are dumb person, you are likely a dumb player but to get to the NBA, those are normally weeded out.

Poster like you give the squawk a bad name.The only difference in the squawk and forums for the Braves, Bulldogs, and Falcons...........is that in the other forums they call out the trolls............here the mods protect trolls under the political correctness lable. The result is we are over run by thoughtless trolls.

Personal insults. If you don't like what the person has to say, use personal insults to get the point across. Thanks for stopping by and posting coachx, now leave.

• Moderators

That is simply b/c not all great students play basketball.However, I bet if you take a group of great students, who also play basketball, you will have a higher then normal percent of players with high basketball IQ's.

I did years of school with honors kids and played sports with non-honors kids. I never saw much in the way of correllation. IMO, sports IQs are a different skill set than the type of intelligence needed to succeed in school. I am sure it is better if guys have both (making it easier for them to learn and plan strategically with a higher intelligence) but in terms of court vision, etc. I don't think I am ready to have Ricky Rubio working for NASA.

Just because we don't agree with someone doesn't make them a troll. I may not like or agree or even believe most of the things that some posters write but that doesn't make them a troll either. To your point though, if you don't like to read what someone has to say then blocking them is a good idea.

Its more then not agreeing over an opinion.............it about calling a person out for being factually wrong.Jeff Teague is a 23 year old starting PG for a team that finished the regular season with a 60% win pct and home court in the 1st round of the playoffs. The team, managed to do this without their 2 time allstar center for the majority of the season. Much of the credit for that improvement has to be given to Jeff Teague (the Hawks new starting PG). That is not opinion.........that is fact. He also finshed 10th for the most improved player award.To start a thread saying Jeff Teague is not a starting caliber PG is therefore factually wrong. I equate that to being a troll. Same as thread on Gearon for being factually wrong.Take up for him all you want but you know I have always called a spade a spade. Edited by coachx

Its more then not agreeing over an opinion.............it about calling a person out for being factually wrong.Jeff Teague is a 23 year old starting PG for a team that finished the regular season with a 60% win pct and home court in the 1st round of the playoffs. The team, managed to do this without their 2 time allstar center for the majority of the season. Much of the credit for that improvement has to be given to Jeff Teague (the Hawks new starting PG). That is not opinion.........that is fact. He also finshed 10th for the most improved player award.To start a thread saying Jeff Teague is not a starting caliber PG is therefore factually wrong. I equate that to being a troll. Same as thread on Gearon for being factually wrong.Take up for him all you want but you know I have always called a spade a spade.

Wait a sec, how and where am I factually wrong? I don't agree at all with what NBA is saying about Teague. My comment was about the troll thing and you may not like me defending people against being called trolls but it is what it is and whether I or anyone else agrees with other people does not give anyone the right to call them trolls as long as they are productive members of the site. To me a troll is someone who is on here to do nothing but cause trouble and piss people off and while NBA may have unpopular opinions he's not saying the things he says just to piss anyone off, he's saying it because he honestly believes what he's saying.The bottom line is that by and large this is a pretty good community and I'm sorry that you feel like we're overrun with trolls or with bad posters but I really don't feel that is the case. I know you've been around a long time and can remember when the place was far worse so I'd urge you to go back and think of those times and compare them to now and reassess your opinion.

I agree with your general premise. However, in this specific circumstance your factually wrong just lke nbasupastar is wrong.Jeff Teague is a 23 year old starting PG for a team that finished the regular season with a 60% win pct and home court in the 1st round of the playoffs. The team, managed to do this without their 2 time allstar center for the majority of the season. Much of the credit for that improvement has to be given to Jeff Teague (the Hawks new starting PG). That is not opinion.........that is fact. He also finshed 10th for the most improved player award.To start a thread saying Jeff Teague is not a starting caliber PG is therefore factually wrong. I equate that to being a troll. Same as thread on Gearon for being factually wrong.Take up for him all you want but you know I have always called a spade a spade.

Damn son, stop your bitching. You bitch more than I do in the chat.It's not factually wrong just look at the tape. The kid can't play PG as a starter. He doesn't get us into an offense. He isn't good enough scorer wise to justify getting those mins, and he doesn't have good BBIQ.This is all opinion based as it's a message board. If you want to take my posts as fact you can but I wouldn't if I was you. I wouldn't from no one, not even Sund. I would only be gathering opinions and thoughts. The only facts are stats but stats never tell the true story outside of maybe Baseball. Either way, you saw, you bitched, and failed. Bye.

<p>

Personal insults. If you don't like what the person has to say, use personal insults to get the point across. Thanks for stopping by and posting coachx, now leave.

Ok...........take out "Posters like you" and sub in "Post like this" in the name of political correctness. Edited by coachx

Honestly, this can be true but what ATF is saying is it's not valid. D. Wade failed his first year at Marquette. Smart NBA player.Josh Smith, honors at a private school. NBA dumbass.Rondo- Solid student. NBA smartest player.Kobe- Great student. Smart NBA player.If you are dumb person, you are likely a dumb player but to get to the NBA, those are normally weeded out.

Nick Van Exel said that Josh Smith has one of the highest basketball IQs he's EVER seen in the NBA and Larry Drew said the same thing.

Damn son, stop your bitching. You bitch more than I do in the chat.It's not factually wrong just look at the tape. The kid can't play PG as a starter. He doesn't get us into an offense. He isn't good enough scorer wise to justify getting those mins, and he doesn't have good BBIQ.This is all opinion based as it's a message board. If you want to take my posts as fact you can but I wouldn't if I was you. I wouldn't from no one, not even Sund. I would only be gathering opinions and thoughts. The only facts are stats but stats never tell the true story outside of maybe Baseball. Either way, you saw, you bitched, and failed. Bye.

Enough with the personal comments. Anymore and I'm going to lock this thread.

I did years of school with honors kids and played sports with non-honors kids. I never saw much in the way of correllation. IMO, sports IQs are a different skill set than the type of intelligence needed to succeed in school. I am sure it is better if guys have both (making it easier for them to learn and plan strategically with a higher intelligence) but in terms of court vision, etc. I don't think I am ready to have Ricky Rubio working for NASA.

This is a good point. I know for fact there have been and probably still are lineman in the NFL who could not pass a GED test. But at the same time when a below average intelligence person speaks in a interview its easy to see. Nothing against Josh but public speaking was not a strong suit and it is players like him that make the Commish want to stay pat on his stance requiring players go to college before entering the draft.Honors or not, Smoove was a horrible live interview.

Josh does look smart when running plays. He knows where everyone is suppose to be. Sometimes I watch in amazement then he does something stupid. Kills my faith in his offensive BBIQ. His understanding on defense is amazing but he is lazy at times and losses focus.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Wait a sec, how and where am I factually wrong? I don't agree at all with what NBA is saying about Teague. My comment was about the troll thing and you may not like me defending people against being called trolls but it is what it is and whether I or anyone else agrees with other people does not give anyone the right to call them trolls as long as they are productive members of the site. To me a troll is someone who is on here to do nothing but cause trouble and piss people off

My definition of a troll is a person who continually picks on one issue and is also factually wrong with their opinion.I believe this qualifies. It seems we simply define the term troll differently.On Falcons boards there are Vick trolls. However the mods simply remove them b/c they bring nothing constructive to the site.On Braves sites there ar Chipper trolls.....even though he is the greatest Atlanta Brave of all time.etc,etc,etc.

This is a good point. I know for fact there have been and probably still are lineman in the NFL who could not pass a GED test. But at the same time when a below average intelligence person speaks in a interview its easy to see. Nothing against Josh but public speaking was not a strong suit and it is players like him that make the Commish want to stay pat on his stance requiring players go to college before entering the draft.Honors or not, Smoove was a horrible live interview.

He has actually gotten a lot better at public speaking. I seen one he did on NBATV several months ago. His grammar is awful though. He can improve on that. He needs to read more books or start reading books.

Nick Van Exel said that Josh Smith has one of the highest basketball IQs he's EVER seen in the NBA and Larry Drew said the same thing.Enough with the personal comments. Anymore and I'm going to lock this thread.

I do not get this comment by Nick. Josh's jumpers are not smart basketball and to be honest it is borderline insanity. You know, doing the same thing over and over again even though it is not working....

What the heck does this have to do with Teague? Let's stay on topic please.

He has actually gotten a lot better at public speaking. I seen one he did on NBATV several months ago. His grammar is awful though. He can improve on that. He needs to read more books or start reading books.

He has improved which is why I used the word "was".

I do not get this comment by Nick. Josh's jumpers are not smart basketball and to be honest it is borderline insanity. You know, doing the same thing over and over again even though it is not working....

Well it's actually insanity, borderline was when he did it twice. He has done it at least a thousand times since then. But anywho, let's stay on topic.