• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jeff Teague

Joker

And how was chauncey in his first couple years?

Average in the hand-checking era. Which would be solid today like Holiday. Missed a lot of his 3rd season due to injury.Once again, this is an awful comparison. You are using someone who uses BBIQ and strength as a focal point to one is mainly uses athleticism. Edited by nbasuperstar40

The point is a lot of people back then didnt think he would be as good as he ended up. It takes time with pgs

Jeff is not a true PG. Billups is, he just had to learn how use his skills and win with them. Jeff uses his athletic tools, it's oranges to apples. Unless you are the total package like CP3, Irving, Deron, a true PG will generally struggle for a couple of years or more in the NBA especially if the system or personnel isn't a fit. But guys like Teague who are combo guards playing PG can use their athletic gifts which makes the transition more smooth but they peak a lot sooner as well. Not all combo guards playing PG have athletic gifts, some are just natural scorers. But generally, there aren't elite at one or the other they are then bench material. From 6th man to the 12th man range.

• Moderators

Jeff is not a true PG. Billups is, he just had to learn how use his skills and win with them. Jeff uses his athletic tools, it's oranges to apples. Unless you are the total package like CP3, Irving, Deron, a true PG will generally struggle for a couple of years or more in the NBA especially if the system or personnel isn't a fit. But guys like Teague who are combo guards playing PG can use their athletic gifts which makes the transition more smooth but they peak a lot sooner as well. Not all combo guards playing PG have athletic gifts, some are just natural scorers. But generally, there aren't elite at one or the other they are then bench material. From 6th man to the 12th man range.

Even Deron struggled significantly out of the gate for the Jazz. The best development I have seen for Teague this year is the massive improvement in his perimeter shot. He went from 21% to 37% between year 1 and year 2 and went from 50 attempts to 150 attempts from year 2 to year 3 (a roughly 40% increase in 3pt shots per minute). Continued progression with his range will make him more valuable going forward, although I hoped this would be the case for Marvin and he regressed after his best season.

I still stand by what I said on B. Wright. The thing is, Horford is even more skilled than I assumed he would be.

So you were wrong on both evaluations of these two players.1-Overestimated Wright by leaps and bounds. Can barely make a team much less a all star game.2-Underestimated Horford by leaps and bounds. Made a all star game his 2nd season.Underestimating a player is just as bad and at times worse than overestimating. I think you are doing it again with Teague. We can win with Teague but just like when we had Bibby his 1st season, Teague will not put us over the top.We need to fill the five spot and/or get a 2/3 as a big time scoring option. Until one of those two things happen we will always have two glaring weaknesses. Not explosive enough on offense and not big enough of defense.

Steve Nash-agree but to old to do anything withDeron Williams-agreeCP3-agreeare real star PG's.Conley-took your boy Mayo's job lolS. Curry-PG? Seriously, I cant tell. Should be a 2 guard and really hasnt shown anything really. He isnt even in the same league as Rondo.Rondo-Ronso should be above Curry and Conley. He should up there with CP3 and D Will, should be above Nashare stud true PG'sHoliday-sucks True point guard. lolJ. Kidd-sucks and got exposed by Westbrook. dude is like Bibby now to be honestLawson-sucksare solid true PG's.Westbrook-should be above Holiday Kidd and Lawson hands down. He is a monster, Ill take himRose-Beast, Should be up there with Nash, Rondo, and CP3. Ill take him anyday of the weekare star combo PG'sI can't think of any stud combo PG's.Wall-What has he done lately? I forgot he played this yearJennings-Seriously? He scored 55 adn hasnt done anything worth mentioning since. This group should be called the summer league group.Isnt he like a career 35% shooter or something?lolare solid combo PG'sTeague is an average combo PG's. Great off the bench, terrible starter.- Good starter. Has one year as a starter under his belt. Playing with a fake Lebron who thinks he can handle the ball, Plays tentative because LD trying to turn him into a pass first guard when he has not developed the vision yet, So basically we are wasting his athletic talents when we should be using as an advantage at all times. Once he gets a solid midrange game he will be a beast. All others mentioned before him has way more playing time than Jeff does.

Long live Teague. Him and Bawse looked real nice runing that high pick and roll the other night. Glimpse of the future.PS. Tell Mayo get his job back on his old team first before trying to come over here. We always looking for another teams trash instead of developing our own talent.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

PS. Tell Mayo get his job back on his old team first before trying to come over here. We always looking for another teams trash instead of developing our own talent.

Some of those moves worked out real well for us - particularly Bibby and Crawford. It all depends on the price to be paid.

I agree. Bibby was needed since we didnt have a point guard. Crawford was a steal and we got rid of trash to get him. Im not getting rid of a starter when he hasnt had a fair chance and has talent for a NUMBER 3 DRAFT PICK THAT COMES OFF THE BENCH.So let me change that. We are goign after another team's Marvin Williams so we can have 2 top 3 draft busts on the team.

Even Deron struggled significantly out of the gate for the Jazz. The best development I have seen for Teague this year is the massive improvement in his perimeter shot. He went from 21% to 37% between year 1 and year 2 and went from 50 attempts to 150 attempts from year 2 to year 3 (a roughly 40% increase in 3pt shots per minute). Continued progression with his range will make him more valuable going forward, although I hoped this would be the case for Marvin and he regressed after his best season.

Deron finished 6th and got one first place vote for ROY. If you watched that season, he was a much better PG in the 2nd half of the season than the first like Dwayne Wade was.http://www.nba.com/news/awards2006_rookie.htmlHis second season was on par with CP3 as well. I would say till the trade, those two were neck in neck for best PG in the NBA since.Back to Teague, he had to improve his shooting or there was no way you could justify playing him period. Pargo would make more sense than Jeff and Hinrich and him which is neck and neck depending on your personnel would be easily Hinrich.

So you were wrong on both evaluations of these two players.1-Overestimated Wright by leaps and bounds. Can barely make a team much less a all star game.2-Underestimated Horford by leaps and bounds. Made a all star game his 2nd season.Underestimating a player is just as bad and at times worse than overestimating. I think you are doing it again with Teague. We can win with Teague but just like when we had Bibby his 1st season, Teague will not put us over the top.We need to fill the five spot and/or get a 2/3 as a big time scoring option. Until one of those two things happen we will always have two glaring weaknesses. Not explosive enough on offense and not big enough of defense.

I was dead on for Al. His impact and stats are where I predicted, I just didn't know he was this darn talented. I think his PnR game is top tier and he is a Karl Malone type capable of superstardom with an elite PnR PG.I rated Wright on what I though he would be for Atlanta in Atlanta's system, not Golden State plus at that time period. I felt like he had KG type of ability at that stage. He was a back to the basket player with skill and elite athleticism. He just wasn't physically ready for the NBA nor went to the right team.

Long live Teague. Him and Bawse looked real nice runing that high pick and roll the other night. Glimpse of the future.PS. Tell Mayo get his job back on his old team first before trying to come over here. We always looking for another teams trash instead of developing our own talent.

We have talent.Marvin is really capable of being a good SF and a possible All Star but...Joe is really capable of being a superstar Robin but...Josh is really capable of being an elite impact 6th man but...Al is really capable of being just as good as Karl Malone with an elite PnR PG but...Teague is really capable of going beyond his potential which needs a young Tim Duncan or Shaq but... Edited by nbasuperstar40

I agree. Bibby was needed since we didnt have a point guard. Crawford was a steal and we got rid of trash to get him. Im not getting rid of a starter when he hasnt had a fair chance and has talent for a NUMBER 3 DRAFT PICK THAT COMES OFF THE BENCH.So let me change that. We are goign after another team's Marvin Williams so we can have 2 top 3 draft busts on the team.

Bibby was a solid PG for two years in Atlanta and you seen it in our numbers. Jamal was seen as trash when we got him, funny how a different role in a favorable system can change his perception around league. Flip was a scrub who a good 6th man in our system or lack there of. We had some solid moves taking others leftovers and turning them into treasures.

Center isn't that bad of an issue. We just need size with a little talent there more than anything. Horf can hold it down till we get rid of Smith then we would need a big who can protect the rim. A #1 option is one our biggest needs with a starting PG.

So you were wrong on both evaluations of these two players.1-Overestimated Wright by leaps and bounds. Can barely make a team much less a all star game.2-Underestimated Horford by leaps and bounds. Made a all star game his 2nd season.

LOL. "I was spot on, just wrong about both players."

LOL. "I was spot on, just wrong about both players."

Horford is doing exactly what I predicted. Wright was never a Hawk. Where was I wrong?

I don't think Teague has a prayer of being a top 5 PG and is very unlikely to be a top 10 guy.

1. Parker2. Rondo3. Paul4. Westbrook5. Williams6. Nash7. Wall8. Lawson9. Rubio10. Conley, Calderon, Jennings, Teague, Holiday, Felton, Nelson, Miller ?He is pretty close to a top 10 PG now at just 23 years of age. Teague has a good chance of cracking the top 10 PG list. I would rank Teague at 13th right now (no worse then 15th) which is not bad for a 23 year old.Nick Van Excel is a great tutor to keep him aggressive on offense. I wish he had a defensive influence......maybe Mookie could work with him some in the off season. Greg Anthony or Eric Snow would be nice too. Edited by coachx

• Moderators

Stephen Jackson became a pretty good player as a Hawk. And don't forget signing Flip Mary!

Good calls. Both were good acquisitions.

We have talent.Marvin is really capable of being a good SF and a possible All Star but...

I wish that were the case, but Marvin is far too passive to ever be an All-Star. He isn't even an impact player at this point in his career. The vast majority of his best games are hitting some nice open shots (but not remotely trying to take over) and playing good defense. I.e., his peak right now is being a solid starter and his bad games aren't at that level.

Good calls. Both were good acquisitions.I wish that were the case, but Marvin is far too passive to ever be an All-Star. He isn't even an impact player at this point in his career. The vast majority of his best games are hitting some nice open shots (but not remotely trying to take over) and playing good defense. I.e., his peak right now is being a solid starter and his bad games aren't at that level.

I personally think he would be an All Star in San Antonio. There isn't one team who moves the ball as well as them and Marvin and Al are top tier in movement without the ball. Marvin would be a lot better in a real system. Not the BS Atlanta does. In most systems and teams, I expect Marvin to be solid which is better than he is here or a place like Washington.