• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jeff Teague

Joker

1. Parker2. Rondo3. Paul4. Westbrook5. Williams6. Nash7. Wall8. Lawson9. Rubio10. Conley, Calderon, Jennings, Teague, Holiday, Felton, Nelson, Miller ?He is pretty close to a top 10 PG now at just 23 years of age. Teague has a good chance of cracking the top 10 PG list. I would rank Teague at 13th right now (no worse then 15th) which is not bad for a 23 year old.Nick Van Excel is a great tutor to keep him aggressive on offense. I wish he had a defensive influence......maybe Mookie could work with him some in the off season. Greg Anthony or Eric Snow would be nice too.

I could put Joe Johnson as the best SG in the NBA. Remember when Kobe lost in the first round and Wade lose to us in the 1st round. Joe is better. You see how easy it is to talk crazy?Conley is better than Rubio and Jeff isn't close to the top 15 much less top 10. He's around the 24-32 range.I am not sure how you have Calderon in the top 11. He is around 17-22 range. Not close to the top 10. Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Moderators

1. Parker2. Rondo3. Paul4. Westbrook5. Williams6. Nash7. Wall8. Lawson9. Rubio10. Conley, Calderon, Jennings, Teague, Felton, Nelson, Miller ?He is pretty close to a top 10 PG now at just 23 years of age. Teague has a good chance of cracking the top 10 PG list. I would rank Teague at 13th right now (no worse then 15th) which is not bad for a 23 year old.

In addition to the ones you listed, here are other point guards I would definitely rather have than Teague:Derrick RoseKyrie IrvingJrue HolidayKyle LowryOthers I would think hard about taking over him to play PG:Jeremy LinBrandon KnightTyreke EvansMonta EllisBased on 2011-12 performance, at a minimum I don't know how you have Teague ahead of Rose, Irving and Lowry.

• Moderators

I personally think he would be an All Star in San Antonio. There isn't one team who moves the ball as well as them and Marvin and Al are top tier in movement without the ball. Marvin would be a lot better in a real system. Not the BS Atlanta does. In most systems and teams, I expect Marvin to be solid which is better than he is here or a place like Washington.

I agree that he would be better in another system but I see his peak as being somewhere around Bruce Bowen territory (i.e., takes open looks and Marvin does better offensively and worse defensively) or maybe Robert Horry territory if he really steps up (still not close to All-Star status). I'm not sure how anyone could hope for much more and given that neither Bowen nor Horry were ever close to All-Star status it becomes difficult to see how Marvin could ever achieve this. Edited by AHF

For us, I would take Ellis. Give Joe the PG duties, we don't run a real offense anyway. I would take Knight and Lin 10 out of 10 times over Jeff. You saw Lin look like a superstar v. us with Jeff at the point.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I agree that he would be better in another system but I see his peak as being somewhere around Bruce Bowen territory (i.e., takes open looks and Marvin does better offensively and worse defensively) or maybe Robert Horry territory if he really steps up (still not close to All-Star status). I'm not sure how anyone could hope for much more and given that neither Bowen nor Horry were ever close to All-Star status it becomes difficult to see how Marvin could ever achieve this.

Marvin quite a bit more talented than Bowen. I really don't a much difference on defense between the two. Marvin doesn't have Tim Duncan or KG on his help side D. That would make a lot of defenders much better Bowen included. Marvin is really good without the ball. That's something you really got to think of if he was in SA. Open shots and movement would see Marvin closer to 16 ppg and top notch defense. Not to mention his rebounding and MPG would greatly increase.

Horford is doing exactly what I predicted. Wright was never a Hawk. Where was I wrong?

So when you say we should take Wright over Horford and we don't that makes you right because Horford is obviously better than Wright. If that is the case, then I guess you were wrong about Marvin and Shelden since we took those guys and obviously should not have.... Edited by Buzzard

But San Antonio is like the perfect marriage for Marvin. For most teams he would be a solid starter giving you 11-14 ppg and very good defense. For teams with no system like Atlanta, Washington, and Charlotte, he's bunk.

So when you say we should take Wright over Horford and we don't that makes you right because Horford is obviously better than Wright. If that is the case, then I guess you were wrong about Marvin and Shelden since we took those guys and obviously should not have....

Wright was never a Hawk. I was wrong on Marvin. I figured he would be better than this. 16-18 ppg, 3rd option, legit good player. I was wrong on Shelden, I thought he would be out of the league by now. I never seen NBA skills outside of rebounding in him.

• Moderators

Marvin quite a bit more talented than Bowen.

Bowen is quite a bit more ruthless than Marvin. Impact wouldn't be that different. If Marvin actually played up to his talent level, we wouldn't be having this discussion.Marvin has already scored 15 ppg and wasn't near an All-Star. For a more recent comparison, I don't see him having a much different impact than Portland's Nicolas Batum (who also isn't sniffing the All-Star game).The gap between Marvin and All-Star is so vast, that I just don't see it being crossed - especially in the West where the roster ends up stacked with uber-talented power forwards and only the truly elite SFs get an All-Star. Here are the All-Star selections at SF for the last five years in the West: Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony. That is all. So that means Marvin would be beating out Dirk or someone like that for an All-Star nod at Forward. Pretty unlikely.

Bowen is quite a bit more ruthless than Marvin. Impact wouldn't be that different. If Marvin actually played up to his talent level, we wouldn't be having this discussion.Marvin has already scored 15 ppg and wasn't near an All-Star. For a more recent comparison, I don't see him having a much different impact than Portland's Nicolas Batum (who also isn't sniffing the All-Star game).The gap between Marvin and All-Star is so vast, that I just don't see it being crossed - especially in the West where the roster ends up stacked with uber-talented power forwards and only the truly elite SFs get an All-Star. Here are the All-Star selections at SF for the last five years in the West: Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony. That is all. So that means Marvin would be beating out Dirk or someone like that for an All-Star nod at Forward. Pretty unlikely.

Marvin is ruthless given the situation which was true for Bruce as well. I seen him on teams not called the Squrs. It was nothing to write about and he showed major inconsistencies. I think Marvin aura has left a bad taste in our mouth when the topic is Marvin potential.He was but that was a weak team as well. I mean doing that for a legit team and he was still drawing fouls at a good rate for his position. I don't see that happening again to be honest. As for the All Star, you are right. He will likely never be one. To me with those stats and impact, that's an All Star. David Lee was an actual real life All Star and his impact was never that to me. I consider Josh to be an All Star level player with very good impact. For Marvin, I would consider him to be a high impact player. But these are all what if's.Nic Batum and Marvin really isn't much of a difference. Batum is more athletic and a lot more aggressive but Marvin is a better shooter and he is better in off the ball movement. Batum would be a better catch in Atlanta than Marvin.

Wright was never a Hawk. I was wrong on Marvin. I figured he would be better than this. 16-18 ppg, 3rd option, legit good player. I was wrong on Shelden, I thought he would be out of the league by now. I never seen NBA skills outside of rebounding in him.

Does it really matter who Wright plays for? You thought he was a better player than Horford. That is all that matters when evaluating talent.

Does it really matter who Wright plays for? You thought he was a better player than Horford. That is all that matters when evaluating talent.

I didn't say that. I said he would be better in with our team and personnel at the time than Horford.

I didn't say that. I said he would be better in with our team and personnel at the time than Horford.

And do you still beleive that? This tap dance is one I really want to hear...

And do you still beleive that? This tap dance is one I really want to hear...

Yes, at the time I felt it was a great opinion. Since I never had the chance to see him in Atlanta but in a system he didn't fit plus being injury the majority of the time he never reach anywhere near that potential I seen on tape. S**t happens. Look at Greg Oden, I had him ahead of Durant.

• Moderators

Yes, at the time I felt it was a great opinion. Since I never had the chance to see him in Atlanta but in a system he didn't fit plus being injury the majority of the time he never reach anywhere near that potential I seen on tape. S**t happens. Look at Greg Oden, I had him ahead of Durant.

Oden has actually performed quite well when healthy. He just hasn't played very much. After 4 years with 3 different teams, it will be interesting to see Wright's next market contract. He barely got more than a minimum salary this offseason from Dallas. Obviously, Portland believed enough in Oden to make sure he didn't become a free agent and signed him for $9 M this offseason. Oden isn't healthy anymore and Wright seems to be perfectly healthy now, so they are kind of apples to oranges at this point. Wright looks like he can be a productive role player to me. If GMs agree, he should get a decent contract next time he is shopping himself.

Oden has actually performed quite well when healthy. He just hasn't played very much. After 4 years with 3 different teams, it will be interesting to see Wright's next market contract. He barely got more than a minimum salary this offseason from Dallas. Obviously, Portland believed enough in Oden to make sure he didn't become a free agent and signed him for $9 M this offseason. Oden isn't healthy anymore and Wright seems to be perfectly healthy now, so they are kind of apples to oranges at this point. Wright looks like he can be a productive role player to me. If GMs agree, he should get a decent contract next time he is shopping himself.

He is not half the athletic he was when he entered the L due to injuries. His frame like Shaun Livingston couldn't hold up but he is still skilled enough to play.

Jeff Teague v. nbasuperstar40Verdict: Teague is not a starting PG quality and will never be of that thresh.Mr. nbasuperstar40, you are right.Case closed

Now that we know Jeff is our 6th man for the foreseeable future. It's time to look at very good true PG's or elite scoring combo guards to play PG for us next year.