• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Head Coaching candidates

coachx

Larry Drew's team over achieved this year. I like the man but I want a coach who is more detailed oriented and gives more direction in game with quicker adustments.A guy I would love to have is Mo Cheeks. He was a defensive ace and a true pass 1st PG in playing days. He has proven he is an excellent coach when given the chance.I would also stongly consider either Van Gundy......even though I don't know if Smoove's DNA would allow him to play for a detailed oriented coach like them. If he could mature to their level he could finally reach his potential.Rick Aldermam would have been perfect with his motion offense but the T-Wolves beat us to the punch.If Scott Skiles gets canned I would love to have him.Nate McMillian is another guy I like.If Greg Anthony wanted to get involved with coaching I would gladly interview him.Some like D'Antoni. I personally do not and he will command a salary higher then any of these other names.Then there is the old Mike Fratello but I'd probably pass on Mike now.....but 5 years ago is another story.

• Like 1

I really don't care to be honest. It's a personnel issue. Coaching can't make Teague into a starting PG player, Joe into a #1 option, Josh into a high BBIQ player, Horf to create his own shot, Marvin to be able to find himself in a bad offense. We never run the plays right. Who gives a f**k who's the coach.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member

Looking at that list I'd keep LD. Stopped reading at "Scott Skiles"

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

and we are going to be doing the same thing next year. I think this team needs a outside opinion, if they want to go far in the playoffs. Drew is a good coach but if Atlanta wants to go to ECF, then we need somebody else.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Larry Drew's team over achieved this year. I like the man but I want a coach who is more detailed oriented and gives more direction in game with quicker adustments.A guy I would love to have is Mo Cheeks. He was a defensive ace and a true pass 1st PG in playing days. He has proven he is an excellent coach when given the chance.I would also stongly consider either Van Gundy......even though I don't know if Smoove's DNA would allow him to play for a detailed oriented coach like them. If he could mature to their level he could finally reach his potential.Rick Aldermam would have been perfect with his motion offense but the T-Wolves beat us to the punch.If Scott Skiles gets canned I would love to have him.Nate McMillian is another guy I like.If Greg Anthony wanted to get involved with coaching I would gladly interview him.Some like D'Antoni. I personally do not and he will command a salary higher then any of these other names.Then there is the old Mike Fratello but I'd probably pass on Mike now.....but 5 years ago is another story.

OF your list...JVG.Mike.and Skiles.We don't have time to get unexperienced guys. Might as well keep LD.We don't have time to go after guys who won't grab these guys.We need some IN your face coaching and coaching that improves BBIQ of the players.

Drew aint going nowhere unless somehow some way Sund leaves...Just not seeing that happen...I think Drew will be on the bench again next year...I am now going to jump off the nearest bridge...

Both Drew and Sund's contracts are up. There are decisions that must be made.

Some are too young to know Mo Cheeks playing career. He was the quintisential pure PG of the NBA prior to John StocktonStarting PG for the 76ers NBA Championship team that beat both the Celtics and Lakers dynasties of the 80s.Retired as the NBA's 2nd all time assist leader behind only Oscar Robinson.Retired as the NBA's all time steals leader.Plus he is a proven head coach who over achieved in Portland.I'd love to see him get his hands on Jeff Teague and this team.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

I know their contracts are up...but I also know the ASG will renew them on the cheap...par for the course..will be very surprised to see otherwise...

I was thinking that too but I think that after last night, maybe, just maybe the ASG would get serious about this.
  • Like 1

Did you compare Mo Cheeks and a team with Dr. J to Teague and the hawks. I can't stand some of our fans. Now I know why ASG is so stupid.By coachx logic:Joe=KobeTeague=WestbrookLD=terribleWe get a coach and championship!smh.

Did you compare Mo Cheeks and a team with Dr. J to Teague and the hawks. I can't stand some of our fans. Now I know why ASG is so stupid.By coachx logic:Joe=KobeTeague=WestbrookLD=terribleWe get a coach and championship!smh.

You are making stuff up.I never compared the 80's 76ers to todays Hawks. Learn some reading comprehension and lose your personal hate for me.

I don't hate you. By the way, are you still in Winder?

• Premium Member

I don't get the connection of Cheeks being a good player and Cheeks being a good potential HC. I guess he's fine if we're just looking for a semi-sexy name. Why stop there? Using this logic we should hire Isiah Thomas. Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

Drew was a solid PG in the NBA.

I don't get the connection of Cheeks being a good player and Cheeks being a good potential HC. I guess he's fine if we're just looking for a semi-sexy name.

Why stop there? Using this logic we should hire Isiah Thomas.

I thought Cheeks was a better head coach then Thomas.

He has like 8 or 9 years of NBA head coaching expierence......are you aware of that ?

Looking at that list I'd keep LD. Stopped reading at "Scott Skiles"

Skiles would bench your boy Smoove for all those jump shots before you could finish a gulp of that icehouse. I think he is over-rated but Skiles could be the exact type of coach Josh needs.

• Premium Member

I thought Cheeks was a better head coach then Thomas.He has like 8 or 9 years of NBA head coaching expierence......are you aware of that ?

Yep.Well he could be a better coach. All I know is that in 8 or 9 years of coaching he has a ~50% win rate (Zeke is 46%) and has only been above 500 twice.

Yep.Well he could be a better coach. All I know is that in 8 or 9 years of coaching he has a ~50% win rate (Zeke is 46%) and has only been above 500 twice.

Cheeks did a good job with the talent level he had in my opinion. If all you look at is win pct your not even scratching the surface. Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think the A$G will spend any real money to go get a name coach. They'll get Drew to sign the cheapest head coaching contract in the NBA for a second time and he'll be happy to take it. They are going to blame the injuries for why we couldn't even get out of the first round this year.