• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If it's not built right, then one player is not to blame.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I recognize that we already have talent. I think for many fans, they believe that we have to have a big 5 plus elite players on the bench. NO.. In basketball, you have to have a good compliment of skillsets. Right now, we are weak in low post scoring and man defense on guards. Bradley is the best young guard defender I have seen in a long time. He basically shut down Joe in the clutch and did the same with Wade. This young fella can guard big guards.Stiemsma is questionable. I like his size and what he does with it. He's somewhat athletic. I'm not saying he is elite at all. However, if we were facing losing Josh to nothing or trying to get something from Boston, these are the two I want. Not Bass and Pietrus.

Since Smoove is going to have Boston on his short list of teams, why not see if a team with the assets we covet would be interested in a package including some mix of Bass, Steisma, Bradley and Boston's first rounder. Perhaps a three way could be facilitated.

Diesel is trolling us. No way in hell will any trade Josh Smith for Avery Bradley and some big man scrub. Stop it, what's next, Amare and Shump for Smoove. You are going way too far in the wrong direction.

Shump >> Bradley

Amare >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D-League scrub

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

Let me explain why the "not built right" statements by Charles and or the concepts laid out by Diesel are correct.A hypothetical for you.Orlando trades Howard and TurkogluAtlanta trade Johnson, Horford and the 23rd pick in the draft.Why Orlando does it? They're losing Howard no matter what, Turkoglu is overpaid, they acquire a first rounder, this is good value in return.Why Atlanta does it. Bringing home the lost son, keeping Josh, enticing free agents, Turk's money is shorter than Joe's, Howard and Turk are a little cheaper.Atlanta tweaks their lineup to now look like thisTeague??? (any good shooter)Marvin/ TurkSmith/ IvanHoward/ ZazaA lineup of Teague, Marvin, Smith, Howard and anyone without broken legs is superior defensively/rebounding to any team in the NBA. Dwight is a low post wrecking machine. That team is an instant contender. As written is about $58 million in salary next year. 14 million to spend on 6 players.It's construction and concept, not coaching or talent.

I don't think Orlando will trade for one of our players.

We need Thabeet.

We don't need Thabeet but he would help us with size.

I would trade Josh Smith for a Kendall Marshall and kevin seraphin. That answers both our PG and C questions. But Josh Smith much better than both of those players but Marahall can reach his potential with Al Horford.